Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just How Much Is Everyone Exercising?

I walk 30 min 2-3 days and couch 2 5k for 3...@ least 1 day of rest. I want to get back to zumba but not sure i can do an hr yet. Its barely my 2nd wk of working out because of a few set backs but should I be working on strengthening with some light weights?

Treadmill and stationary bike 1 hour, 4 times a week in the morning. 30 minute walk for lunch. Walk or jog 1 hour, 3 to5 times a week in the evening. Play basketball one night a week. Gotta go time for my lunch time walk.

I lift weights 4-5 times a week and do cardio 1-2 times a week. One of the cardio sessions is my weekly Muay Thai for one hour and the other I run or do stationary bike for 30-45 minutes. On my lifting (resistance training), 1-2 of those are of the HIRT (High Intensity Resistance Traning) which involves olympic lifts.....but they really kick my butt and I can't do them more than twice a week.

Has anyone tried Zumba?

Has anyone tried Zumba?

Yes!! Luv it! I like it better when I used to go to the activity center than the dvds. I like it when the guy would change it up everyday. My hr would go by fast!

I have picked up my work outs a bit 60 min walk 30 min Elliptical and 30 min workout DVD That does strength training. I do this 7 days a week on Wednesday I only walk and elliptical Sundays only DVD.

Sleeved 9/26/12 244lb

1/15/13 209

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I have done different things over time. I used to do Water aerobics 2x a week plus elliptical and strength training. It was good but if you don't mix it up' date=' you don't continue to progress so I decided to do higher intensity workouts.

Lately I have been doing spinning, pilates/yoga and boot camp type classes. Wow - that increase in intensity resulted in fast results but i couldn't have done it without the many months of doing other things getting stronger. The boot camp class is really hard for me - i am clearly at the bottom 20% of the class in terms of ability, but heck, pushups, sprints, circuit training all sorts of stuff really pushes me.[/quote']

Wow...this is the same journey I plan to take after my surgery. Starting with less tense workouts and working my way up to boot camp. You are doing great!

I do Water aerobics 3-4 times per week & walk 2o-30 minutes nearly every day. I'm 3 months out from surgery. In two weeks, I'll try snowshoeing.

I tried some of the weight machines, but I hate them. I'd rather do what I love. .. I'm more likely to actually do it. At some point, I want to go back to spinning. I enjoyed that a long time ago & would love to get back to it.

But I'll wait until I'm a bit stronger.

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. HW: 315; SW: 283; CW: 240

I do Water aerobics 3-4 times per week & walk 2o-30 minutes nearly every day. I'm 3 months out from surgery. In two weeks' date=' I'll try snowshoeing.

I tried some of the weight machines, but I hate them. I'd rather do what I love. .. I'm more likely to actually do it. At some point, I want to go back to spinning. I enjoyed that a long time ago & would love to get back to it.

But I'll wait until I'm a bit stronger.

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. HW: 315; SW: 283; CW: 240[/quote']

Wow! That's awesome progress. Hope I can do as well as you!

Does anyone have any tips for the saggy arms and inner thighs? Or hanging skin belly?? :)