Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll - Democrat or Republican?

What Political Party Do You Vote For?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What Political Party Do You Vote For?

• Democrat
    • Republican
    • Independent
    • I Don't Vote

I for one have never said that Republicans are "cold hearted people who don't want to help others". I do observe that they are very vocal about this particular subject.

That distinction about Republicans would also hold true with political commentary within the news media as well as when I watch political debates, and even at the Republican party conventions welfare fraud and the abolition of taxes is a hot topic. Am I wrong about this, people?

I'm not one who likes mass generalizations, but the different parties and the people who support them do have particular platforms that they adopt. That's one good reason why people choose one party over the other for themselves.

This president ran on a platform that promised less government. That means less taxes. That includes less welfare. I haven't heard the Democrats promising that. But then, I haven't listened to your co-workers.

Well, I never said that "Bjean" said that republicans are cold hearted, I said that many democrats portray us that way, I hope you are not one of them since you are being defensive about it, again, I never said it was you.

The media? most of it scores left, CBS, The New York Times,Los Angeles Times and I can keep going on and on all afternoon about this... so I refuse to go by how the media portrays republicans, that for sure is a given..

Welfare fraud and abolition of taxes? It sure should be a hot topic in democratic conventions too! and I'm glad it is in republican conventions, heck yes, shouldn't we all be against welfare fraud? shouldn't we all be for monitoring these programs so that taxes shouldn't have to be raised? that doesn't mean not helping the ones who need it...it doesn't mean that at all..:eek:

"...use it against Republicans"???

Just statin' the facts as I see 'em. As I said, nothing seems to point to the fact that Democrats don't resent taxes and welfare fraud, except for the fact that they don't adopt it as part of their platform and they aren't vocal about it, like Republicans.

I'm not the one who seems defensive here.

Yes, some and many use it against republicans, again I didn't say "you" and yes, I believe you were and are still being defensive... maybe I am too, which is fine with me, but you definitely also.

What the heck is wrong to adopt welfare fraud and high taxes as a platform, and why is wrong to be vocal about it? many, many agree with that, it's a very good thing to be vocal about it and it's an even better thing to adopt it as a platform, I'm sure you agree with democrats adopting gay marriage, socialized medicine , pro abortion and other issues as part of their platform, so why not welfare fraud or high taxes? do you see anything wrong with that? do you think that because republicans may emphasize on that is because they resent helping people in need? otherwise why are you so taken by the fact that it's part of their platform, I see it as a great thing! in fact, thank you for bringing it up, in my opinion, it helps republicans...

The reason I mentioned that he was a Republican is because most Republicans I know are very unhappy with having to pay taxes, in any form, and they are quite vocal about it.

Are Republicans really the only people who are unhappy about paying taxes? I don't think that I have ever met anyone, regardless of party affiliation, who enjoyed having the government take a cut out of their paycheck or purchases.

BTW, this poll totally exemplifies what is wrong with our government. There are other political parties aside from the two that the media shoves down our throats and they deserve more recognition than being incorrectly labeled "Independent." Perhaps we citizens could actually have a government that worked for us and protected our rights if we would do away with the stifling, antiquated, two-party system.

Are Republicans really the only people who are unhappy about paying taxes? I don't think that I have ever met anyone, regardless of party affiliation, who enjoyed having the government take a cut out of their paycheck or purchases.

BTW, this poll totally exemplifies what is wrong with our government. There are other political parties aside from the two that the media shoves down our throats and they deserve more recognition than being incorrectly labeled "Independent." Perhaps we citizens could actually have a government that worked for us and protected our rights if we would do away with the stifling, antiquated, two-party system.

Extremely good point:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I should have put a moderate choice up there. Ugh lol. I would have selected that. Sheesh.

Actually, we don't have that "moderate" choice at the voting box....it's either democrat or republican or independent....so the poll was a very good idea and the results are so interesting!!!

Actually, we don't have that "moderate" choice at the voting box....it's either democrat or republican or independent....

Actually, you're wrong. There are other parties.

I forgot Libertarian, which is what I was thinking when I wrote Independent.....what others are there? That is all I have ever seen.

TXBandit, I apologize if my response to you two posts ago sounded snotty. I just re-read it now and am embarrassed by how bitchy and trite I sounded. No hard feelings I hope?

I grew up in a home filled with Dems and so registered the first time I was able to vote.

When I knew better, I changed parties.

I consider myself a "compassionate" Conservative...lol.

I would never vote a straight party line though......that's a rather ignorant way to do anything. I am not a lemming. I have voted out of my party before because the candidate in my opinion was more worthy.

I do believe in voting in every election down to local elections.

I want less gov't overseeing and less taxes. I work hard for my money. I hate entitlement programs. I think they have been grossly abused and long lost their original need(a helping hand UNTIL you could make it).

I have a hard time with illegal immigration and the US not having a national language. My family came from Italy, Ireland and Poland. All were first gen Americans and their parent HAD to learn English in order to get a job and be a productive part of their famkily and society. I always wonder about the language troubles we have here in the US. I would NEVER dream of moving (let's say) to France and not learning French. It's absurd.

The major issue that I disagree with my "party" is their stand on environmental issues...but even then, I do agree that we should drill in ANWR.

We're not that bad...either are Dems for that matter. There are looney tunes on both sides. I wish people could really talk religion and politics without coming to blows. Not that I see any fighting here but we just had an argument at my house a few days ago.

P E A C E

Susan

I, too, grew up in a Democratic home. My parents were old-school, yellow dogs. I married and left home BEFORE I was voting age. By the time I COULD vote, I'd actually listened and paid attention to the topics and found I couldn't possibly vote anything but Republican.

So, with the exception of Perot in -- what was it, '92? -- I've voted Republican in every major election since Reagan and have no regrets -- 'cept the Perot thingy!!

That said -- at this moment in time, I have NO idea who I would pick out of the gaggle that are running on EITHER platform and only hope and pray someone worthy emerges before it's time to pull that lever.

EXACTLY...I chose not to vote in this poll. ;)

steph: nice to see we have grammar and spelling police here! Much needed, right?

One interesting note: the Republicans have used getting rid of welfare and taxes and big government in their platform and in their campaigns for as long as I can remember or read about. Unfortunately it is mostly talk and campaign rehtoric. They occasionally make a token tax cut, but they're almost always in hot Water over it because the country winds up with a huge deficit; and they only cut the programs that don't harm them personally financially - like environmental issues, welfare in general, education and others, while some of the biggest drains on our tax dollars are in the form of huge weapons systems and other big businesses which they seem to increase the budgets of every time they are in control.

So if you're voting Republican and thinking you're getting what they're promising, you might consider taking a harder look at what's happening versus what's promised.

And no, I don't believe that Democrats are immune to being sucked in by the big business lobbyists - nor is just about politician, in fact - be they Independent, Libertarian or any other party.

And if you think that an Independent or Libertarian or other minor political party candidate can be elected to the presidency, I honestly believe you're kidding yourself.

If you're voting that way to make some kind of protest or statement, there aren't too many people who are impressed or listening. You'd be better off figuring out which of the candidates of the major parties is better and go about working hard to do all you can to keep them honest. Using your voice and vote to be heard seems like our only hope. Politicians honestly do listen and respond to their constituents most of the time. Otherwise, we are completely impotent when it comes to national politics and our bantering back and forth here is worthless.