Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

In 1.5 days I had 5 mini candy bars which are approximately 50 calories each. That is 250 pointless' date=' but tasty, calories. I ate those and was really satisfied by them. That is SO different from before when I looked forward to the holiday season when there was a constant rotation of seasonally themed fresh candy in large multi-bags. It was not unusual for me to buy one or more 8-12 bags of mixed chocolate and eat it all by myself. That along with the other weekly chocolate candy stash that was in perpetual rotation.

Maybe I wasn't as bad as before. I just fear old habits. Sometimes I think that this success should be savored because it is temporary. The mental part of this journey or life project may never go away.[/quote']

Delta...sweets don't bother you? I'm just curious because my friend made us some truffles...they're delish (I ate more than my share last year) and I literally couldn't eat one of the damn things! I struggle with Protein Bars even...I seem to have a problem with refined sugar in a big way since I've been well enough to eat. That's ok mind you :) I had sugar issues before LOL But I'm just surprised you could get through one of those. Does it bother you later or anything???

justine try fitclick.com i love it. fitness pal i hated.

delta i buy dark chocolate now instead of milk. its better for you.

justine try fitclick.com i love it. fitness pal i hated.

delta i buy dark chocolate now instead of milk. its better for you.

Ill look it up- thanks

Thanks. That's what I did too until the Holidays and now trying too again as my hair just started falling out. Yuck.

My hairs been coming out for about two months it feels like. Just hope it doesnt last too much longer :-(

My hairs been coming out for about two months it feels like. Just hope it doesnt last too much longer :-(

How far out are u? I am over 4 months and no Hair loss.< /p>

Delta...sweets don't bother you? I'm just curious because my friend made us some truffles...they're delish (I ate more than my share last year) and I literally couldn't eat one of the damn things! I struggle with Protein bars even...I seem to have a problem with refined sugar in a big way since I've been well enough to eat. That's ok mind you :) I had sugar issues before LOL But I'm just surprised you could get through one of those. Does it bother you later or anything???

I really do avoid sugar and almost never crave it anymore. I would rather have cheese any day. It may have been that I was having coffee at work and I don't usually do that either and it triggered my sweet tooth.

Does sugar bother me? I thought that is what made me sick when I tried creme brulee at 4 weeks and later chocolate cheesecake at Thanksgiving and later chess pie at Christmas. I told my doctor about it and he laughed and said that it wasn't so much sugar as it was fat. That fat is really toxic to us in any volume and especially if it is the wrong kind of fat. I didn't eat the mini candy bars all at once. There was a period of time between them, so that may have made a difference. And they weren't the fun size, these are the minis. I tried the Snickers, the Kit Kat and Twix.

Last night I gave my SO a king cake. He had never had one before and loved it. I took one small bite from the edge and there is no way I would have taken another. It was too rich and too sweet. I just knew it would end up making me sick.

How far out are u? I am over 4 months and no Hair loss.< /p>

Four months and a few days. I never really lost hair before this so i pull hair out in the shower and when i dry it and of course throughout the day its on my clothes. I might chop my hair again to my shoulders. Shorter it is the less the hair clumps will look lol

Four months and a few days. I never really lost hair before this so i pull hair out in the shower and when i dry it and of course throughout the day its on my clothes. I might chop my hair again to my shoulders. Shorter it is the less the hair clumps will look lol

I was having trouble a few weeks back getting in the protein...and my hair was worse. I upped my Protein, paid better attention to that, and added Biotin (like 10,000 mcg) along with my multi and it has slowed way down. It's not really falling out, it's breaking off and just not growing as well. The protein has really helped and I added the biotin just for good measure. No complaints here. My hair actually feels better.

DELTA: Sugar and fat together...oh yeah, too rich for my tiny tum and tastebuds anymore. I agree with you! Literally a TASTE of somethings is all I need anymore and then I'm good and wouldn't dare eat more. So strange. But so awesome! I feel like I eat like I should always have eaten. Which isn't much at all, mind you. And I have lost the stress associated with food. I eat whatever I want (focusing on protein and water). I can't eat much of anything so I don't stress about it anymore. There are just things I don't want at all anymore and I am ever so grateful for that!

I have not lost any hair at all and it is even stronger now then before my sleeve. The skin on my neck and arms is not to bad. This is some of what I take every day. You can get them at Walmart the cream I got at sam's. I am a slow loser so that might have something to do with it as well not sure . Sleeved 9/26/12 at 244 today I'm 212.7 :)

post-36875-13813662109438_thumb.jpg

Waiting in the waiting room at my surgeon's office for my three and a half month f/u appt. I recognized a girl waiting also who attended the six month classes with me. She has dropped a lot of weight. :) She looked like she was trying to place me as to how she knew me. Isn't it amazing how much our appearances change with this surgery?

I lost another 2 pounds....Unfortunately, I think it was all hair. :(

I was having trouble a few weeks back getting in the protein...and my hair was worse. I upped my protein' date=' paid better attention to that, and added Biotin (like 10,000 mcg) along with my multi and it has slowed way down. It's not really falling out, it's breaking off and just not growing as well. The Protein has really helped and I added the biotin just for good measure. No complaints here. My hair actually feels better.

DELTA: Sugar and fat together...oh yeah, too rich for my tiny tum and tastebuds anymore. I agree with you! Literally a TASTE of somethings is all I need anymore and then I'm good and wouldn't dare eat more. So strange. But so awesome! I feel like I eat like I should always have eaten. Which isn't much at all, mind you. And I have lost the stress associated with food. I eat whatever I want (focusing on protein and water). I can't eat much of anything so I don't stress about it anymore. There are just things I don't want at all anymore and I am ever so grateful for that![/quote']

Hi momof.... I do get in 70-80 grams of protein vit and bitoin since before surgery just now seeing a lot of hairs fall away, I do badly need a hair cut so maybe that's it or it is really loss... Anyways you mentioned uping protein what do u get in a day? Thanks:) glad your doing so well :)

Just had my 3 month post op appointment this morning. I was a couple of weeks late because of the holidays. I am 40 pounds down from my day of surgery! Only 35 more to go!

Great job!!!