Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Canadian "NSV" Thread

I immediately went off my GERD medication and although I have needed Rolaids a few times I am not in constant pain either! Just for that alone this all has been worth it!!

I have always kept my clothing at various stages of weight loss/gain. I am currently down just over 40lbs and "shopping" in my basement last weekend was great!!! I found a ton of clothes that I can wear again. At the same time I got rid of a bunch of now big clothes... actually knowing that I can get rid of them is great!!

I look forward to being able to go off my hypertensive meds... but I guess I actually have to TAKE my blood pressure to know when I can go off them... Maybe I should start!

When I was banded last September I wore a size 18W pant. Today I bought a pair of capris in size 12P.:D I cain't believe it! :faint: I still feel like a tubbykins. Weird, eh?;)

Now I guess that I am going to have to get up the confidence to give away my big clothes.:omg:

Hey green! That's awesome! You made me think of mine:

Last March I was wearing size 24 (or 26) pants, and yesterday, I bought 2 pairs of pants, size 12! (still wearing my 16's and 14's too though)

Yay for 12's!

I am a craft sale vendor as well. These things can be brutal, and this last Christmas just about killed me at 350lbs. I am looking forward to being a leaner, not so meaner sales machine this Christmas. I had better be since I am doing 8 - 3-4 day shows starting in mid october to early december. Oh yah I promised myself I would not lave building my stock until the last minute this year too. This is my side business for those who are interested

www.livingcolours.ca

Andrew

Gaffer, I just had a look at your website. Those butterflies are amazing and they are beautifully mounted.

I note that you are an entomologist. I went through a period of regretting that I had not studied entomology in uni - I find bugs both interesting and beautiful - until I realized that I wouldn't be able to handle the field work. I am absolutely terrified of reptiles!!!;)

Hey green! That's awesome! You made me think of mine:

Last March I was wearing size 24 (or 26) pants, and yesterday, I bought 2 pairs of pants, size 12! (still wearing my 16's and 14's too though)

Yay for 12's!

Yay for you!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: This is fabulous news.;) Do you think of your new self as a thin grrl or a big grrl? My friend who was shopping with me noted that I went immediately to big sizes rack even before I told her that I still feel fat.

Gaffer, I just had a look at your website. Those butterflies are amazing and they are beautifully mounted.

I note that you are an entomologist. I went through a period of regretting that I had not studied entomology in uni - I find bugs both interesting and beautiful - until I realized that I wouldn't be able to handle the field work. I am absolutely terrified of reptiles!!!:)

Thanks, they are something that I take alot of pride in, and I have a knack for the mounting and happen to know how to frame as well.

I know what you mean about the entomlogy. My first love was parasitology, but there is no work in that field, even less than in the entomology field. I am lucky to have my business, as well as a fulltime career in entomology.

Andrew

Thanks, they are something that I take alot of pride in, and I have a knack for the mounting and happen to know how to frame as well.

I know what you mean about the entomlogy. My first love was parasitology, but there is no work in that field, even less than in the entomology field. I am lucky to have my business, as well as a fulltime career in entomology.

Andrew

I read an interesting book, one that was friendly to Greenish-blonde readers, eh! about a year ago on tropical parasites. I read about Chagas - ugh! - among other things and I also read about all the many unpleasant diseases which are spread to us via mosquitoes. The author contends one of the problems that global warming will bring us northerners will be an extended mosquito season.

I also read many interesting things about intestinal worms. According to the author it was malaria, recurring bouts of yellow fever which served to quarintine the port cities, and the fact that all the poor folk, be they white or black, in the American south had intestinal worms which crippled the southern economy until the second half of the 20th century. It seemed that those poor folks who lived in the American south were just too chronically depleted due to parasites and bouts of malaria to be able to reliably work the land. Northerners chose not to invest in the south as a result.

And by the way, there was a type of primitive butterfly which I ran across when I was in the little Alps (les Alpilles de Provence) of Provence. They were white with a coloured patch on each wing. My boyfriend told me that they were primitive insects and these Patches were their solar panels. To demonstrate he stood in front of one and when it no longer had access to the sun's rays it stopped moving. Have you heard of such creature?:) I found it kinda extraordinary....!

My pants almost fell down. If I wasn't holding onto them they would have. I was wearing my admittedly too big favorite jeans, I was running and had to grab the waistline. :girl_hug:

Loving this band.

I read an interesting book, one that was friendly to Greenish-blonde readers, eh! about a year ago on tropical parasites. I read about Chagas - ugh! - among other things and I also read about all the many unpleasant diseases which are spread to us via mosquitoes. The author contends one of the problems that global warming will bring us northerners will be an extended mosquito season.

I also read many interesting things about intestinal worms. According to the author it was malaria, recurring bouts of yellow fever which served to quarintine the port cities, and the fact that all the poor folk, be they white or black, in the American south had intestinal worms which crippled the southern economy until the second half of the 20th century. It seemed that those poor folks who lived in the American south were just too chronically depleted due to parasites and bouts of malaria to be able to reliably work the land. Northerners chose not to invest in the south as a result.

And by the way, there was a type of primitive butterfly which I ran across when I was in the little Alps (les Alpilles de Provence) of Provence. They were white with a coloured patch on each wing. My boyfriend told me that they were primitive insects and these Patches were their solar panels. To demonstrate he stood in front of one and when it no longer had access to the sun's rays it stopped moving. Have you heard of such creature?B) I found it kinda extraordinary....!

Sounds like a Robert Desowitz book. He is one of my favorites.

As for the butterfly, I am not sure which it is.

Andrew

My pants almost fell down. If I wasn't holding onto them they would have. I was wearing my admittedly too big favorite jeans, I was running and had to grab the waistline. B)

Loving this band.

Woohoo for you! I just went through a bunch of my clothes. I am giving away many, many bags full. Congratulations, Paulax!

Sounds like a Robert Desowitz book. He is one of my favorites.

As for the butterfly, I am not sure which it is.

Andrew

Yep, I think it was written by Desowitz. He is very accessible to the blondies.B)