Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Popcorn

My NUT just told me yesterday popcorn was one of the best Snacks you can eat after being sleeved cuz it's full of Fiber. I used ro eat a bag of microwave movie theater popcorn everynight before I went to bed! Now I keep the small bags of Smart Pop and every once in awhile make one, but can't eat much at all!

i bought some orville red....small individual popcorn bags - they are really little, almost not worth talking about ;)

so good yum yum - but i couldn't stop at one bag - and i ate too fast which is something i never do, i was then able to eat a second bag of course, felt so sick to my tummy :(

if i know something like that is a control/problem for me, i just say no thank you - and put it away and DH will eat ;)

still love popcorn, and probably will have one bag on a future occasion, but WILL stop then

don't worry about popcorn at movies, usually don't go to the movies - unless one of my sleeve buddies wants to go with me ;)

You're right. It is definitely a slider food for me! goes down without a hitch!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE popcorn!!! I would advise against movie theater or microwave popcorn. It's full of trans fat and dangerous chemicals.

I pop my own on the stove top with a tiny bit olive or coconut oil, I sneak it into theaters and take it with me to amusement parks and fairs too so I won't eat their crap food.

Face it, popcorn is a treat and it smells decadent, but it's light on the fat and calories. If I don't have anything but fruit or veggies that day, the carbs are fine.

I would wait until 3 month post-op at least.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE popcorn!!! I would advise against movie theater or microwave popcorn. It's full of trans fat and dangerous chemicals.

I pop my own on the stove top with a tiny bit olive or coconut oil, I sneak it into theaters and take it with me to amusement parks and fairs too so I won't eat their crap food.

Face it, popcorn is a treat and it smells decadent, but it's light on the fat and calories. If I don't have anything but fruit or veggies that day, the carbs are fine.

I would wait until 3 month post-op at least.

I agree about the chemicals. In fact, I just bought a bag of organic popcorn or something like that at the health food store, so i am anxious to try that. I'm sure it will taste much better anyway that the microwave stuff that tastes like cardboard! LOL!

I was just reading an article today that a man won a 7 million judgement against a major corporation because after consuming buttered popcorn every day for years, the inhaled butter chemicals led to respiratory issues. Go figure! I knew there was something unholy about the butter substance that is in microwave and movie popcorn. Now you have another reason to not eat it.

I was just going to post this. This goes for any packaged, processed food with an ingredient label with a list of 50 things you can barely pronounce. You may think microwave popcorn is quick, but I can pop corn just as fast and it tastes dreamy. I can control the salt too.

Making your own nut butters are slightly more time consuming, but still easy. The more we stay away from packaged food and fast food (no matter how "healthy" it's supposed to be) the better off we will be.

she says as she drinks a diet soda. I'm going to go back to my own fresh squeezed fruit juice and club soda.

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/popcorn-lung-lawsuit-nets-7-2m-award-125914508--abc-news-topstories.html

Speaking of soda, I know alot of people have questions about carbonation. i asked my NUT Monday what the deal was about not being allowed to have carbonation. She said alot of people still drink it, and have no problems as far as gas, or pain, side effects, etc, but her and the doctor both said it will definitely stretch out your stomach in the long run, because it expands in your stomach. That is why they suggest if you must have it, let it sit out until it goes flat. YUK, who would want it then?!

Speaking of soda, I know alot of people have questions about carbonation. i asked my NUT Monday what the deal was about not being allowed to have carbonation. She said alot of people still drink it, and have no problems as far as gas, or pain, side effects, etc, but her and the doctor both said it will definitely stretch out your stomach in the long run, because it expands in your stomach. That is why they suggest if you must have it, let it sit out until it goes flat. YUK, who would want it then?!

I do believe that there is a limit to how much the sleeve can stretch vs. a gastric pouch. Also, whatever gas isn't there for long. I swear I burp after each sip. Gross, but there it is.

I do believe that there is a limit to how much the sleeve can stretch vs. a gastric pouch. Also, whatever gas isn't there for long. I swear I burp after each sip. Gross, but there it is.

I agree. I haven't had sodas or anycarbonation since last year at this time. I just stopped cold turkey so it doesn't apply to me. I just asked my NUT while I was there cuz so many people on here wonder about it. I agree that your stomach can't stretch that much, but according to her it can. I don't miss the sodas anyway, so i don't have to worry about it.

I just heard on the news that the guy who sued for butter on the popcorn, or whatever it was he sued Orville redenbacher for, actually got whatever disease he got from handling insecticides for years or something like that instead, but he tried to say it was from the chemicals or something in the microwave popcorn. I guess he was investigated! Anyway, it's true it's not really that good for you and to stick with organic or freshly popped!

My surgeon told me that we would be surprised to know just how much the sleeve can actually stretch...so to be careful in order not to gain the weight back down the line....and the insurances won't pay for another surgery if you stretch the bologny out of the sleeve you have now. Insurances will consider it a fail...and expect another one to be a fail, as well.

Those things are definitely motivational factors for NOT doing something that might stretch the sleeve ou. However; I love diet soda...but I can live without it.

The burping after drinking a soda is hilarious. I took my first drink of diet Dr pepper, I promise is was just a SIP and I let out this long long long trumpeting burp. My daughter grabbed the can back and declared no more soda for me.

So now I sneak my sips and quiet my burps lol

popcorn is great after the sleeve. Of course, you can't hold the amount that you could before your sleeve, but it is one of my favorite treats. Maybe once a week or every other week. Diet soda makes me belch like crazy and takes me a few hours to finish one. I recommend pouring it in a cup and sprite or 7up seems to make me belch a little less. Honestly, I prefer iced tea, coffee or mio Water or plain water now to soda. I do not see anything wrong with a diet soda on occasion. Remember this is about a lifestyle change and moderation is key, not giving up everything. To me that puts you in that diet mindset that didn't work before, because the more you go without something, then the more you crave or want it.

Just sat through a movie yesterday while my husband had buttered popcorn. It almost killed me but not one kernel touched these lips. Maybe when I hit goal.....

We are at about the same amount of loss and lbs to goal!! When was your surgery? I buy the prepopped corned...3 cups has 150 calories...so I have about 1/2 to 3/4 cup and it makes me happy dappy!