Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hmmm The Frustrations . Now I Understand How You Guys Feel

SO! to my knowledge my packet was submitted to insurance last thursday. but nooo i received a phone call saying the NURSE had me down for lap band surgery and they didnt have the authorization code for GASTRIC SLEEVE! so i had to call the surgical sheduler today to clarify and they are going to get the correct authorization code and resubmit to insurance.

i KNOW how wicked busy these people are. but you would think they would at least review notes and see that i made a final decision my last 2 visits? im not mad. just frustrated and anxious. to the point where im dreaming about this surgery at night and it keeps me up. (i blame Chantix for part of this as well) oh yeah the screen busted on my brand new lap top. hence why im writing this from work.

even tho i have 2 online classes that i am taking right now. im going to stay positive no matter what gets in the way or whatever hiccups come about. just needed to vent. i spoke to my Surgeons office and he is giving me a surgery date on September 17th so at least I have that to look forward to :)

I sooo understand...it can be so frustrating! I got lucky and didnt have any paperwork issues at all. Keep up the positive attutude, it will help you soooo much after surgery. Good luck!

Be patiently persistent! They waited a week to get mine submitted, because they didn't request my phych eval results. I had to chase them all over hell and gone to finally get that submitted, and then I had to jump all over their heads and shoulders to get the information out of them that insurance needed additional information, and then once I was approved by insurance and got my letter in the mail, it too me a WEEK to get them their copy (either they couldn't find it in their mail, they didn't get it, they couldn't log into the webpage I sent them to print it directly from the website.....). I finally gave in and faxed them my letter so we could get things moving.

Stay the course, but make sure you don't let them slouch! Good luck.

I feel you! My paper work was submitted on Fruday and I'm already calling Aetna about it!

Very cool that you got your surgery date so soon though!!

the nurse called me and left a voicemail 10 minutes ago!! and said that she got my message about the sleeve but she needs to confirm with my Surgeon first (WHICH MAY TAKE A COUPLE OF DAYS) not sure why if their in the same office. anyways! if they checked the notes from our last followup they would see that my Surgeon said either bypass or sleeve. lapband would be a waste of time. i have my followup with him on the 17th and that is when i get my surgery date. in a perfect world i want to be approved by Monday. my surgeons office has no doubts so they are ok with giving me a surgery date. <333 staying positive!!!!!

You will get a response soon ...I can feel it ...lol.

You know those so called insurance gurus never helped me with anything! I did everything myself and when I got everything around to be submitted

She said .....ok know you can bother them!

Hmmmm maybe they will be more helpfully once I get the surgery?

Sorry for the vent;)

I feel ya. My coordinator has been slightly lax in the coordinating. So I have coordinated everything and just gave her the info. Hope to GOD I get submitted this week. Even had to give her the phone number for the care coordination team at my insurance and fax for where it should be sent. Grrrrrrrr.....