Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Always Cold...

Anyone else constantly cold? I find myself freezing most of the time.

Yep, even in the middle of summer you will find me curled up on my couch with my favorite afghan thrown over me.

Me, too. My DH told me this evening to buy some jackets and put one in each car so that when we go somewhere, I won't be miserable and freezing to death.

Me too.. Iam ALWAYS freezing..thought it was just me ..this has been one downfall of all of the weight loss. MY PCP told me it is from my Iron being too low and my blood pressure being too low. ..I'll take being cold anyday over being morbidly obese

Have you had your thyroid checked? That is a classic symptom of hypothyroidism.

Anyone else constantly cold? I find myself freezing most of the time.

I am cold just about everyday. At work, all summer long I have my heater on. Prior to my banding in August 2006, I was never like this. I think it is safe to say, that it is a direct result of the banding. Like someone said earlier, I would rather be cold than overweight.

LadyK

I am cold just about everyday. At work, all summer long I have my heater on. Prior to my banding in August 2006, I was never like this. I think it is safe to say, that it is a direct result of the banding. Like someone said earlier, I would rather be cold than overweight.

LadyK

Me too. I used to always be warm, but since surgery, I'm always cold. My husband is so surprised to feel my cold hands and feet. I'll take the trade off though. I can always wear a sweater.:biggrin1:

Nice to know it is not just me! i am always cold- my DH's thermostat is always the other way. I am huddled in a blanket and he is in shorts and a sleeveless t shirt. Makes for a really long winter when it feels like I can never warm up, but on the other hand, he did suffer with the heat this summer more then I did. Excuse me while I grab my sweater.....

My normal body temp runs about 96-97 instead of 98.6. I checked it daily for several days. It even got as low as 95 once during that time. As stated above, low body temp is a symptom of thyroid problems.

Like Carlene, I have taken to keeping a sweater or jacket of some kind in my car at all times. Even in the hottest of summer, I can barely stand going into restaurants without one.

I used to be insanely hot all of the time when I was MO and now I am freezing most of the time. I remember when I was thin years ago I was naturally cold so I do think it is due to me shedding my extra layer of insulation. I much prefer being cold to hot. Last summer I was the only one in my office who had a huge fan blowing on me while everyone else was bundled up in jackets and blankets. We do have to compromise at home though b/c I always think it is 5% too cold and my bfriend thinks it is too hot.

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/167/160

5'7''

So great to find out is isn't just me. My DH used to sleep with a thermal sleeping bag under his side of the bed to use because I kept our bedroom so cold. Not a problem now - infact I just got my own sleeping bag. Still not thin by any means, but with the weight loss temp control has been a hugh change. My biggest purchase this fall has been sweaters and sweatshirts - I used to wear tee shirts until the snow fell. At least now I can buy clothing in regular stores!!!!!!

I WISH!!! Thats a great NSV!! I hope to be there soon. However, since my throid doesnt work Im hot all the time. I work with 3 really thin people who think 80-85 is ambient temp- wow to think I may get there some day!! Heres hoping.....

Me too.. Iam ALWAYS freezing..thought it was just me ..this has been one downfall of all of the weight loss. MY PCP told me it is from my Iron being too low and my blood pressure being too low. ..I'll take being cold anyday over being morbidly obese

I have chronically low blood pressure and even fat, I was cold all the time.

I had back surgery several years ago and the morphine drip really sent my BP thru the floor - 55/35 The nurses were freaking out, woke my surgeon up in the middle of the night (and probably got their behinds chewed out, but they thought I was bleeding internally).

that it is a direct result of the banding
I wouldn't say this, but I think it can be a direct result of the weightloss that banding can cause (which makes it an indirect result of the banding).

Everyone I know who has had RNY has noticed the exact same thing. I can't say, "All of my friends who have lost weight on diets" because I don't know any!! Personally I'm no colder than I used to be, but I was always cold, and I'm only down about 50 - 60% of my excess weight. I fully anticipate becoming increasingly cold as I become increasingly small. :)