Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

I am trying to stay positive. I am greedy and want more weight loss. I had one fill but I can still eat anything I want. So much of it right now is pure willpower. I am still at a weight loss of 26 lbs. and I go to the gym 5-6 days a week. I feel like going back to liquids for a week just to drop some weight. I see my doctor on Jan. 4th. If I lost 5 more pounds by the time I saw him I would feel like a winner. When I left his office he said that the next time I see you I know you will break the 200lb mark. So I set that as my goal and I feel like I'm falling short not only for him but most of all myself.

Denise

How long have you been at 26 lbs or are you losing steady. I was banded the same day as you and we started out at almost the same weight. I know I shouldn't complain, I've lost 32 lbs but that was in the first 6 weeks. I have been up and down for the last several weeks. I went for my 2nd fill this week ans STILL don't feel any difference.

I have an appt for Jan 5th for a barium swallow. When he took the Fluid from my first fill out some was "missing", since I don't feel any different after a 1.5cc fill, he wants to make sure there isn't a leak.

Denise, so many of our "stats" are the same except my goal is 150, I am 5' 4" tall.

p.s I really wanted to be under 200 for the new year but its not looking good for me. Also, I will be 39 next month!!

Denise I think that is really common to be able to eat a lot until you reach your sweet spot. I just had my 2nd fill on Wed and before that I could eat ANYTHING! I've never had a PB or even a stuck feeling. That makes me a little nervous because I'm not quite sure what to expect.

I was stuck at 203.6 for 3 weeks!! Then after my first fill I was down to 199, then this week back up to 201 and this morning it was 197. Ugh!! I know it can be frustrating. Have you taken measurements of your body yet? Your body is still changing, even though the scale is stuck at the same number. Especially if you're working out 5-6 times a day, you're probably building muscle. I also keep track of everything I'm eating on sparkpeople.com so I can see where my calories are coming from. Good luck!!

Haven't posted in awhile. Just checking in.

It seems I'm on the slower side when I look at all the great success that you all have had. I was banded Oct. 5 and have lost 27lbs. At first when I started looking at the amazing results all the October Bandsters have had I got a little discouraged. But then I realized, I'm very happy with my progress because to be totally honest I haven't exercised or dieted for one second! So it may be slow, but it's steady and I'm already noticing lifestyle changes that are just coming about naturally.

It's been a rocky 6 weeks since my first fill. Lots of PBing due to bad habits, too much stress, eating on the run, etc. But I think I'm getting the hang of it now.

I'm looking forward to watching the weight keep melting off. I'm learning to be patient. And when that doesn't work I guess I'll have to get off my butt and start working out.

I made my Christmas goal of 225! So now I'm setting a Valentine's Day goal of 210. Slow and steady wins the race!

Happy Holidays to all!

I hav also posted in a while.. I have been busy ..I have also been struggling.. I have not lost that much lately. so I was down.. but I have been working out 5 days a week so I figured I might be gain muscle.. but this week I have been ill, so I have not been going to the gym this week.. and I have lost 3 pounds this week. I am 1 pound away from the Christmas challenge.. Getting close..

I just have to make it a couple more days.. Then I have my 2nd fill on the Friday before New Year's Eve.. so 2 days of liquids..I should be able to eat some food by midnight.. course Wine and Champaign is a liquid...:)

Christine congrats on being so close to your Christmas challenge. This morning I was 197.4...which is 2.6 away from my Christmas goal. I'm not sure I'll make it to 195 by Monday. We'll see...

JDRU: Thank you for the encouragement to keep staying the course. MY body does feel better from working out and I feel stronger definitely. I will await my "sweet spot". Your're a good person Jessica! Happy Holidays and I will look to your super weight loss for inspiration.

I don't know about anyone else, but this week has been tough for me. Between all the holiday parties and the such I'm scared to step on the scale! lol. It's funny how my vision of what's overeating has changed though. I am eating maybe 1/3 of what I used to but I still feel guilty like I'm eating too much. Ugh!

Anyway I have decided I'm not weighing myself until Tuesday, and will deal with the consequences after that. lol. The best thing is I know, even if I have gained weight, it will only be a pound for two and it will come off. My next goal is to lose another 20 lbs by my birthday in mid-February. It's an ambitious goal, but I'm determined to get there.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their holiday! Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Chrispygal!! You are doing great - 34 pounds is awesome! I know what you mean about the guilt thing - however it is the end result that counts and you are doing it...

SWV!!!!! :clap2: Last night my husband and I went to a Christmas party for his work.. I had a goal right after surgery, to fit into a dress I bought about 3 years ago. Well a couple weeks ago it alread fit. So last night I tried it on again and it was a little too big!!! So I tried on an outfit I bought 8 years ago for my high school reunion.... (a black mini skirt and a grey shinny shirt) Well for giggles I tried it on.. And IT FIT!!!!! So guess what I wore.. the black mini skirt. My husband said I looked very nice in it.. When I got to his party there were people who knew I had surgery.. they said I looked great... I was sooooo happy last night.. did not eat that much and had a couple glasses of wine..

Congratulations Christine!! Way to go! :)

Chrispygal I know how you feel, this has been one of my out of control weeks but I still am eating a lot less than I used to, I still feel aggravated at myself because I whish that I could stay on track better. I'm going to weigh myself in the morning and see if I done any damage. I hope not because I only had 2# to go for the Christmas challenge.

Way to go Christine, you met the christmas challenge and I am so happy for you that you had a good time being all pretty upped and felt good about yourself. Just think what the new year is going to bring. I can't wait.

Merry Christmas everyone (almost)!! I weighed myself this morning and I was 198.4 so I didn't quite make my Chirstmas challenge. But I'm feeling pretty good considering all of the Cookies and treats I've been eating. After Christmas I'm going to have to seriously kick my ass into gear.

Maybe we should think about another challenge...Valentine's Day?

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!!!!

I am up for a challenge. I am going on a cruise during Spring Break. I want to get as much off as possible by then. I know it isn't that far away, but I am hoping to be at 190 or 195 by then. Even if I get to 199 I would be happy.