Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

I hope everyones weekend is going good. I am so excited!:clap2: I weighed myself this morning and I lost 6# since Monday when I got my first fill. I couldn't believe it. I hope it continues to go like this. It has been one month today since my surgery. I have lost 22# and I feel that it has been pretty easy. I have had some struggles but I knew that I would and I know that there are going to be other struggles but I will get through them also.

I joined a gym tonight so now I don't have any excuses! Anyone have any workout tips or ideas?

Hi Jessica,

I have done a few things:

treadmill ... i started 2 weeks after banding ... went for 8 minutes. i can now do about 50 but that is really pushing it because i love doing an incline.

elliptical .... hated it .. didnt last more than a minute on it. i'll revisit it when i've dropped about 80.

step class ... LOVED it. i did go at my pace (slower than the class pace) but i went the entire 30 minutes. i kept moving.

today i did aqua aerobics ... loved it as well. it was funny because immediately after the class i thought oh that was easy.. ha! my arms are quite achy now.

remember this is coming from someone who did not move her hiney before banding...

best of luck to you!!

Thanks for the ideas KStar and Losingjusme! I haven't been in the gym for a few years now...and it's hard to get started. But I'm motivated this time!

Hello my friends! Sunday,- this Sunday or next?? To start the Christmas challange.

I got my fill yesterday! It really isnt a big deal. The only thing I can complain about is I now have a big black and blue where the port is and my port site was a bit sore, but today it went away. I did have a little issue with some tunafish on a cracker today but I think it was because I was eating too fast. All in all dont worry about geting your fill.

I say we start tomorrow if everyone is game.

Tomorrow works for me! Just to clarify: are we counting the weight we lost this week or losing 10 pounds from tomorrow until Christmas?

The 10# Christmas Challenge has officially started :clap2: if that's ok with everybody else. I think we should count the weight we lose as of today. Does everyone want to check in every Sunday or Monday and give their weight loss for the week. I think it would be neat if we could keep a running total of all of our weight loss combined. I think we would be surprised by how much it will be. I won't beable to check in next week because I will be on vacation but I will check in the following week.

1 down 9 to go!!!

Happy Sunday everyone!

Hope the weekend is going well!

Yesterday I took my mom downtown to see the Pirate Queen. We walked all the way to Water tower to find out the food life cafe had like a 45 minute wait! So after making mom walk that far we turned around, got some cocoa and walked to teh cadillac palace. I stopped at a white hen for a Protein Bar so i wouldnt be hungry and got mom some cheesecake. She was contented. The musical was beautiful! Highly recommend it!

Then i took her to Bennigans. I figured the salmon was a mushie-ish choice since i have 4 more days til soft foods. It was yummy! I barely ate 1/2 of it and boxed up the rest for dad. After a little shopping took her home.

Nothing like mom-daughter days to boost your spirits. :nervous

As I was getting ready to leave my husbad made me pose for my monthly picture. i didn't want to - half of my hair was in curlers and i looked like a crazy person. but WOW i couldnt believe there actually is a change in how I look in just over a month!

Got on the scale this morning 229 pounds! I thought i would faint!

OK enough sunday babble. off to Walmart. I noticed i havent been in the mood for shopping (since shopping meant ooo cupcake or cookie or icee) and now i am out of EVERYTHING!

Well,

I had my first PB. It was on tuna. I have eaten it probably 10 times over the past week and a half, but today was the day. It sure felt better to get some of it up and out. One thing I know is I still eat too fast. I am seriously going to have to work on that. I need help. Maybe I need to get up and make a trip around the kitchen and living room circle. I don't know.

Any ideas?

Jules,

sorry to hear about your PB. i, too, still have food issues. either too big of a bite or too fast. i **knock on wood** have not PB'd yet, but i have been excessively full ... that was not a fun thing at all.

maybe when we are eating (taking smaller bites of course) put down your fork and count to 20 - since we are chewing well that shouldnt be a problem.

best of luck to ya!

Losingjusme,

Thanks. It is certainly going to be a learning experience. But I have dropped a couple more pounds and am thrilled. Until I weighed today, I had only lost one pound since on mushies. Woo Hoo. Also, I haven't eaten anything since the PB. I am still full. lol

Starting this week sounds good to me. I don't have a fill yet, so maybe that will help me be good during Thanksgiving.

I usually weigh on Monday mornings, so I will report in on Mondays if that is ok with everyone.

Hello everyone!!! I was banded on October 12th. I have lost 26 pounds and have hit a plateu, but I go for my first fill tomorrow, so I am excited.