Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Kimberly150 your Soup sounds so yummy:hungry: I think I'm going to have to make it. Jodi-T I have my first fill on Monday also, I am telling myself that it won't be that bad so I'm not nervious about it. I'd like to here how your's goes and I'll let you know how mine went also.

Le2sha, that burning feeling is healing around the port and other "punctures", I think. I've had that. One day, 7 days out, it flet like it was crawling around inside of me. I guess it was settling in and growing scar tissue or something. Weird. Each day things seem a little more "normal". I still have some bruising around two of my incisions, though.

KStar, I have not had any heartburn yet, but I am still doing full liquids. I did make tortilla Soup and had some killer bloating, though. I don't know if it was because is was richer than most of the stuff I've been eating or if it was simply the Beans. I took a couple of GasX and a swig of Maalox and it got better much to my husband's dismay - if you get my drift. Heh.

I took my husband to the Four Seasons Hotel for an "overnighter" for his birthday and we ate at Zula (fabulous, fine dining - a favorite). Well, he ate - crab cakes and lobster and I nibbled a little fois gras and crab soup and a couple of bites of the most melt-in-your-mouth lobster from his plate. I also had about 1/4 glass of wine and I didn't get drunk, but I felt polluted. I won't be drinking again. The rich food made me a little rumbly in my tumbly, too. I pretty much had fasted yesterday, though, I had Water and a 90 calorie EAS shake, so I won't beat myself up over it.

This morning we had a massage - ahhhh. I suggest this to EVERYONE. Get someone to watch your kids, check into a luxury hotel with 400+ threadcount sheets, go out to a fine restaurant and finally, get a massage. It is expensive, but it should be done about once a year - you don't realize how stressful and boring your routine gets until you do something like this. We actually haven't done this in about 5 years. I didn't even ask my husband about it I just booked it and told him we were going. He loved it. I loved it. Save your pennies and get away. You'll find that it's worth every penny.

ah a massage sounds like a fabulous idea!!

i dont know what my problem is today - maybe becuz I'm just stting on the couch trying to catch up on six chapters of homework but I keep feeling like eating! maybe every 2 hours, or less I feel like I'm looking for something to nibble on! I had some cream of wheat for Breakfast, some hommus and tuna on wheat crackers for lunch, then all aftgernoon I keep looking in the pantry. I made some SF cocoa and took a little peice of the banana bread that was left over. I must not have chewed as wel as I thought becuz I felt like hell. YUCK. not a fan of that.

Better get back to homework

momotrips - your little getaway sounds wonderful! I don't think we do things like that for ourselves often enough.

I didn't make the best eating choices today (darn football/ and sportsbars!) I do so much better at home. I tried on last years jeans that were way to tight and they fit perfectly today - yeah! I don't have a scale so will weigh in at my first fill around dec 15th. Hope everyone is doing well!

Momotrips, it sounds like you and your hubby had a great time!! I wanted to do something my hubby and I for our birthdays Nov 19 and 21....that sounds like a good idea.

I don't know what is up with this heartburn, i thought maybe it was overeating, but i have it about an hour or so after i eat no matter how much or little i consume. Guess i will just chew the TUMS until my Dr. appt on the 22nd.

Hey everyone!

I haven't weighed myself lately, I hope I am still losing! I too have had the cravings and yes...I ate some ice cream one day, and also ate some mashed potatoes and gravy one day...so I have cheated too!

I wanted to know something...can we go in hot tubs when we are banded or is that a no no?

I have missed everyone...you all are awesome!

Michelle

Austin

Banded 10/19

lost around 23 pounds as of a week ago

KStar - I find that Maalox (plus or ultra multi-symptom - cherry flavor) left in the fridge is the best cure for most heartburn, indigestion, gas, etc. I usually take Rx Aciphex, but haven't since surgery. It worked for my bloating on Saturday, too. Try it. Sorry you're having that problem. I have found if I sit slumped too long I get kind of an achy bloaty feeling, too, right where I imagine the band is. Also, I get that feeling if I try to drink Water lying in bed - I have to sit up. I can only imagine what it feels like when something gets stuck!

Moon Goddess, hot tubs should be okay, but only after you're completely healed to prevent infection. Ask you doctor when they think it's okay to soak.

My discharge instructions say no hot tubs for 2 weeks, so you should be okay.

Kim

I wanted to know something...can we go in hot tubs when we are banded or is that a no no?

:omg: I'm feeling discouraged today. I have lost about 19 pounds since the pre-op diet till today. But I am so stuck. I see the scale go up 1pound and down 1 pound. I am keeping a diary of everything I eat. I have not cheated and eaten anything I am not supposed to. I watch portion size and even measure. I have been walking 4-5 times a week!!!!!!! What is going on!!!! I feel hungry in between meals but I don't allow myself anything because I don't want to sabatoge all that I have done to get where I am. I am right now on soft foods. Maybe I need to speak with my nutritionist. I have not had a fill yet. I have an appointment 11/28. I am hoping its because my monthly cycle is coming and holding onto extra Water weight.

Denise,

Dont feel discouraged. I am going through the same thing. I have lost 26# since my pre-op diet (I have to change my ticker) but once I started the mushey food stage, I stoped losing. I am not eating much at all, but we have to remember, we are in the healing stage, and shouldnt get to upset about this. Our first fill is coming up, and after that I would worry if I dont lose.!

Nanette

Banded 10-26

Dr. Benevides

Dallas,Tex.

Hi Everyone, I spent the day in the emergency room yesterday, Lots of drugs for the pain in my stomach. But I had a cat Scan and my band is fine. So the gut ache must be gastritis, or ucler. But the good news is that its not my band. YEA!!!

Mary I'm glad your band isn't in trouble! But I hope they find out what's going on. Let us know if you find out anything.