Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

joy joy the residue should come off with a little soap and water.. I would leave the bandaids on when you are up and about but when you are not risking anything rubbing on it my doctor said to keep them uncovered and get some air to them.

Congratulations to everyone, you are all doing great!

QBanita75 are you feeling any better today, Is the hard area still there? Keep us posted if you call your Dr's office or find out what it was.

One more day until banding and I am looking forward to that bowel prep today :)

Bowel prep???? I'm afraid to ask. I was banded on the 19th and didn't do that.

Best of luck. The first few days are kind of tough but I am 11 days out and feel really good and optimistic.

Take care of yourself, try not to rush the process along (much easier said than done for me).

Hey, a lot of you Oct Bandsters haven't checked in in a while. I still need your support and encouragement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey three beauties. I was banded on the 12th. Seem to be doing well too. I have lost some weight, not puked or slimed yet (thank goodness) and have been feeling pretty good overall.

I have been working full time for a week. It was a little challenging. I bartend at night which is long time on the feet... so i was Wiped out the next day, I got really hungry since i was moving so much and burning calories i guess.

My only issue is drinking. I am so scared i am drinking too much. I am a Water nut. But i know it is good for me, i am just afraid that i am drinking too much to fast and i am going to pop that little bag they loosly call my stomach now :)

Hope you are doing well and adjusting to this too. Keep up the good work!

Well AF has left and she took her piunds with her.!!!! 4 lbs gone.. I feel better.. I have not seen these numbers in a long time.... a small win:scared: .. I also tried on a pair of jeans that I have not fit into in a while.. so I am also loosing inches...

Buckeye5.. yes I live just outside of Columbus..in Reynoldsburg.. Where do you live?? My daughter and I might go to Jeffersonville today to do some walking and be outside since it is nice... and maybe shop :biggrin1:

Hi everyone!! Got banded on the 25th and this is my 6th day. I am starting to get hungry. My tummy is growling. I've been drinking Slim Fast high Protein Shakes 2 - 3 x day and eating yogurt, pudding, broth, applesauce (only 3 x day). Any other suggestions? I am going to starve by the time I get my first fill. I still have another week before mushies! Thanks! Julz

Congratulations to everyone, you are all doing great!

QBanita75 are you feeling any better today, Is the hard area still there? Keep us posted if you call your Dr's office or find out what it was.

One more day until banding and I am looking forward to that bowel prep today :)

Kimberly,

thank you for your concern. I'm doing better today I think Its just that I laughed so much that's why it was hard. :nervous Although last night I had to drink the lortab lastnight. Thank you for your reply, and concern :clap2:

On better news MUSHIE food TODAY!!! :hungry: :clap2: I forgot this morning and i'm drinking my Optifast :mad:

>>>>oh ya what is a bowl prep?? I didn't have to do that. I did only blood work and that bad word that i had to drink that begins with "B" for an upper GI. YUCK:sick :sick :sick YUCK i hate barium

Try cream Soups, some of them are excellent. I have been putting cream of broccoli Soup in the blender with some very cooked broccoli so it is still smooth but a bit more substantial. Also try some creamy soup and toss is some grated parmesan cheese (not too much), Tomato is great this way.

Campbells Select in a carton are very good, I just had the butternut squash one and today will try the creamy portobello mushroom, yummy!

For me, it got better after the first week. I felt less hungry, not more. Hopefully, that will be the case for you as well. Good luck!

Hello everyone,

I am back at work and in front of my computer. I had my surgery on Thursday and feel great. I have had other surgeries so that probably helps. I don't have a spleen or a gallbladder so when I got into the surgery he only had to make 3 incisions. How cool is that?! That probably helps my rehab as well. I haven't had any shoulder pain like I expected from the gas. I do feel like I am starving all of the time, but I will get past that. I know some of it is just air moving around in my belly. I hope to experiment in the kitchen this afternoon and fix me up a few things to drink this week. I am wanting a smoothie too so I will probably work something up along that line too.

I am glad to hear everyone is doing well. I am so glad to have joined the "banded" side.

Take care.

Julestwu... How long have you been without a spleen? I went for the band in April and during my surgery my spleen got torn and it had to be removed.. to say the least the Dr did not feel comfortable putting the band in.. so I went back in October.. and was banded on October 12th.. my family was scared for me..because of infections and this and that.. But I decided to do the procedure for me.. they are not living with the weight I am .. I am aware of the signs of infections..

I ate a little today, half of a chicken strip breast boiled, and a little ¼ baby potato which it made my food weight 2.6 oz I got full. I’m having a hard time trying not to drink. I picked up the cup like 3 times but didn’t drink any. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Christine,

I have been without my spleen for about 3 years now. I have Spherocytocis (sp) which basically means my red blood cells are round. Literally round, not flat kind of like a frisbee. My spleen was being prejudice against them and I was having a vicious cycle going on. Anyway...... I haven't had any problems being without it. Maybe your doc will feel better about it after it has been a while for you without the spleen. I hope so for your sake, because I am so happy to finally be banded. I know this is what I needed to help me get the excess weight off of me.

If you have any questions that I might can answer, I will be more than happy to answer. Take care.

Glad you are doing better and on mushies! That is exciting. My bowel prep is drinking a lovely little bottle of Phos-pho-Soda (Oral Laxative):phanvan . I am at work now and have made 10+ bathroom trips. It is only recommended the afternoon before surgery. I go in for banding at 7am tomorrow. I also have been on the 10 day preop liquid diet (though not completely faithful to it the whole time).

Kimberly,

thank you for your concern. I'm doing better today I think Its just that I laughed so much that's why it was hard. :nervous Although last night I had to drink the lortab lastnight. Thank you for your reply, and concern :clap2:

On better news MUSHIE food TODAY!!! :hungry: :clap2: I forgot this morning and i'm drinking my Optifast :P

>>>>oh ya what is a bowl prep?? I didn't have to do that. I did only blood work and that bad word that i had to drink that begins with "B" for an upper GI. YUCK:sick :sick :sick YUCK i hate barium

I weighed myself Saturday at my friend's house....17 pounds gone forever babies! Woo Hoo!

Good luck to you Kimberly 150! I am sure everything will go well.

Hey everyone!

Just checking in with you all. Fun to hear how everyone is doing. I was banded on the 26th (thursday) and have felt just great. I went back to work today the 30th (monday) and had a terriffic day. (office job) The swelling is going down but the black and blue area is just so funny. My girls all had to laugh at "moms purple belly". I am eating creamed Soups, fat free or sugar free Jello and puddings and taking a Protein liquid supplement to make sure I get my Proteins during this time. I also am taking a high potency liquid Vitamin that tastes a bit like eating plants and things.. (ha) but I sure "feel" healthier than I have in a long time. My Blood Pressure has dropped and I am anxious to see what the past 4 weeks of shakes during pre-op and such has done for my Cholesterol.

I read a couple hints on St Vincents hospital site for lapbanders that I wanted to share...that I did not know or had not heard about before.

Maybe it will help someone out.

Quote:

St. Vincent's Medical Center in New York

• Avoid the use of all types of anti-inflammatory medications containing ibuprofen forever (i.e. Advil®, Nuprin®, Haltran®, Midol®, Motrin®, Aleve®, etc.) Contact the surgeon if any of these is absolutely necessary. These medications can cause ulcers, and also lead to the Lap-Band® erosion into the stomach.
  • Take Multivitamin and Calcium supplements every day, and check with your surgeon regarding B12 vitamins.
  • Always cut food into small nickel size pieces and chew food very well to prevent blockage. If food should stick in your throat, try a teaspoon of Adolph's meat Tenderizer® dissolved in a glass of warm Water, sipped slowly.

Have a great Happy Halloween everyone. :P