Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

It seems that everyone has a different type of diet they are following..before and after and I have to share...I found the best diet guide out on the net from the Institute for Advanced Bariatric Surgery, for After Lap-Band Surgery

http://www.lsaobesity.com/forms/lap-band/Lap_Band_diet_guide.doc

It covers everything and is close to what most of the Dr's have laid out for all of us. Well worth printing out...if you just are not sure where you are at in the days and weeks of eating with your new band.

Hope this helps someone out.....I know it sure did for me....

I made an egg drop Soup tonight...strained it and it was to DIE for. Never thought I could be so happy about a semi-thin soup. Tomorrow I get the creamy kind...but am gong to try to stick to low cal...that will be much of the trouble I think..most creamed things are going to be high in calories and carbs but they just want a person to get back into the eating of 3 meals as soon as possible. Then after we get our first fill...it is important to cut the carbs and the calories and exercise...UGH...I hate exercise....obviously. *ha*

Have a nice evening everyone!!!

:)

End of day 3

Banded Oct. 26th, 2006

No complications!

220/210/130

WOW, Thank you so much for that web site Getnheathy. I really appreciate you sharing. I was banded 10/4/06 and lost about 12# feel great, just started an exercise program and that is helping but I have a bigger appetite than I thought I would. Its strange to me first 2 weeks I had to make myself eat now I feel like eaing a whole sandwich. I need to call Dr on Monday as I hope nothing happened. Jules

You are so welcome dancing and Jodi-T. I found the best part of the plan was pages 15-17 ...as far as actually helping me understand what the diet layout should be for us counting down the weeks.

The rest was sure informational though.

That site has all sorts of information on it. You can go to... http://www.lsaobesity.com/ Sure helps one understand more about the whole deal...helped me in a big way to know more about it all together. I am so thankful to all of you who continue to write your experiences so that I can compare my feelings and things happening to me, to yours.

Good Night all!!!

GetnHealthy

thank you for that link :) I went to my first party after surgery and i brought my Water, broth, and Jello. I though it was goinng to be bad but it wasn't. I was proud of mysef I didn't want any chips and anything else that i would have wanted to munch at. YIPPY eile :) HAHAHA

How long between meals? I think I need to get on some kind of eating/drinking schedule. Has anyone put anything together.

Check out the link of the diet guide below...it might help...

I actually did a whole diet plan in my Excel program but when I found this..it was much easier. Pages 15-17 helped me out.

http://www.lsaobesity.com/forms/lap-...diet_guide.doc

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I am now 6 days out of surgery and feel great, but a bit weak after losing 35 lbs since starting the shakes. I think I am going to indulge in egg drop Soup today as well (strained). I already feel the difference in clothes, etc. I do not look at compliments from friends as something that can sabotage my weight loss. This device has certainly been a major will power booster. For all of you out there out there having anxiety about upcoming surgery, I say instead be anxious (eager) to get it done since my personal experience this past week has been all positive. Good Luck to the November Bandsters.

</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hi everyone! Is anyone having issues with their shoulder in pain? I was almost in tears the other day. I am taking 4 Gas X per day and am walking quite a bit. Is there anything y'all recommend? Thanks!

And I am still having issues with the ticker scale. Someone tried to help but I couldn't figure it out. And I am pretty computer literate! This is insane!!! I want my ticker scale!!! AAAHHHHHHH!!!!

namazj-- as far as the gas goes I found that gasx is fairly useless but what seems to work for me is walk walk walk, stretching also seems to help move it along. I hope this helps you. Good luck and walk it off.

jodi

namazj,

I myself am having pain in the left shoulder. I was banded on 10-26, and that was the first pain I felt when I awoke from surgery. It really doesnt make sense to have pain in your shoulder, when your surgery is on your belly. I also had a large hiatil hernia repaired (didnt know I even had one) so that may account for some of the soreness also. Hope your doing well, and some of your pain has subsided!

Nanette

Hello.. I have not posted in a while.. I was down on myself because I stopped loosing...well AF is here.. so We will see in a couple days..I am still on liquids.. I have to be on them for 3 weeks...and then 2 weeks mushies.. and then 1 week soft... I can not wait.. I can eat real food on Thanksgiving!!!!:clap2: ... But I will use a small plate and baby fork and spoon.. I went to my Dr for my 2 week check up and my incisions look good. I have lost some weight..but not like I wanted..My Dr is going to keep me off for 4 weeks.. I feel bad because some of you have gone back to work in 2 days.. my work said it was ok.. so I am going to take it.. time for me and time to spend with my kids.. I need to heal emotionally too.. not be stressed because I will when I get back to work...

I have been on liquids now for 2 weeks.. I have until Thursday till I go to mushies... Looking back it has not been too bad.. but when I look back the first week I did not think I was going to make it.. but so far I have

Hi Jodi and Nanette,

Thanks for the info - I'll walk a lot more today. Of course, the shoulder pain helps when I lie down, obviously. Nanette - they said before surgery you may have some shoulder pain due to not all of the air being released. It travels up. Just FYI. Otherwise, I would be freaking out by now. I also had a hernia repaired that I didn't know about. He said he did it complimentary since I am self pay! ha ha

I would also like the egg drop Soup recipe, please. Now, I am going to do my ticker scale. Wish me luck!