Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Ok, sorry guys for not posting sooner. Honestly, I haven't really felt very chatty. LOL

I had my surgery on 10/18. Everything went fine, stayed at the hospital until the afternoon of 10/19. I had to wait until I could pee. I kept feeling like I needed to, but I couldn't get the flow going. Then the nurse came in and said that if I didn't pee soon they were going to have to insert a catheter....I guess that scared the pee right outta me cuz I went shortly after that. LOL

The hospital was about 3 hrs from where I live, I slept almost the whole way home then slept most all evening at home. During the night I started getting uncomfortable and had to get up several times and move from bed to recliner, recliner to bed, etc. Friday I stayed home alone while kids were at school and hubby was at work. I did ok until about 8:00 Fri. night. I started aching all over, like in all my joint, etc. I was running temp. Only about 99.9, but I felt HORRIBLE! I had a mini breakdown at that point, crying etc. I was thinking what have I done to myself and maybe this was not such a great idea! Took some of the liquid Lortab (which has acetemeniphine in it) and promptly fell asleep. Woke up two hrs later laying in a pool of sweat. I guess the fever broke. I haven't run anymore fever since then. Had a hard time sleeping Fri night too. I am a stomach sleeper and couldn't get comfortable.

Sat. I felt like a brand new person! Took a shower, got dressed and DH took me to Wal-Mart. I walked most of the store, but about an hour in, he had to go get me one of those scooter thingys. I wasn't in a lot of pain, just very tired. Later that evening DH and the kids went to a haunted house with my bff's DH, while she and I stayed home with her 16 mo old. I actually slept very well on Sat. night.

Sunday, I felt even better! My parents came to visit from out of town and I endured my first restaraunt outing with the whole family. Mexican food...ugggh! I really wanted some cheese dip and enchiladas. But I did ok. I had brought my SF Jello with me and I munched on that. BTW...1/2 of one of those little containers fills me FULL! However, it doesn;t seem to last. in an hour or two my stomach is growling big time!

Luckily, I have had almost no gas pains. I have had something that my doctor says is probably a spasm in my diaphram left over from anesthesia. That has greatly improved though. I have some port incision pain and tenderness around that area. I was able to sleep on my side last night, so that is GREAT!

Well guys, sorry for the novel. I just felt like I had so much to catch you up on. Congrats to everyone else that was banded last week and good luck to everyone who had banding dates coming up this week!

PS: I'm not sure how much more weight I have lost because I haven't weighed since last Mon. My daughter is taking me to run errands today and I am going to my office to weigh and get my flu shot. I will update my ticker later on today.

Cootie,

I chose Dallas because I went to a informational meeting put on by the surgery center of Richardson. I was impressed with Dr. Benivedis experience, so I chose to do it in Dallas. But its scarry to think you are so far away from your dr. It seems nobody in New Mexico knows anything about the lap-band. even my primary care dr.

Nanette

Boy I am glad I am not the only one.. I was banded on 10/12 and I am to be on liquids fo 3 weeks and then 2 week of mushies... I have to go till next week till then.. I never thought mashed potatoes would be a luxuary.. I am getting tired of broth and sf jello.. I am ready for the next stage so I can get back to regular food. it will be soon.. After I eat a CIB(with added protein) I am not that hungry later.. like yesterday I had 2 CIB with Protein and then a SF Jello and water..that was it.. However today I am a little hungry I have sipped on broth for the past 2 hours.... However I think that AF is about to arrive:eek: .. I am not sure how those usually cravings (salt and sweets) are going to pass... or even chocolate :) ..

I have maintained my weight for the past 2 days.. I have not lost any .. I try to remain positive..and think that soon as AF gets here and leaves I will see a weight loss. I sure hope so I don't get discouraged.

Yay! I just found out the result of the camera pill...a duodenal ulcer (in the beginning of my small intestine). I'm starting on Prevacid to treat it for now. So I will be joining bandland for sure on Thursday!!! I'm so relieved! Thanks to everyone for being so supportive and sending good thoughts my way.

I was banded on 10/6/06. Down 14 pounds....still on mushies....getting a little old...but scared about the next phase and how I will handle it.

Yay! I just found out the result of the camera pill...a duodenal ulcer (in the beginning of my small intestine). I'm starting on Prevacid to treat it for now. So I will be joining bandland for sure on Thursday!!! I'm so relieved! Thanks to everyone for being so supportive and sending good thoughts my way.

Yay Jessica! So glad you got good news! You will be a bandster in no time now. Congrats!

Jessica,

I am getting banded on Thursday as well. Woo Hoo!!!! It is just right around the corner. I am ready to start healing and get on this journey.

Good Luck!!!!

Welcome back MsSmartyPantz! Glad to hear you're feeling better! Congrats on the 10 lbs!

Hello everyone....I got banded on 10/06/06. Am down 25# so far and feeling great. Have a bit of trouble with the port incision...supposedly normal. Am on liquids and yoghurt and soft fruit now. Was a relief to get off total liquids. No problems with hunger, though. Am TOTALLY happy to have had the surgery and be feeling so good.:)

Jdru so happy for you. I am sure that was horrible waiting for the results.

Everyone else.. Yay!! We are all doing so good.