Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crossing The Border!

I applied for my passport card on 8/21 & received my passport card 9/4. Super fast. When I applied at my small local post office they told me plan on 6 weeks but had heard of people getting them back within a few weeks. I planned my date for the end of October to save my anxiety from going into overdrive if I was pushed for time getting my card back.

Hmmm-I'm gettin sleeved in TJ on the 14th & I was told by the company I went thru that a passport was a must-I didn't have one, but it only took 2.5 wks to get it...funny how some agencies say u have to & others say no...

Hmmm-I'm gettin sleeved in TJ on the 14th & I was told by the company I went thru that a passport was a must-I didn't have one' date=' but it only took 2.5 wks to get it...funny how some agencies say u have to & others say no...[/quote']

I am getting sleeved in tj on the 14th with Dr Lopez how in your Dr ?

Wow @Susiebaby I am getting it done on the 26th as well I am going to Dr Sergio Quinones. Who's doing yours??

Well thats a relief, just so upset that we spent over $200ea for a passport we may not even need and all the stress and crying over it. I'm not going to stress over it anymore, if we get it in time great, if not, we will drive an hour to pick up another certified birth certificate the day before and just take as much paperwork as we can.

Well thats a relief' date=' just so upset that we spent over 200ea for a passport we may not even need and all the stress and crying over it. I'm not going to stress over it anymore, if we get it in time great, if not, we will drive an hour to pick up another certified birth certificate the day before and just take as much paperwork as we can.[/quote']

We are in the very same boat I leave on the sept 13.

@ ms Johnson for life I'm going to see dr Ponce Deleon!! I'm so excited!! So ready to live again!! Find a man too lol!!

I am getting sleeved in tj on the 14th with Dr Lopez how in your Dr ?

My Dr is verboonen @ the Obesity Goodbye Center-I just got the best vibe from him & the agency I am lookin fwd to the 14th!!

Are u stayin anywhere after surgery for a nite or 2?

My Dr is verboonen @ the Obesity Goodbye Center-I just got the best vibe from him & the agency I am lookin fwd to the 14th!!

Are u stayin anywhere after surgery for a nite or 2?

Yes 2 days in the hospital and 3 days at the Marriott I am from west Virginia we are flying in on thursday the 13.

Getting sleeved on the 20th by dr verboonen at obesity goodbye center (wow,I like the sound of that) , so u guys will have to tell me how things went and what to look forward to. I'm so anxious! I start my liquid diet Monday, just went out tonight and picked up some Protein Shakes to get started with. I'm gonna try to go ahead and start slowing it down over the weekend so I don't go into complete shock, lol. My problem has never been eating at work, half the time I don't eat Breakfast and lunch which may hurt me even worse but I pig out when I get home, while cooking I snack heavily and then eat a full meal and go find a place to lay down. I can't wait to have the energy to exercise or be active with my kids. I'm pooped by the time I get home and I get irritable if I know I have to keep going when I get off work. I have a 10 day liquid diet so if anyone has any creative ways to make it through. I don't think I will have a problem but then again you never know until you get into it. Just not sure what to expect. Do you get sick or nauseated, what about headaches from not eating or hunger pains? Just curious, not complaining or whining by I am ready to do this, just want to be prepared.

Yes 2 days in the hospital and 3 days at the Marriott I am from west Virginia we are flying in on thursday the 13.

I'm flyin in the same day as my surgery!! Lol, NPO from 12am the nite b4-hopefully surgery won't b late eve..Nursegirl, another girl on here & I will both b stayin @ the Lucerna @ the same time...not sure how far the Mariott is-we'll have to fig that out, we can all go 'jogging' together after surgery ;)

Getting sleeved on the 20th by dr verboonen at obesity goodbye center (wow' date='I like the sound of that) , so u guys will have to tell me how things went and what to look forward to. I'm so anxious! I start my liquid diet Monday, just went out tonight and picked up some Protein shakes to get started with. I'm gonna try to go ahead and start slowing it down over the weekend so I don't go into complete shock, lol. My problem has never been eating at work, half the time I don't eat breakfast and lunch which may hurt me even worse but I pig out when I get home, while cooking I snack heavily and then eat a full meal and go find a place to lay down. I can't wait to have the energy to exercise or be active with my kids. I'm pooped by the time I get home and I get irritable if I know I have to keep going when I get off work. I have a 10 day liquid diet so if anyone has any creative ways to make it through. I don't think I will have a problem but then again you never know until you get into it. Just not sure what to expect. Do you get sick or nauseated, what about headaches from not eating or hunger pains? Just curious, not complaining or whining by I am ready to do this, just want to be prepared.[/quote']

I had 7 days of liquid and a salad now I start my liquid starting Monday for 3 days surgery on the 14th and I just got a email my passport was mailed the 7th hope I get it maybe you will get yours good luck.

Getting sleeved on the 20th by dr verboonen at obesity goodbye center (wow' date='I like the sound of that) , so u guys will have to tell me how things went and what to look forward to. I'm so anxious! I start my liquid diet Monday, just went out tonight and picked up some Protein shakes to get started with. I'm gonna try to go ahead and start slowing it down over the weekend so I don't go into complete shock, lol. My problem has never been eating at work, half the time I don't eat breakfast and lunch which may hurt me even worse but I pig out when I get home, while cooking I snack heavily and then eat a full meal and go find a place to lay down. I can't wait to have the energy to exercise or be active with my kids. I'm pooped by the time I get home and I get irritable if I know I have to keep going when I get off work. I have a 10 day liquid diet so if anyone has any creative ways to make it through. I don't think I will have a problem but then again you never know until you get into it. Just not sure what to expect. Do you get sick or nauseated, what about headaches from not eating or hunger pains? Just curious, not complaining or whining by I am ready to do this, just want to be prepared.[/quote']

Yea, I was to do a 10 day-but I made myself do a 14 day...if Dr V wants my liver shrunk-I want it invisible!! Just when u start-have a Protein shake for bfast-I'm not a bfast Water AT ALL-but it dd help with hunger & I didn't get any headaches...I work 12's & 16's hour shifts do I always had to pack shakes or broth cause if b ravenous by the time I got home...it hasn't been bad, I just keep my eye on the prize...

Although ur choices r limited-I'm sick of sf Jello...I'm pushin thru...eat to live, not live to eat...I'll let u kno how it goes!! Super-psyched right now :)

Also, don't forget to add an international txt'n plan to ur cell for the trip-I never thought of that...big tks to Nursegirl for that info!!

I'm flyin in the same day as my surgery!! Lol' date=' NPO from 12am the nite b4-hopefully surgery won't b late eve..Nursegirl, another girl on here & I will both b stayin @ the Lucerna @ the same time...not sure how far the Mariott is-we'll have to fig that out, we can all go 'jogging' together after surgery ;)[/quote']

That sounds like a plan lol

I applied for my passport and it took exactly 3 weeks to get it in the mail.. I have also heard many people say they went back n forth across the border with just a DL and birth certificate but I didn't want to take a chance LOL

and yep I'm the one having surgery next Friday the 14th in TJ with Dr Ponce! can't WAIT!! SoReady219 and I are gonna be at the hotel at the same time so we're gonna have a sip-a-thon hahaha