Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This isn't a stop smoking forum, your right. But I'm not answering your question. Also everyone got this tool to be healthy and yea you didn't sign up to quit smoking, but why sign up to get healthy with your weight issues when your simply just aren't healthy from smoking? Anyway, point is you can do as you please and hat your body what's, but this is just my input on smoking after surgery.

No this isn’t my question I wouldn’t ask a question about smoking I spoke to my consultants about it and I have all the info with no scaremongering about it so I am good thanks.

I am not bashing op at all just reading several smoking threads it gets annoying and builds up till i feel the need to say something.its no wonder people freak out when they smoke given what they read being told they wont heal and get ulcers it’s the same with coffee drinkers they all post and freak out when they drink it or want too.

Not everyone cheats no I know this but drinking isn’t healthy either no one bashes people for that but smokers oh my god!

Telling someone they should second guess having the surgery because they smoked a cigarette is really bad in my opinion telling them basically they shouldn’t have bothered to get it if they smoke disgusts me frankly.

This isn’t the only thread things like this have been said to smokers and no one says anything about it the smoker/s back down and say yes yes you are right well no no you are not!

You can say you don’t agree in a nicer way without chastising the person and saying they never should have got the op its belittling in my honest opinion.

This is a weightloss tool let people deal with that/ get a handle on that and how we eat and drink now before they choose to stop doing other things.

This is a hard enough process as it is there is no need to make people feel guilty/bad whatever for things they do.

I feel the same way when people post nasty comments to others who eat or drink something they shouldn’t, there is no need to judge people to that degree.

That just sucks that you feel disgusted about my opinion. I have no shame or feel guilty in what I said. It pretty much is the truth! But it's not my fault others aren't bashing on other people who are cheating on their diet or drinking. It just so happens I haven't gone across those forums. I think it just sucks that you have to defend yourself this much when its simply just my opinion, shouldn't bother you so much.

Good glad you feel perfectly ok laying guilt on someone for making a life changing decision and telling them that they shouldn’t have bothered and for saying more people should bash others for slip ups or mistakes it speaks volumes to me.

I have no personal guilt and you trying to lay some on me won’t work but thanks anyway!

I was defending others who most of the time won’t speak up.

Maybe you do have guilt as you are defending your posts just as much as you say I am.

Either way I wasn’t only talking to you.

In any case I am not getting into a massive argument over it I have said all I have to say take what you want from it what you will.

I am off to smoke a cigarette, have a good evening!

I'm 3 wks post op and still smoking 10 cigs a day.... I have tried so hard to quit but when I do all I want to do is graze eat. So for now I'll smoke and as soon as I can get this eating and working out thing AND my emotional struggles with this surgery under control I will try to quit again. I can only handle one thing at a time. I am only human. But I am glad to hear that I shouldn't fall over dead from smoking post op. As much as I am afraid to die, you can see that I am also terribly addicted to smoking. I acknowledge this and I know that is the first step to stopping. I am also tired of seeing people bash others for something they are struggling with. We are all different people with different emotional and physical battles.

I totally understand, I quit about 5 years ago because I was getting bronchitis and pneumonia all the time and quitting was so hard and I didn't have anything else going on in my life like major surgery and life change. It was hard, hard but I did succeed and my lungs got better, thank goodness. I have faith you'll be able to do it when you are ready. Just always remind yourself you're strong enough and you can do it, if needed.

For all the smokers out there I am gonna say something on our behalf.

We the bad bad naughty smokers bite our tongues on this subject a lot never daring to say they still do because we get told off any time its brought up or we admit we smoke still.

We get told we never should have got the op if we are just gonna keep on smoking.

Well to be frank its utterly annoying to constantly hear!

People cheat all the time on the new healthy life people keep going on about and bashing smokers with.

they drink coffee/tea/soda eat candy/ice cream/chips/fast food/slider food' date=' they don’t work out they don’t take meds they drink alcohol and the list goes on and on!

But everyone comes down on smokers like we are the antichrist for daring to not give up or if they do for picking the habit back up.

I didn’t have my sleeve to stop smoking I had my sleeve for my weight problems that were effecting my health, it has nothing to do with me smoking my sleeve was not because I wanted to become a vegan health nut who was a purest and only lived a green healthy life.

I had my sleeve like pretty much everyone else as a tool for weightloss.

I was never told to stop and still aint now.

You don’t know a persons smoking habits it could be 1 a day or 500 you take in more crap form car pollution a day than you do if you smoked 1 cigarette a day so anyone jogging out there in the road suck up a nice lung full of smog while you do it.

I smoke roughly 20 a day out of anyone’s interest with an extra filter tip I add on and the lightest you can smoke 1mg of tar 0.1mg of nicotine and 1mg carbon monoxide in each cigarette.

Yes I am annoyed and no I am not feeling guilt for smoking if I did I would never post I do smoke I am actually smoking while I type this!

I am annoyed the smokers are jumped on by everyone but other smokers (and I don’t mean ex smokers) and spoken to how they are some times by some people.

This isn’t a quit smoking forum or an antismoking forum give it a rest![/quote']

A pack a day at $8.00=$5696 over 2 years. That will make a huge dent in some plastic surgery!! Just saying.

For all the smokers out there I am gonna say something on our behalf.

We the bad bad naughty smokers bite our tongues on this subject a lot never daring to say they still do because we get told off any time its brought up or we admit we smoke still.

We get told we never should have got the op if we are just gonna keep on smoking.

Well to be frank its utterly annoying to constantly hear!

People cheat all the time on the new healthy life people keep going on about and bashing smokers with.

they drink coffee/tea/soda eat candy/ice cream/chips/fast food/slider food' date=' they don’t work out they don’t take meds they drink alcohol and the list goes on and on!

But everyone comes down on smokers like we are the antichrist for daring to not give up or if they do for picking the habit back up.

I didn’t have my sleeve to stop smoking I had my sleeve for my weight problems that were effecting my health, it has nothing to do with me smoking my sleeve was not because I wanted to become a vegan health nut who was a purest and only lived a green healthy life.

I had my sleeve like pretty much everyone else as a tool for weightloss.

I was never told to stop and still aint now.

You don’t know a persons smoking habits it could be 1 a day or 500 you take in more crap form car pollution a day than you do if you smoked 1 cigarette a day so anyone jogging out there in the road suck up a nice lung full of smog while you do it.

I smoke roughly 20 a day out of anyone’s interest with an extra filter tip I add on and the lightest you can smoke 1mg of tar 0.1mg of nicotine and 1mg carbon monoxide in each cigarette.

Yes I am annoyed and no I am not feeling guilt for smoking if I did I would never post I do smoke I am actually smoking while I type this!

I am annoyed the smokers are jumped on by everyone but other smokers (and I don’t mean ex smokers) and spoken to how they are some times by some people.

This isn’t a quit smoking forum or an antismoking forum give it a rest![/quote']

You go girl! Thanks for saying what was in my head. I lost over 15 friends and family through the years due to cancer, none of them were smokers except 3 of them, I'm tired of hearing smoking causes cancer, what happens when your diagnosed with Lung cancer and you never smoked a day in your life ? What is the blame? There isn't anything! So if you do smoke and get cancer , smoking is what's to blame? It just doesn't make sense !!

A pack a day at $8.00=$5696 over 2 years. That will make a huge dent in some plastic surgery!! Just saying.

Ex smoker here and have one on occasion still. $8!!!??? I can't even imagine. Where do you buy them? Maybe cause I'm from Ky,,tobacco is a major cash crop here so you can get a pack for under $4.lol

I quit 2 months ago because I dont want to get ulcers, thats what my NUT said. BUT I used to roll my own, I bought the rolling machine, the tubes and the tobacco and the cost was approx. 2 bucks a pack. I'm still craving them, but am scared to have one for fear of not healing well and getting ulcers and letting people down. So here I sit buttless!!

Ex smoker here and have one on occasion still. 8!!!??? I can't even imagine. Where do you buy them? Maybe cause I'm from Ky' date=',tobacco is a major cash crop here so you can get a pack for under 4.lol[/quote']

8.00 is average in NJ. Anywhere in NY they are 10.00 all day everyday! Wanna bootleg u send em I sell em lol. I'm an ex smoker too

Ex smoker here and have one on occasion still. $8!!!??? I can't even imagine. Where do you buy them? Maybe cause I'm from Ky,,tobacco is a major cash crop here so you can get a pack for under $4.lol

Those low prices are def because you are in KY. I worked in Louisville for 9 months several years ago and smoked more than ever due to the cheap prices. LOL. When it was time to return home, purchased several cartons to bring back because I knew those prices would never be seen again!

I used an e-cig to quit after smoking for 15 years. I am proud to say I am smoke free - I had a couple puffs here and there before the surgery but can't even think of having one now. Try green smoke e cig they give you a full refund within 30 days if it doesn't work for you. my doc wouldn't do surgery unless I quit either. I am so glad I quit!

My doctor would not schedule my surgery unless I quit. I had to have 2 urine tests' date=' one 2 weeks after I quit and another a few weeks ago.my surgery is Tuesday. I would be a fool to a start up again as it is I don't like the noises I hear come from my lungs without smoking. If you can manage to quit I think you would be glad. I used chantix[/quote']

Good job!!! Great life choices :)