Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

I'm 36 and I have four young children. I'm currently 237 last I checked. I'm so nervous about starting the liquid diet which starts tomorrow for two wks. My surgery date is Sept 12th.

I'm 31 and mom to three kids: 6,5,2. My start weight was 325 but I'm now At 302. I have one dietitian visit left on sept 11 and then she will submit and hopefully get the approval and be able to schedule me. She said the surgeon is in the hospital on 10/15/12 so. I'm hopeful that will be my date! I'm actually having a duodenal switch (DS) but there isn't a specific board for that, so here I am. Doctoring at Abbott northwestern in Minneapolis, mn with dr. Leslie. For pre op diet, I was required to lose over 15 lbs and then do liquids for 2 days prior to surgery. We are planning a family vaca to Disney early next year and I'm looking forward to fitting on an airplane seat! What things are you looking forward to doing that you haven't been able to do for a long time or ever?

Hi! I'm SweetTee a 37 year old married mother of four(17,16,8,6). I am a Registered Nurse and a full time Family Nurse Practitioner Student residing in Louisiana. I am scheduled for VSG with Dr Garcia at Mi hospital on October 9, 2012. I am 5'1 at 232 lbs...well actually 226 now. I have started a pre op-pre op diet and managed to lose five lbs. I've been overweight for far to long and I am ready to claim my life back from obesity! I never noticed I no longer had cheek bones and chin bones until I started looking at the before and after pictures of others! WTH, I've been in serious denial of my addiction to food! Can't wait to start a new journey. I'm nervous but ready!

Well today is my first day of the liquid diet, the Protein Shake is so nasty. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it. I just want to hurry home and go to sleep. I pray I make it thru this day. I keep telling myself this is very important and I can do it. Any recommendations on Protein Shakes that don't have the after taste?

Well today is my first day of the liquid diet' date=' the Protein Shake is so nasty. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it. I just want to hurry home and go to sleep. I pray I make it thru this day. I keep telling myself this is very important and I can do it. Any recommendations on Protein Shakes that don't have the after taste?[/quote']

Premier rtd shakes at costco rock.

Sent from my UBER SMART PHONE using VST

Natava - you couldn't have quoted my thoughts & feelings any better than if I had spoken them aloud myself. I just met with my pych for the first time yesterday & she really helped calm my fears & gave me things to think about when I'm getting nervous. She had the surgery a couple of years ago so she really speaks from experience.

Kolerz219 - we're almost sleeve twins - you're just 2 weeks ahead of me! I'm 42' date=' starting pre-op diet on Sept 30, sleeve date is Oct 15, starting @ 249.[/quote']

October 15th here too!!!

29 year old nurse in NJ October 15th !!! Excited and scares at the same time. Have been obese as long as I can remember! Can't wait to finally go through with this surgery!

Hello October sleevers and all sleevers. My name is neenee and my sleeve date is October 16th ...good luck and let's. Motivate eachother as we start our new lives...

Hello Susan' date=' sorry to hear about your friend not understanding..... my advice would be to give her some time.... maybe even show her your research on the sleeve to get a better understanding. Some people are just better seeing for themselves rather than word of mouth. Hope everything gets better for you, hold your chin up and stay on course..... you have made the right decision for yourself[/quote']

Tfazio - thanks for the kind words. You're right about maybe showing her the research so she'll have a better understanding. I'll try that route.

You're welcome ! Any time you need to talk or vent just hit me up..... been told I'm a good listner. Hope things go well for you and nothing but success on your journey to a more healthier you.

Completely understand. I told a friend too and she said a lot of the same thing as your friend. They just don't realize how that makes someone feel. It made me feel like a failure because I couldn't do it after years of trying. I was able to quit smoking after 14 years cold turkey but I don't have that kind of will power when it comes to weight loss. Every year it gets harder and I can't afford to wait until it is too late. After my conversation with my friend, I decided not to tell anyone except for my husband and kids. They give me all the support I need. Even if they didn't support my choice, I know this is right for me. Stay strong. You deserve to be healthy, it shouldn't matter to your friend which route you take as long as you get there.

Thanks for the kind words. I agree that I did feel like a bit of a failure when she emphasized eat smaller portions & exercise and STICK TO IT. Well believe me, if I could stick to it I'd be thin & healthy by now! Anyway, she doesn't like needles or doctors so I'm sure willingly putting myself through this major surgery just creeps her out :-). She'll come around. It's just something different she's never considered so she's just giving her knee-jerk reaction. Any one of my other friends that I've told (only 3-4) have been excited and supportive. And those girls have had life-long weight struggles, too. I guess a positive thing about my discussion with my BFF was that she did eventually say: "maybe I should tell my sister about this. She's always complaining about her legs & joints hurting because of her weight.".

Hi! I'm an October Sleever. My surgery date is October 29th. I'm 43 yrs old, 44 on October 8th. I am 5'10 352lbs. I am both excited about my new journey and nervous. However, I've never been so sure of my decision to have this surgery. This surgery will be the best birthday gift of my life. I am so happy to have found this forum -- it's wonderful. By the way, I can't wait to take a picture of myself and not crop out my body! :-)

sep 1st!! I am soooo excited today!!! Oct 2nd will be here in no time. In my 40 years I have went from size 24 to 16 then 18 to 10 then 22 to 12 and 18 to 12. I am sooooo looking forward to this tool to keep it off!!!! The count down begins!!!! YAY!!!!!