Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Weigh Yourself Naked Or Clothed?

How do you weigh yourself?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you weigh yourself?

• I weigh myself naked
    • I weigh myself clothed
    • I weigh myself both ways and split the difference

Hello everyone,

I would like to know what you do! When i go the the doctor, i'm clothed and always weigh about 3 to 4 lbs more than i do naked at home! I have decided to save myself the disappointment and just weigh myself fully clothed (without shoes of course).

What does everyone else do?

i weigh with and without clothes, and on doc appt day, i make note of the weight with clothes and compare my home scales to the doc scales. doc's office is always a few lbs heavier than mine...so i like mine better. by the time i get nekkid, i am ten lbs lighter than the doc's scales...lol..not really, but usually about 5-6 lbs difference on doc scales with clothes vs. my scales no clothes

I weigh myself naked at home at the same time each day and preferably the same day once a week (at most). If I notice a gain of a pound or so at "that time of the month", I disregard that and don't weigh myself until after my cycle has finished. I don't like to set myself up for disappointment if it can possibly be helped and I stay realistic. A woman's body often retains Water at different times during the month and a fluctuation during the month isn't unusual.

When I weigh for the doctor, I completely disregard his/her reading because the one at home is the one I weigh on consistently and that's the one I go by. My scale is digital and calibrates with each use so I feel it's fairly accurate. Also, for some strange reason my doctor keeps his scale on carpet which can make a scale inaccurate.

Naked, after I go to the bathroom, every morning.

My gyno is o.k. with not weighing - patients have a choice - and I like that - I'm less likely to postpone my checkuup or a visit when I don't have to get weighed.

Jack, I tell you what, you always make my day when I read your posts. I usually get a kick out of them and if not a kick, I love have smart and knowledgable you are.

I weight myself naked as naked can be. I had my monthly appointment with my surgeon this week. At home, I weigh naked and first thing in the morning. At his office I was fully clothed and it was mid afternoon and I had ate twice. His scale showed 3 pounds more than mine. I'll stick with what my scale says.

i weigh myself before and after going to the bathroom, before and after I eat and dressed and undressed.

I've bought more scales that most people own in a lifetime. Sometimes I even take the scale on vacation with me. No scale = eating out of control and big weight gain. This of course will change once I am banded in 8 DAYS.

:hail: :funscale:

Totally naked first thing in the morning. One thing as a man doing it naked first thing you have to move other body parts as you wake up at attention..lol

If I had a scale I would.....Seminole I just read your message after I typed mine.....bad boy....down boy...I guess those 71 pounds are making things more visible...

Terisita,

Everything is more visisble and appears to be getting bigger in some places and it seems to be getting a good reception from all...

I am looking at the calendar figuring when I should go and get my next fill. Maybe to the states in 3 weeks...If I do not lose 2 more pounds by the end of next week I will go the first week in October....

Butt nekkid after my morning tinkle, and ideally about 2 hours after waking up (but most of the time we're already out of the house w/in 2 hours of waking up). For some reason in the first two hours that I'm awake, I can weigh up to 4 lbs less than when I first woke up.