Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas For Puree Stage?

If you haven't been to a restaurant' date=' GO and order some of their Soup. Vegetable, vegetable beef, chicken, I even got chicken tortilla soup at a TexMex joint here in Dallas. (Panera bread has great chicken noodle) Of course you can only have the broth, but it is soooooo good. It was like heaven, I was sick of Campbell's!! It's also nice to get out in a social setting, in a restaurant with folks around.[/quote']

That sounds like a great idea. So where exactly is this restaraunt located at in Dallas? Im always looking for new places to try...

I loved sugar free Jello with a little sugar free cool whip. Come to find out' date=' I don't think I should have had the SF cool whip until full liquid stage, but it didn't hurt me and made it seem like i was practically having something naughty. Jello had no nutritional value, but it counted as liquid, a little of it anyway. :) Lime was my favorite![/quote']

Im not a big fan of either( im a big texture type person so if it feels funny in my mouth i cant eat it :-\) but i think with ghis new journey in my life i need to really get past that and try new things because its all about being healthy and making the right decisions.

Crackers are probably a no no. When you can have them' date=' my dietitian recommended Special K crackers. They're good and I eat them instead of bread, with my tuna salad.[/quote']

I thought so i know i knew i hadnt seen too many ppl say they ate craclers during the pureed stage. I love special k crackers and cant wait to be able to have some here and there again.

I can't. I'm almost 3 weeks out and can only have Soup (not creamy or chunky)' date=' cottage cheese, eggs, Greek yogurt, tofu...I think that's it. I think next week I can start tuna, chicken, and egg salad but I'm sure they'll tell me no to any crackers.[/quote']

Yeah thats sounds like my list that was given to me. I was 3 weeks out yesterday. How are you holding up? I think ive finally hit the "i hate food" stage. Eating is such a chore and so exhausting to me. Do you feel this way? Also for some reason after eating just a lil bit of any food i start feeling flushed and hot. It wasnt like that with Soups but i started on pureed stage thats when it began.

These things are on the 'mushy' stage' date=' aren't they? This doesn't sound like my liquid or puree stage.[/quote']

It depends on your Dr. I'm on purees now and I can have egg, chicken, tuna salads as long as I puree the to dip consistancy.

Hi I'm new here and I was sleeved 8/16... I'm on full liquid and after about four SIPS I start feeling flushed and sweaty too .... Makes me worried .... I'm afraid of dehydration esp cause my urine is very dark and I only go like 2 times a day ....., I have my post op appt fri so I'm going to talk to my surgeon then :)

Hi I'm new here and I was sleeved 8/16... I'm on full liquid and after about four SIPS I start feeling flushed and sweaty too .... Makes me worried .... I'm afraid of dehydration esp cause my urine is very dark and I only go like 2 times a day .....' date=' I have my post op appt fri so I'm going to talk to my surgeon then :)[/quote']

Hi! Welcome to your new life!Definitely talk to your surgeon so you can have reassurance but i went through the same thing i could hardly get down 12ozs of liquid in the whole day. I went to my one week follow up and my docter reassured me it would get better and sure enough from one day to the next i was able to go from not even 12ozs a day to about 64ozs. I admit after a few days of getting all my liquids in ive slipped up and havent been getting it all in like i should. I too hardly have to go to rr just a few times a day ( nothing like before) but i also havent seen any signs of beibg dehydrated. Hope it gets better for you soon just know that it will ;-)