Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No weight loss third week

The third week since surgery is halfway over. I'm just about completely healed, which is great. I am able to eat regular foods and I get full after eating half as much. So the band is working great.

So why does the weight loss seem to be stopping?

8 pounds in two in a half weeks is not too shabby. I didn't lose quickly at all until i started getting fills and hit my sweet spot. Don't get discouraged! The weight will be falling off in no time!

Beause you're retaining Water. Because you need to poop. Because You have lots of change in your pockets. Who knows? You will not lose weight constantly until you hit goal. It will speed up, slow down, stop, go fast, go backward, flip-flop, laugh at you, laugh at me, etc. The body just cannot sustain constant loss without taking some time to readjust. Weeks 3 - 6, especially on any diet that is low in carbs, is typically the "honeymoon's over" phase where the constant and amazing weightloss stops and more realisitc patterns begin to come out.

Have you been taking your measurements? Sometimes, you may not necessarily see a loss on the scale, but you may see a loss in inches.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Sometimes in my business, when I get a lull in leads for new clients I begin to panic and think my business is going under. But then I started getting calls and new clients and I think myself silly for my prior panic. Its just the inexplicable ebb and flow of business. I guess weight loss is the same way.

You'll have times where your body is failing to loose the weight. Sometimes it is a day, week or month. Keep on sticking to your plan. It will come off. The first 6 weeks are for healing and losing is a bonus. Many lose their restriction over time. That's when it's time for a fill.

Take care. Shawn

Have you been taking your measurements? Sometimes, you may not necessarily see a loss on the scale, but you may see a loss in inches.

I think this is a great idea. I am at the end of the month of August so when viewing and sharing with my August bandsters they were all complaining of this at about 3 weeks as well before I even had my surgery. Someone suggested measuring there as well. I did it right away so I have pre-surgery measurements. I have lost more inches than weight since surgery day. I can't explain it, however it has greatly helped me in seeing results. I am results oriented too, so I know exactly how you feel when the scale doesn't move.

One of the other things that has helped me is......I look through the "before and after pictures". It helps me to see the successes of others so that I can be inspired by that since I don't have my own experiences to inspire me as much just yet.

Another idea to help you accept the ebb and flow of weight loss is to track your weight on something like www.fitday.com. When I was a baby bandster, this helped me see patterns. I noticed that I would stay at the same weight for a while, once it was even 2 months! Then I would gain a couple of pounds, then start losing again. Each person's pattern is different. Make it an adventure to find out what your pattern is, and it might not seem so scary!

Today marks the end of week three. I stepped on the scale this morning after using the bathroom. 209.6. I waited a bit, used the bathroom again. 208.6. Hmm. I don't think I excreted a whole pound that second time. We'll compromise on 209. That's a loss of 0.4 since last week. A bit disappointing, but as you all tell me, right now its about healing. I'm certainly eating more now than I did the first two weeks, so I suppose its not a surprise that I lost so little, but I just couldn't stay on liquids and mushies! I think I'll focus on maybe maintaining weight or losing just a little bit between now and my first fill.

I've been thinking about going back on Jenny Craig. Maybe the combination of the band and Jenny will give me more success than I could have gotten with either one alone.

Well sweetie you havent been filled yet....it will be slow until your first fill......take your time...this is the beginning of the rest of your life..lol..your lapband life......before you know it..the weight will be coming off.....Good luck to ya

i am almost 4 weeks out from surgery.......... lost 8lbs before surgery, then 9 one week post op, but only 3 lbs in the last 3 WEEKS. so so slow.......i am consuming less than 900 calories a day and eating 1/2 cup to 1 cup of food....... i am down 20 lbs, but the last few weeks, i have only lost a lb a week....... that is pretty frustrating! i had completely stopped my Protein Drinks, bars, etc..... but as of yesterday started them again because i read somewhere that if you don't have high Protein intake your weight loss will be slow.......... i'm trying that and will let you know if it helps!