Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I confess:

• I had my blood work for my 1 year appointment today, and I lied about fasting. I'd had coffee and a Protein Shake. I'm not sure why I had to fast in the first place and didn't realize it until it was too late.
  • I'm worried I won't have a weight loss to show when I go for my 1 year appointment later this month -- it has been May since I've lost any weight.
  • I think my sleeve has helped me lose all the weight I am going to lose. If I lose more, it will be because I stick to the plan as far as eating and exercising. I will not lose more without exercise.
  • I have a hard time determining my portion sizes when eating food I make at home. I think this might be a place where I can improve my diet, so I've bought smaller dishes (4 ounce sizes) and a digital food scale to help me get more accurate calorie counts for home cooked food.
  • I need to quit drinking alcohol. A frozen margarita sounds SO good on a hot summer day. I can easily pass up a 100 calorie snack, but it is harder to pass on an alcoholic drink. I think knowing the actual calories will make it easier to turn it down. When I learned those frozen premade margaritas have 300 calories, they lost their appeal. :) It is shocking that one drink can be a third to a half of the calorie count of my normal intake.
  • I feel like my belly is getting bigger although my weight hasn't changed. I'm afraid to measure in case I'm right.
  • I love it when someone asks me what my pant size or weight is, and they get this shocked look when they realize I am now smaller or the same size as they are...

I confess:

I gained weight on my pre-op diet and had to wait another month for my surgery date.

I thought it was silly to have a requirement of weight loss before having the surgery.

On the way home from the hospital I was sad because I missed my best friend food and felt stupid for having done this to my body.

I felt as though I didn't have anything to look forward to any more on the way home from the hospital.

It is hard to believe I have gone a week without Food and even harder to believe I have another week before I can start eating one 3oz serving of Protein a day.

Against Dr. orders to not bend down and not to pick up anything over 20 pounds I bend down to pick up 2 of my dogs and carry them upstairs because one is too old to go up on his own and the other one is afraid to go upstairs. They won't let my husband pick them up or carry them.

I'm amazed at how fast my weight is dropping off and how much energy I am gaining.

Whereas before I envied people who had their whole stomach and could eat whatever they want, I now feel sorry for those people that do not have such a wonderful tool to keep them from over eating.

I confess that I fear I've lost my chance at ever having a child because I allowed myself to be this fat for this long.

I confess that not having children breaks my heart, despite always saying that I didn't really want have kids.

Girl, you cut to my heart with this one! lol Growing up I always wanted multiple children but as I got older and realized how much work and energy goes into it I knew I couldn't handle it. I barely have enough energy to take care of myself. Furthermore, I knew at my (old) weight it would not be healthy to carry a child. The past few years I started telling everyone I didn't want kids. I think I started to believe it. Now I don't know what I want or believe but I'm letting the idea creep back into my head a little bit. It's scary, I know.

I confess that I've hardly exercised since my surgery.

I confess that I don't drink enough Water every day.

I confess that I drink beer a LOT.

I confess that I graze on some days.

I confess that I eat rice and bread sometimes.

I confess that I drink caffeinated coffee every morning.

I confess that I enjoy the attention I get from women now, even though I have a girlfriend.

I confess that it's been over a year since surgery and I've lost 120 lbs and I'm maintaining it while eating like a normal person! Waaaaaahh HOOOOOO!!!!!

I confess that I use a straw frequently

I walk to work and home every day, but don't really get the right exercise

I eat chocolate, cookes and cake in small, small quantities a few times per week

I drink caffeinated coffee when I need it

I make my Water and Protein reps about 90 percent of the timed

I made myself sick eating macaroni and cheese and Mexican food

I am challenged everyday to make smart choices

Crap doses go in way easier than I though ..just not as much

This was the best thing I ever did. Down 55 lbs and loving it

I confess:

• I had my blood work for my 1 year appointment today, and I lied about fasting. I'd had coffee and a Protein Shake. I'm not sure why I had to fast in the first place and didn't realize it until it was too late.
  • I'm worried I won't have a weight loss to show when I go for my 1 year appointment later this month -- it has been May since I've lost any weight.
  • I think my sleeve has helped me lose all the weight I am going to lose. If I lose more, it will be because I stick to the plan as far as eating and exercising. I will not lose more without exercise.
  • I have a hard time determining my portion sizes when eating food I make at home. I think this might be a place where I can improve my diet, so I've bought smaller dishes (4 ounce sizes) and a digital food scale to help me get more accurate calorie counts for home cooked food.
  • I need to quit drinking alcohol. A frozen margarita sounds SO good on a hot summer day. I can easily pass up a 100 calorie snack, but it is harder to pass on an alcoholic drink. I think knowing the actual calories will make it easier to turn it down. When I learned those frozen premade margaritas have 300 calories, they lost their appeal. :) It is shocking that one drink can be a third to a half of the calorie count of my normal intake.
  • I feel like my belly is getting bigger although my weight hasn't changed. I'm afraid to measure in case I'm right.
  • I love it when someone asks me what my pant size or weight is, and they get this shocked look when they realize I am now smaller or the same size as they are...

Who the hell asks your dress/pant size??!!!

(I'm sure it's fun to give a single-digit answer, but how rude to even ask!)

I confess I drink wine and coffee...regularly.

I eat pretty much what I feel like but in much much smaller portions.

Yesterday I had a slice of bacon for Breakfast as my Protein.< /p>

I bought a shirt that would never have fit over "the girls" and told the sales clerk even though it didn't fit I "planned on a clobbering via the diet fairy soon" knowing next month I'll be good to go!

I still feel like a chub-ster even though I'm down nearly 40 in 5 weeks.

I haven't told anyone but my husband & my folks..

I'm afraid of food. It hurts via heartburn sometimes.

I miss fizzy drinks of anything!

I feel like a rockstar for flying to Mexico by myself and doing this on the QT.

I have waaaayyyyy more energy and my house is still a mess. Maybe the "diet fairy" could shack up with the "cleaning fairy" in my brain and they could make a "doing laundry fairy" baby.

My sense of humor has returned and I'm a happy, relaxed camper again.

Thanks for the confessional!

Ahhhh Moscato (Sutter Home or Bare Foot)' date=' I would love a glass (in due time). It can wait but ahhhh Moscato. I think I just showed will power :unsure::blink:[/quote']

I can't wait to have my first glass or maybe a couple of sips..... I sooooo miss my Moscato (Sutter Home)....

OK I have 5 more:

6. I confess that I down played some things on my psych eval.

7. I confess that some days I only eat once.

8. I confess that I hate to see people shovel food in their mouths.

9. I confess that I look in the mirror too much and take waaayyy too many pics.

10. I confess that my new found confidence may be a gift and a curse.

It felt even better to get those 5 out.

I feel you..... I wasn't going to post a pic on Facebook until I got to a certain weight but when I got dress last weekend, I couldn't help but post a pic..... I totally enjoyed the compliments and I'm no where near goal. By the time I get to goal I won't know what to do with myself.....lol

I've only recently started contemplating surgery and this board has helped me SO MUCH in deciding that this is the route I need to go. I haven't really started making changes yet' date=' I see the NUT next Tuesday and I'm really excited to make a lot of changes. So, I don't know that all of these will be valid for much longer...

I confess that I have never stepped foot inside a gym in my entire life (not counting school gyms, obviously) and that this fact embarrasses me.

I confess that I'm scared of being embarrassed by going to a public gym. All those people! WITH THEIR EYES!!! :(

I confess that I am extremely worried about being a mess with loose skin all over the place if/when I have surgery.

I confess that I have no idea what my actual weight is, and that I'm more than a little nervous to find out the actual number. (6 days til that NUT visit!)

I confess that I fear I've lost my chance at ever having a child because I allowed myself to be this fat for this long.

I confess that not having children breaks my heart, despite always saying that I didn't really want have kids.

I confess that since I brought the idea of having this surgery into my head, I've been a complete basket case.

I confess that I'm okay with being a basket case, especially if I'm learning things along the way. :)

that's enough for now![/quote']

You will do just fine. Not sure if you have heard but after a significant amount of weight loss its easy to get pregnant....also I was a basket case before surgery and I am one of the fortunate ones that did not have any pain other than my first two days. Best Wishes

I confess that I think about food often...with mixed results....some days I can practically taste it and others I find it revolting.

I confess that at 20 days out, sometimes I don't know what to do.

I confess to sometimes thinking that because so many people now know that I have been sleeved, if my weight loss isn't dramatic it will be just another failure.

I confess to eating 5 pieces of seasame chicken from my favorite Chinese Restaurant, and being so sick afterward that I have returned to a liquid diet.< /em>

I confess to eating a hard boiled egg on day 5 of my pre-op liquid diet...(boy that felt good)

You will be able to gulp again. I was sad about that. I started bring able to "chug" again about 3 months. Now I can drink a 1LTR of Water in an hour.

Thanks for that info. I was worried!

I don't see why depression would mean I don't qualify for surgery. I am depressed' date=' but most of that stems from my weight in the first place. I don't expect surgery to "cure" me of anything. I don't take meds and don't do therapy, I'd say I have a normal amount of stress and depression associated with being a working woman!

If insurance didn't require it, I wouldn't be doing it. Point blank. I don't like the idea of paying someone to judge me or letting someone else decide if this is something I should do or not. :\[/quote']

Understand that after this surgery some people's depression goes away forever and some people who never were depressed become deeply depressed. I've never had a problem with depression until now (2 wks post op). I assume it's because of 1. The trauma my body recently endured and 2. The fact that I cannot lean to food for comfort from the challenges I face in everyday life. Each day is a battle but is definitely looking up. Once I settle into a routine and find a happy place in which does not include eating, I know I'll be ok. But until then, I cry and I vent to my loving husband who supports me when I'm down.

I confess:

1) I'm afraid to donate my favorite fat clothes. They were my way to hide the flubber & pretend it wasn't as bad as it really was.

2) I will NEVER be totally honest with my family about this process & how difficult it's been. They are just itching to say, "We told you so!!". I refuse to give them the satisfaction.

3) I know I will be successful in LOSING the weight - but I'm terrified beyond belief that I won't be able to MAINTAIN it.

4) I feel incredibly guilty when a waiter/waitress asks me if I "didn't like my food" - so then I launch into WAAAAY too much detail about my life. I try to stop myself but I just CANT!! I don't want them to "feel bad". It's ridiculously co-dependent, I know . . .

5) I can't wait (I can't believe I'm saying this ...) to have NAKED sex!! I have been hiding from my husband under nightgowns for 24 years with strict rules about . . . hmmm . . . how to put this (?) . . . only accessing what is absolutely necessary to get the job done : )

WHEW!!! That was hard!!!