Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is There Spice After The Sleeve?

GERD might go away it isn't also something you may not have forever as the bacteria in your stomach can change and also just by the foods you eat too. If you have been away from your spices for awhile it will might take time to build you heat tolerance back up. I like spicy since my March 2012 surgery.

I think I would have just shot myself if I was stuck with bland food the rest of my life.

I am almost 12 weeks out and let's see what I've had.

Refried with lots of roasted green chili blended into it

Thai green curry

Spicy hot V8

Mexican shrimp cocktail w/Valentina hot sauce

Huevos Ranchero

Several roasted jalapeños

Buffalo chicken dip

eggs w/Cheyenne pepper

Egg drop Soup w/lots of Sriracha

Chili (wife grew up on the Mexican border she doesn't understand the word mild)

1 spicy chicken tender from Popeyes (I had a rebellious moment)

Hot Andouille & Boudin

There is more but this is what came to mind quickly.

I think I love your wife. send recipies!!! LOL

I had rotisseri chicken last night with Franks hotsauce and ranch dressing. I eat jalapeno and any hot spice. I am 7 weeks out today. I would be very sad if I didn't get my spices in. I am a garlicaholic! I do get heartburn but it is usually from drinking tea!

55lbs in 7 weeks!!????!??! that's amazing!

All of these posts are super inspiring. Thanks for yours.

I started hitting everything with tabasco just days after surgery. It was the only way I could eat some of those nasty Protein Soups. Don't assume GERD will be with you forever. Things change very suddenly the day after the surgery. You may be eating pickled jalapenos before you know it.

according to my surgeon I won't be eating "real food" for at least 5 weeks after surgery.:( Not so big on tabasco but I LOVE my habanero sauce. Thanks for the encouragement. :)

GERD might go away it isn't also something you may not have forever as the bacteria in your stomach can change and also just by the foods you eat too. If you have been away from your spices for awhile it will might take time to build you heat tolerance back up. I like spicy since my March 2012 surgery.

unfortunately I've been stuck with it since I lost my gallbladder 10yrs ago. I'm one of those people that takes extra Nexium to be able to eat the foods I love. LOL I'm hoping that it goes away. But I'm more looking forward to less asthma exacerbation. I'd trade breathing for spice. But... if I can't have the breathing... POUR ON THE SPICE! ;)

Tobasco IMO really has no real flavor. It's just hot. If you want a really good hot sauce try Cholula. You'll find it in the Mexican food section, it has a wood ball as a cap.

55lbs in 7 weeks!!????!??! that's amazing!

All of these posts are super inspiring. Thanks for yours.

I have actually lost 32 post op... but I still don't think that is too bad!

I have actually lost 32 post op... but I still don't think that is too bad!

Heck yeah, that's great!!

Im not going to lie, I thought we were going to be discussing sex too! haha! I was like I SURE HOPE SO!!! hehe

Well I don't eat spicy foods, so I cant help out here :(

Spice doesn't bother me one bit. I love a hot bowl of hot & sour Soup (add vinegar & Sriracha to actually get it hot and sour). Still love my jalapenos, and Cayenne, and Thai food (I always order it spicy+), salsas, etc. The spice doesn't seem to bother me at all. Something like milk or a banana will get my GERD going long before vindaloo.

Onions/pickles never bothered my GERD (and still don't). And I still have the occasional "sneak" of a sip of vinegar, pickle juice or Worcestershire sauce. No problems.

Unfortunately, that's all irrelevant, It's very much a "wait and see" game.

I LOVE spicy food. The hotter the better. Is this something that I'll have to give up after the sleeve? I have Celiac disease and had to give up real bread, Pasta & my favorite Desserts, I have GERD so onions and pickles are OUT. I'm worried that my spices will need to go too. They are all I have left. :(

Im not going to lie' date=' I thought we were going to be discussing sex too! haha! I was like I SURE HOPE SO!!! hehe>[/quote']

you're too funny! I hope things will get SPICIER in that department. Especially Once the extra 90 isn't between us anymore in the bed! LOL ;)

I think I would have just shot myself if I was stuck with bland food the rest of my life.

I am almost 12 weeks out and let's see what I've had.

Refried Beans with lots of roasted green chili blended into it

Thai green curry

Spicy hot V8

Mexican shrimp cocktail w/Valentina hot sauce

Huevos Ranchero

Several roasted jalapeños

Buffalo chicken dip

eggs w/Cheyenne pepper

Egg drop Soup w/lots of Sriracha

Chili (wife grew up on the Mexican border she doesn't understand the word mild)

1 spicy chicken tender from Popeyes (I had a rebellious moment)

Hot Andouille & Boudin

There is more but this is what came to mind quickly.

LOL i feel you.. if i could not eat spicy food after surgery, i'd be beside myself. how awful a fate! lol

you're too funny! I hope things will get SPICIER in that department. Especially Once the extra 90 isn't between us anymore in the bed! LOL ;)

lmao.. everybody here is all excited to go out & have themselves some hot skinny sex! that makes me giggle.. hahaha! :D how cute! :) y'all go out there & get ya some! LOL :) <3

Unfortunately I cannot tolerate spicy food right now! I'm 9 days out and anything with spice makes my stomach hurt super bad, I cannot wait til it starts feeling better :)

I am 3 months post op, I regularly slice jalepenos and fill them with ff cream cheese then grill them as a side with my turkey burger. The other day, I did I with a habenero.

Tonight, I made 4 cheese mashed cauliflower bake with Italian turkey sausage, diced green chilies and diced jalepenos.

I love spicy! Very thankful that I can enjoy it like a normal person now.

I am 3 months post op' date=' I regularly slice jalepenos and fill them with ff cream cheese then grill them as a side with my turkey burger. The other day, I did I with a habenero.

Tonight, I made 4 cheese mashed cauliflower bake with Italian turkey sausage, diced green chilies and diced jalepenos.

I love spicy! Very thankful that I can enjoy it like a normal person now.[/quote']

Can I please have the recipe for the 4 cheese mashed cauliflower bake w / turkey sausages misc.... I am very ignorant in the kitchen so I kinda need stuff spelled out, or what website do you use for recipes. Thanks a lot.