Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

POLL Does Everyone Lose Their Hair??

Have you experienced hair loss due to the lapband?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced hair loss due to the lapband?

• I've had no hair loss whatsoever and I'm more than 4 months post-op.
    • I've experienced no hair loss whatsoever and I'm less than 4 months post-op.
    • I"ve lost 25% of my hair.
    • I've lost 50% of my hair.
    • I've lost enough hair im worried I will go bald.
    • None of these answers fit my situation.

Sally's beauty suppy makes a generic of nioxin and it is just as good but about half the price. They sell it in sets if you do all three steps and they also sell it in individula bottles. ~Mandy

I am 6 months out and I am just starting to lose my hair...ALOT of hair. I have long hair and when I brush it, it comes out like crazy. I noticed it last week and this week it is even worse. I am freaking out. It has taken me 20 years just to grow it to this length, I just hope it stops soon before I go bald.

banded 3/3/06

Dr. Kuri

225/172.8/135

5'7"

My best friend has been banded for 7 months, and has lost 25% of her hair. I spoke to the nutritionist and they said that she and well as myself need to take zinc lozenges. They taste awful, so I may start taking zinc in pill form. Look into it. Good luck.

I've suffered from quite dramatic hair-loss since I was banded a year ago!

I was very fond of my thick, curly locks and they seemed to vanish overnight. (see attached) :heh:

post-205063-13813134174273_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have lost about 25% also and I was a little cocerned .I called my doctor and he expalined to me that it was due to the all the weight and the fat that my body was getting rid of. He said there was nothing I could do about but it, that it would stop when my body gets back to normal . I am 4 moths post op. I am not happy about it, but I rather be thinner than fatter. hair will grow back eventually. I also read in a few places to take

Biotin and to use Nioxin products.

Good Luck to all.

MAP

I've been in maintence most of this year and my hair hasn't grown back. I was told it would grow back once i finished losing weight. Pffh! I take in plenty of protien, it seems like permanent Hair loss. I've got a huge bald patch all through the front of my head. I'm only 25. Going to see what I can get done about hair loss treatment.... the doctors have tried everything to help me and i've spent more than $2k already on all kinds of remedys and supplements to no avail. My diet consists of a lot of protien especially red meat since i'm Iron deficient.

I do the comb over - pretty sad eh? It makes it less noticeable and I try not to think about it.

I voted none, but maybe I had increased shedding for a while, its hard to tell since I leave hair everywhere anyway. I shed like crazy normally. I never noticed any thinning at all though, I think I was just paranoid about my normal shedding.

Badadabum! Very funny pianoman!

I brought this up before and got ripped by someone on here who said it was because I wasn't eating right. Bugged the heck out of me cause I know I am and taking supplements also. Guess it doesn't happen to all.

Both Docs, nutritionist and my hair salon lady all told me it happens due to the weight loss. Always lost lots of hair before the surgery too. Just don't wanna lose as much as pianoman for sure. Gonna try the stuff everyones talking about on here and we'll see if it helps, or maybe some Elmers glue???