Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is The Average Weight Loss?

Also : I am rather big *ahem* I WILL lose more than most of you and probably quicker

A) I have MORE to lose in first place!!!

B) my body burns more calories dragging my fat behind around!!!

But! This will slow down too!

You know my skinny azz sister

Meant to add:

My skinny azz sister would kill you if it meant she could lose 2 pounds in a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about it huh?!?!

You're doing so great keep up the good work!!!

Lol!!! Rofl

No room for pity at my party :D I'll take your pounds and raise you :)

I too have lost little. In fact, I lost much more in my self imposed 3 week pre-op diet than I did since surgery a little over 3 weeks ago. Of the 15 that I lost since surgery 13 were in the first week. How do I eat so little and lose 2lbs in 2 weeks?

The honest truth is I really regret it now, but as you know, there is no turning back. I just have to trust everyone and have faith that it is worth it and one day I will be happy I did this and be able to say I am happy with this decision. That really is all we can do.

I too have lost little. In fact, I lost much more in my self imposed 3 week pre-op diet than I did since surgery a little over 3 weeks ago. Of the 15 that I lost since surgery 13 were in the first week. How do I eat so little and lose 2lbs in 2 weeks?

The honest truth is I really regret it now, but as you know, there is no turning back. I just have to trust everyone and have faith that it is worth it and one day I will be happy I did this and be able to say I am happy with this decision. That really is all we can do.

Oh, I have NO regrets about this surgery. I'm just impatient, and like instant gratification. I know things will work out in the long run...I just have to relax. HA!

Oh, I have NO regrets about this surgery. I'm just impatient, and like instant gratification. I know things will work out in the long run...I just have to relax. HA!

@ hm734

Your body may be in what my doctors call "starvation mode"

Basically it goes "wtf! Where's all the food I'm used to?! Stuff this I'm holding onto everything for dear life!!!!"

This is a stage even anorexics go through (trust me!!!). Try upping carbs intake slightly a few days or jolting exercise routine and it may jiggle your weight loss!

Ask around the forum for stall tips or see your NUT or psych for motivation :)

Good luck!!!!

I am glad you are able to be more positive. I personally can't help being pissed off that I am consuming 600 calories a day, at the gym 2 hours on the bike or treadmill, choking down disgusting Protein Shakes and walking around feeling like someone just kicked my butt and I haven't slept in a week.

Oh hm734!!!

I'm not always so pos+ lol :) but from what you are saying I am 95% sure your body is just in absolute shock!!!

Try to even out your cal expenditure/intake ratio for a few days or a week to help with emotional side of things,

I promise if you look at what you are actual long doing it is very extreme and will be putting your body in a stall... You can push through it I know!

Basically the sleeve helps you feel full at 600 cals but it won't make you happy about it ;p !!!

Can you have a mini holiday break next weekend? Do some more natural exercise like a beach walk or playing ball at park?

You will be feeling extra sad if your body is in this "starvation mode" do try some aromatherapy or massage or just nice bath ok?!

Please feel better and understand logically that at this rate the weight WILL come off :D

Cokeeez, thanks for the tips. I actually just got out of ketosis with help from my NUT.She suggested that for some it is bad and did ask me to up my carbs. I am not at all trying to be a cry baby...I just know I was not prepared to feel like this.

Again, I am sure this will change when the scale moves. ;)

It's ok!!!

I've been there and back a few times!!!

Imagine if you were sucking on ice cubes for 8 days and exercising 5 hours a day, not sleeping and losing all your hair and nails!!! I nearly died but the scales still didn't move!!!

It happens and feels awful and I can imagine if you've had surgery and speant $$$$$$$ to boot how you must feel :(

Here to help ok?!!!

P.s the ice cubes were frozen Water runoff from family steamed veggies... Strangely addictive...... Lol

I was sleeved July 4th. I've lost 21 pounds so far. Not complaining... But I think I've hit a stall at 5 weeks.

You are doing GREAT! ???? I have lost a total of 47lbs 11lbs of them are Pre- op(June 19).

I sometimes think I should have lost more by now because I started at a higher weight. I was 320 lbs on my surgery date. 6 months later I weigh 250. Surgeon says he's happy with ten pounds a month average. And as I literally feel my body and really look at my body I feel happy. I only weigh 250 lbs.

May sound strange to some but to me...I only weigh 250 lbs.

Keep the faith. We are all losers, my friends.