Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is The Average Weight Loss?

I'm 2 1/2 out of surgery and I was just wondering what everyone else has lost on average? I feel like I'm not where I should be which makes me very upset... PS--I've lost 28 pounds since July 11 (when I started my pre-op diet).

I've only lost 25 lbs since June 28 so you're doing better than me...

You are doing great. I have lost a total of 20 pounds and 4 pounds were due to pre-op. I had surgery on July 2nd. I think everyone will lose at a different rate but in the end we all end up in the same place...losers...LOL! Also, from what I have read it is good to be a slow loser so your body had time to catch up and it makes for a lot less loose skin..., :P

Yes, everyone will be different. I think it also depends how how much you weigh to begin with - but I could be wrong. I had surgery on July 10th and am down 33 pounds as of this morning.

Thanks ladies for the feedback, I just wanted to see if I was behind or something, lol.

only lost

enigmachik

Warning, warning, this does not compute :angry:

its not allowed in Sleeveland to say the "O" word - only :)

you don't say ONLY 10 lbs for example - cuz 10 lbs is 10 lbs. wow - it's not ONLY 10 lbs -

makes it sound like you have higher possibly unrealistic expectations.

oh dear i hope i didn't say that wrong, don't mean to be rude

you'll do great :)

good luck

kathy

oooops

didn't mean to post here

On my last diet when I lost 25 lbs (which took 4 months - btw). I was complaining so my husband had me carry five 5 lbs bags of flour around in the grocery store. My perspective changed.

Hello all,

I am soooo frustrated. I had my sleeve on 6/6/12, and am down 32lbs. I lost 2lbs. Last month, and that is ridiculous to me. It's hard to imagine losing 100lbs n 6mts, or even a year as slow as my weight is coming off, or shall I say not coming off! What is my problem. I exercise, eat right, drink Water, and nothing. Will I lose more than these 32lbs, or will I be stuck and left behind? WHAT DO I DO? HELP ANYONE PLEASE!! :-(

It will come off! Some people hit goal in 6 months--some in less than a year---some in a year--and some people get there in 2 years. I have seen some people take 18 months to lose 80 lbs down to goal. But you know what? They were all HAPPY AS HELL that they lost it! :-) Keep on doing the right thing and the weight loss will come.

Some people lose fast and them slow down. Some start slow and go steady. Usually by the 9-10 mark the numbers are a lot more even. Your body has been through a stressful journey. It will come off it has to!

You are doing great. I have lost a total of 20 pounds and 4 pounds were due to pre-op. I had surgery on July 2nd. I think everyone will lose at a different rate but in the end we all end up in the same place...losers...LOL! Also, from what I have read it is good to be a slow loser so your body had time to catch up and it makes for a lot less loose skin..., :P

I was sleeved on July 3rd, and have lost a whopping 15 pounds! (lost 11 pounds pre-op). When does the 'great melting' take place???!

Hello all,

I am soooo frustrated. I had my sleeve on 6/6/12, and am down 32lbs. I lost 2lbs. Last month, and that is ridiculous to me. It's hard to imagine losing 100lbs n 6mts, or even a year as slow as my weight is coming off, or shall I say not coming off! What is my problem. I exercise, eat right, drink Water, and nothing. Will I lose more than these 32lbs, or will I be stuck and left behind? WHAT DO I DO? HELP ANYONE PLEASE!! :-(

When you find out, let me know!

Find a 1 pound, 10 pound, and 20 pound item a imagine where that great chunk of weight has somewhere come off your body...

Then think about how much exercise you have done and Protein you have eaten/drunk = HEAVY lean muscle mass!!!! You have probably gained a significant chunk of muscles around your legs from carrying so much weight and arms from push-ups etc and stomach from situps etc...

Then remember how many times you used to get on the scale to find you had put ON another 1,2,10,20 pounds!!!

This is not a one-way street, you will have little backslides in times of stress or winter months or party seasons or just because your body SAYS SO!!! Lol

Keep positive, in stalls try something fun and new like Pilates, yoga, massage, boxing, self-defence class, walking with friends, window shopping (or mall-walking), and think if you could have done this B4?!?!?

Good luck my friends!!!

Find a 1 pound, 10 pound, and 20 pound item a imagine where that great chunk of weight has somewhere come off your body...

Then think about how much exercise you have done and Protein you have eaten/drunk = HEAVY lean muscle mass!!!! You have probably gained a significant chunk of muscles around your legs from carrying so much weight and arms from push-ups etc and stomach from situps etc...

Then remember how many times you used to get on the scale to find you had put ON another 1,2,10,20 pounds!!!

This is not a one-way street, you will have little backslides in times of stress or winter months or party seasons or just because your body SAYS SO!!! Lol

Keep positive, in stalls try something fun and new like Pilates, yoga, massage, boxing, self-defence class, walking with friends, window shopping (or mall-walking), and think if you could have done this B4?!?!?

Good luck my friends!!!

How dare you ruin my pity party! LMAO! Intellectually, I agree with you. Emotionally, I'm going crazy!