Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Coconut Oil Convert

Okay, just read more from known sources and it seems the jury may still be out on this one :-(

Sent from my iPad using VST

Yes, the jury is out on the real benefits of eating with coconut oil as it is very high in saturated fat. Also, just because something is good for you , doesn't mean you are supposed to go hog wild with it, oils are liquified fats, use sparingly. That said, there are so many wonderful beneficial uses to coconut oil in all its varieties, the only other substance I can think of that is as holistically beneficial would be cannabis oil.

Ok so you want to buy only virgin cold prosessed coconut oil. It does not smell or raste anything like "coconut". It has a sort of ntty scent to it, pleasant. Tou can uae it instead of you $75 night cream... add a spoonful to your smoothie or just about anything. Use caution when cooking not to heat over 350ºf. Best place to get it is a giant tub at costco for about $20

How do I make it into a moisturizer that will absorb and won't leave me oily like a 1980's suntanner?

It just soaks in after a couple of minutes

I enjoy cooking with coconut oil. My favourite recipe is roasting vegetables.. Butternut especially in a teaspoon of coconut oil sprinkled with smoked paprika!! Mushrooms really soak up the flavour of the coconut...

Lots of people I know add a teaspoon to a good cup of fine roasted coffee. Personally, tried it once but not for me. I also trued to add it to a shake but it congealed and as I drank the congealed clumps, it made me absolutely the gag.. not the taste, just the thought!! Guess you could add it to like a Thai Soup made with coconut milk.. could be quite nice. If I was making soup, I would sauté my garlic onions etc in the coconut oil rather than just adding it to the soup..

I love love love it on popcorn instead of butter, esp if you air pop your own. I use ghee which is equally good and use it for everything. Rarely use oil to cook with actually.

I have been using CO for years now. I don't like the taste of CO, but I like cooking with it. I use it for my moisturizer every day. I used to take a supplement, which increased my HDL, and lowered my LDL. My doc told me to show off my results. Lol

I enjoy cooking with coconut oil. My favourite recipe is roasting vegetables.. Butternut especially in a teaspoon of coconut oil sprinkled with smoked paprika!! Mushrooms really soak up the flavour of the coconut...

Do you melt the coconut oil first and drizzle over veggies and then roast?

Depending on the amount of veggies I'm making (sometimes I batch cook) I put a spoonful on the tray, stick it in the oven till its melted, then I coat the veggies in the oil and roast till they are tender.

I've been using rice bran oil lately, also a nice nutritional cooking oil with benefits and high smoke point.

My husband was told to take a tablespoon full twice a day to level out his blood sugar and high blood pressure. I use it on my face, neck, and age spots!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Somebody sent me a mini packet of vegan raw coconut butter, I have nothing to spread it on so - I put it in my hair and used it to take off my makeup! I smell like a macaroon but it works!! :P