Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fills available in Canada

Hi there, I am wondering if you can advise of a Canadian Dr. who will do a fill for me. I had a great Mexican experience with Dr. Ortiz in his Tijuana clinic. I would prefer to find someone in or near Edmonton due to time frame and my work schedule. Hope someone can post info.

Thanks

Hello Tiger and welcome. Congratulations on your banding. I was waiting to see if anyone knew of fill opportunities near you but since there has been no response yet I'll tell you about BC. I, too was banded in Mexico and now have Dr. Woodhead in the lower mainland looking after me. He charges $400 for the first consultation and fill and $75 for fills after that. There is also Dr. Amson in Victoria but it takes a very long time to get in to see him.

I guess if you have to travel anywhere you'll have to figure out the quickest and cheapest.

All the best. If you have any questions about Dr. Woodhead just ask.

Devana, Hi there,

Thanks for the Dr. Woodhead info, you bet I would like more info address telephone number, and do you have much of a wait to see him? This could work out wonderfully for me.

You mentioned being banded in Mexico may I ask where? You are obviously doing well. How many fills have you had to date? Do thery take very long or just a few minutes. Devana I am just learning this internet, email thing, I was so pleased to have a response this am. Take care Thanks again

Hey Tiger,

I bet Calgary would be closer!

I'll find the thread with all the info about who you can go to in Calg.!

Mandi

The doctor in Calgary that does fills is Dr. Philip Mitchell 403-264-6720

He's at the Peter Laughheed Centre and charges $100. for a fill :eek:

Dr. Cobourn has also trained a family practitioner to do fills in Calgary. His name is Dr. Daniel Botha.

Boy I wish there was someone in Edmonton. I'm waaay north. *sigh*

Wecome to Bandland Tiger!

Sunshine

I need a fill doc anywhere from Thunder Bay to Western Manitoba.

Do you know of any in this "gap"?

otherwise I will end up having to fly to Toronto to get a fill!

I don't want my family doc to do my fills cause

I live in a small gossipy (redundant) town and I don't even trust the doctors to keep my secrets here! So I rather go out of town where no one knows me.

Argon & Miranda,

Thanks for the Info I will be in contact with the Dr. @ the Peter Loughheed Centre in Calgary. I will kee4p you posted. I do not understand the concept of this this thread short thread etc. As mentiontion prior the computer is relatively new to me.

Lila,

I wish you well on your journey to the world of banding. I had the most positive experience you can imagine. This past Sunday I went shopping with a friend picked up five items of clothing a size smaller than was my norm GUESS WHAT! Had to take em back get yet a size smaller and they fit comfortably I am becoming more into it and liking it more all the time. How long will you be in Toronto berfore returning home? I send you a bouquet of well wishes, positive experience and hope for a slender,healthy, happy future. Take Care

CanadaSunshine

Thanks for Dr. Botha's name I shall check him out. You are in the far North I love the Northern winters I use to travel up their on a fairly steady basis. I have been in all kinds of winter weather it was an experience I shall not ever forget. My mom came to visit from Ontario this past summer I had the opportunity of taking her as far into the Yukon as Whitehorse, we also did the Liard HotSprings. I have wonderful memories of this time I cherish. One particular winter evening while travelling south I stopped on the top off Steamboat mountain for approx. an hour to watch and listen to the light show from the Northern Borialis, AMAZING. On this evening they where dancing so low while sweeping and skipping accross the vast open sky, wow!

Katiegirl , Hi there

My reason for the Tijuana experience, there where several, $8500.00 USD with exchange rate it was approx. $9800.00 Can $. I was met @ the SanDiego airport and taken to a 5 star hotel which by the way both where included in my initial cost. It was nice to not be concerned with strange city ,taxis, etc.as well as the additional costs. I was picked up at the hotel taken for all my test and return transportation back to my hotel. Dr. Ortiz is world renouned his credentials are remarkable.

A Canadian banding quote I recieved was $16,0000.00 Canadian funds. My air fare to SanDiego including the best travel insurance I could get was $683.00. A total cost of $10,483.00 I did take $500.00 USD with me for incidentals meals etc. I came home with $273.00 USD.

Why Mexico? I did the math, I was impressed with Drs. creditentials I had no reason for concern and every reason to make an informed decision.

NO REGRETS!! I started @ 245 lbs I am down to 220 lbs. I have lost 3 sizes and expect by this time next week I will be down another. I have had no discomfort other than eating or drinking to fast. I must restrict myself some foods green Beans, broccoli, yams, rice and potatoes have to this point been not tolerated well. I am becoming more aware of my relationship with food, I can now stop before I finish everything on my plate. I am becoming selective of the food intake quanity quality and satisfying. I am begining to appreciate the transformation physcially but more importantly the emotional benifts of my surgery. I had my band placed Aug. 8 2006. I wish you well. Hope the info is what you where looking for. If I can be of further assistance do not hesitate.

Canadiansunshine

May have found a Dr. to do fills in Edmonton, I am waiting for a call back. Apparently there is a team of Drs. @ the Royal Alex Hospital in Edmonton who do banding, I have a call in @ this time to see if they will do a fill for me. It seems like a request they have not had prior. I will keep you posted.

Dr's Davey and Birch? That's weird, cause someone on here requested the exact same thing, and was told no. Hmmmmm.....

Lila,

I know of a gal in Dauphin, MB who's Dr does her fills for her. I don't know if I'd recommend it or not though. She's gotten a leak, and although I don't know the details, I'm guessing her doc. might have something to do with it?

If you want, I could find out her Dr's info.

Let me know!

Mandi