Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tony Little Gezelle Eleptical Trainer

My wife bought a "Tony Little Gazelle" eleptical trainer at a yard-sale.

It is a pain in the butt to move around and it doesn't seem (2me IMHO) to provide much benefit as a workout.

Does anyone here have one?

Does it do any good if used regularly?

HI,

I set it up in a back bedroom and put a TV in there. I try to make it a point to go watch one of my home improvement shows while I am on it, and the time goes pretty quickly. I have one with the pistons (actually, shock absorbers). When they are set, it is harder to work, so there is some resistance. IF they are set too high, I really feel them pull in the knees, so I have backed them off so that doesn't happen. Interestingly, the calorie counter doesn't seem to increase with the added resistance, but logic would suggest that if you are working harder it is consuming more calories. According to the calorie counter on mine, it burns about 50 cals in 1/2 hour of pretty easy work. I asked a trainer at the health club I joined, and she said that it isn't very challenging, but it is very low impact (an issue for me since I have arthritis). She said that if I spent 1/2 - 1 hr/day on it that I would otherwise be sitting on the couch, it definitely would be useful. I try to be sure to get on it for a bit every day, especially on days that I don't make it to the gym.

Penny

banded 4/5/06 Dr. Ortiz

180+/136/110

I have the Tony Little Gazelle glider.....not sure if that is the same thing. I put it in my lady's fitness centre and they love it. I don't think it burns the calories too quickly unless you have the one with the tension pumps (mine does) that can be in use or not.

We find that the ladies would rather not use the tension pumps so that they have more endurance. We all have felt after affects in the back of the thighs and calves, and the glutes but not much benefit from the arm action except the arm action helps to keep your heart rate up which helps keep you in a fat burning zone.

Carol

LOL, and here I thought that was YOU. I had one years back and found it easy... too easy. It's low impact but doesn't burn many calories.

LOL, and here I thought that was YOU. I had one years back and found it easy... too easy. It's low impact but doesn't burn many calories.

My wife is a diebetic and wants to burn off sugar and tone muscles (which burn calories more efficiently) with out impact problems (arthritis too). This machine doesn't seem to be much of anything except in the way.

LOL.....Tony Little is annoying...happy to hear that its neither you or your wife on the Gazelle.

It is the same as mine but without the hydraulic tension pumps. I agree....without the pumps it really doesn't do much except get your body moving. Have your wife try it by leaning forward, and then leaning backward......both ways targets different muscle groups that have to work a little bit harder to manipulate the machine.

Hope this helps.

Carol

It was too much trouble to move around, so we sold it at a yard-sale for $20.

not banded,,trying to get insurance to pay,,,please explain what a fill is