Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help......again

Hi all.........

I hope everyone is doing good!! I am now 5 weeks post op. and 34lb lighter...yahoooo....

my problem, as before I am pbing still... I will go on liquids,, then back to eating... back and forth... it really sucks.. I have not really eaten anything in days and days..... is my restriction that closed?

Iam feeing good, I just cant eat....everything is ok, right????

:D

when should I start working out? I dont wnat to mess anything up? I was thinking swimming.

bye for now,

Francesca:)

Hi Fransesca I had my surgery with Dr. Ortiz on APril 6th and according to Marissa's instructions she told menotto exercise until I was strictly and solely on solid foods. What is exactly your soild food intake for the day? Seems abnormal to me at 4 weeks post op to not be able to eat and only do liquids without pbing? have you called your Dr. about this just to let them know what is going on? I would If I were having the samesituation just to be safe .

Michelle

Hi Francesca,

Congrats on the weight loss.:D:( :( But you've got incredible restriction. You should not be PBing so frequently (not good for you or the band) and shouldn't at five weeks still have to be on liquids. Just to make sure everything is OK I would call your doctor and ask him/her about it. You should be able to eat most soft foods by five weeks. How is your appetite? Do you get hungry? What are you supplementing your diet with......are you drinking Protein drinks or taking any Vitamins, etc.???

Take Care,

Kathy

Hi Kathy and Michelle,

I too had Dr. Ortiz on May 6th..I am going to call them tomorrow. To see if I am ok.

I am drinking Protein shakes in the morning, but starting tomorrow I am going to do thick liquids for 2 or 3 days.... I have no problem with Soups and such...I have just been eating what ever I have just been eating what ever I cook for my family. Tonight was Brats with salad.. I ate half of my brat. And pbed it up.

This sucks!!! I do get hungry , maybe I am eating to fast or to much in the bites that I am taking. I thought that I was taking tiny bits but maybe not?

Can some one give me a list of solid food that I am suppose to be eating.maybe a menu of things that you girls eat PLEASE...I think I am still eating like a fat girl and my body is saying NO WAY!!

I like in San Diego ,do either of you?

oh and Marissa didnt say anything about excersise, what is menetto?

hope to hear from you soon,

:sick Francesca

Bratzs 'n salad is pretty rough on a newly banded!! I still shread/slice/dice my salads, a good point just mentioned by Lisa remove the caseings off Sauasagezz. Lubrication:Mayo/Ketcup,BBQ/chilli sauce

Cottage cheese is a must for me in the morning.

If your that restricted..change how/what you eat, chew alot! Soon the fat around your stomach should decrease and ease your tight feeling. I hope ..

Try drinking some warm tea before your meals. I still enjoy a nice bowl of Soup

Hi Vera,

so you think that it is restriction and not that something is wrong!

sounds good to me.. I will take your advice...

I was thinking about when I should get my first fill,,,,, I am out of my mind....

what is this whole do not drink with meals., why not? I have not done that but I dont get why...

You want a full feeling to last, Think as you have an hour glass stomach with a 15cc top(thats what most docs calibrate to) About the size of an egg?? help me here if I'm wrong. So if you can get that food to stay there with out drinking and pushing it down. You feel full longer.

Yes we need LOTs of Water, so after about an hour start drinking. The picture seen should be like a strainer, watrer gets through, but not to tight .., If it didn't come back up within 15 minutes its going down eventually. Study show food may sit for several hours.

Hi Francesca,

Well, the truth is I had to change my diet after the band and take it really easy with certain foods. At first I believed it was going to be as easy as controlling quantities rather than chosing different stuff to eat, but as my band got tighter, I had to give up things I could it at the start. ( my band was empty for 2 months after surgery) Its all about experimenting specially the first few weeks. The transition to full solids was really slow. The bites tiny and chewed for ever. I used to eat ( still do when I am stressed or under pressure - like from, say, a nosey mother in law asking why i chew so much- with the dreadful consecuences) a whole meal in a few minutes. A quarter of that same meal takes up to half an hour these days. I love steak, i love sausages, and i love chicken and bread. But now i eat the beef minced, no sausages, shredded chicken in Soup or risotto, and I leave the bread until I finished with everything else. If i still can fit it, I will have one bite and hope for the best. Lots of veggies and salads, because they go down nicely.

NOW, when stress hits i go back to my lifelong habits, and try to eat like I used to and it hurts! I am sorry you are starting at the deep end! good luck! ahhh and remember its a vicious cycle, the more you PB or vomit, your stomach gets hurt and tighter and its harder to eat.

Vera, thanx for the explanation of the liquid thing.

tellie

Tomorrow will be 6 weeks since I was banded. This is the first week I have eaten salad, or popcorn, or frozen dinners and every thing goes down just fine but I really chew, chew, chew. It has been difficult to not drink during or 30 minutes after I eat, but I think I am finally getting used to it. Als o my doc has every one exercising after the 1st few days. I didnt but thats what he wants, even swimming the first week. Best of luck to you...Janie