Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC September Chat

I find if I really load up on the Water before I start eating then I feel less thirsty during the meal. I have to remind myself to drink a bunch before I eat. But overall, I think I'm not getting as much water as I used to with the new rule. I used to drink two or more large glasses of water with everything I ate.

If something is especially spicy, I take a little tiny sip. Like a straw full. What is that, 1/2 a teaspoon? I doubt that will wash out the contents of my stomach.

My dietician told me, if I really need to, I can have no more than 1/4 cup of Water with my meal. And to be sure to go into a meal well hydrated. But this is a really tough requirement, though I understand the reason for it, it's a radical change. She said that's one of the most frequent reasons that people don't lose, because drinking too much with meals actually undermines the effectiveness of the band. So I'm really working hard to comply with that requirement.

I can not break the Water habit with meals, but I have considerably cut down. I used to drink 3-4 glasses, now about a 1/2 of glass.

Anyone else just stuck??? :think

I was doing awsome now I am working my a$$ off and can't even loose 1 pound.

Finally back and caught up! I'm so jealous of those of you getting fills. My doc doesn't do them unless you haven't lost any weight for 2 weeks in a row. I have lost each week, but up till this week it was only .5 lbs a week for awhile. But, started exercising this week and I lost 3 lbs! Yay! I feel almost no restriction though. I did have my first PB. Just a small one, passed in a couple minutes by dear god that was horrible. So I guess the band is doing something. I'm definately not eating as much as I used to, but I stop because I know I shouldn't eat more, not because I can't eat more. *sigh* I'm definately not hitting my 10lb goal for September. I think so far I've lost 6 this month, but can't tell for sure because I never actually wrote down my starting weight this month. I definately will for October though!

Keep up the good work everyone.

I suppose I won't be hitting my September goal either. Unless I have some dramatic weight loss in the last week!!! I suppose we made some unrealisitic goals for our first full month with the band. I've literally been bouncing back and forth with the same few pounds almost all month so far. So frusterating. I can't wait for that second fill. (Sorry I keep repeating that but I'm don't ever want to see 300.5 on my scale ever again!!!)

I suppose I won't be hitting my September goal either. Unless I have some dramatic weight loss in the last week!!! I suppose we made some unrealisitic goals for our first full month with the band. I've literally been bouncing back and forth with the same few pounds almost all month so far. So frusterating.

He. He. Yea, I had a bit of an unrealistic goal too, although my clothes are looser, my blood pressure has dropped out of the critical range and I feel better....... so no real complaints that I didn't meet a scale victory.

Don't know if anyone else is experiencing this but I got my fill on Monday (1.8 in a 4cc band), now it is Friday and I am not hungry at all. I had three days of liquids (wasn't hungry then) and now that I can eat I feel sort of nauseated. It is not that I can't eat, I had some oatmeal and a Go Lean Protein Bar yesterday but I had to force myself to eat. I did start my period (shouldn't have started for another week) yesterday so that may be why it feels this way. I don't think I am overfilled but I feel like I am full all the time.

Anyone else feeling like this?

TerryB,

I don't think my first fill gave me enough restriction because after two days of liquids, I was able to eat pretty much anything and did experience hunger. It doesn't sound abnormal, especially with "your friend" at the same time. See how you feel when your visitor leaves.:biggrin1:

It's been a week since my first fill and just today I started eating something other than pureed Soup. It got stuck, man does that hurt!! Holy hell! PB'd and felt much better.

I think I'll stick with the pureed stuff for a while longer. :)

Unfortunately I found that cheesecake goes down just fine. Bad roiansmom bad :cry I made dh take the entire thing to work today.

It's been a week since my first fill and just today I started eating something other than pureed Soup. It got stuck, man does that hurt!! Holy hell! PB'd and felt much better.

This statement made me think.......So.... I am suppose to get my fill the week of Oct. 9 and my mother in law comes into town on the 12th... Should I wait a week???? I havent told her and she would think it odd if I only had soup since she has seen me pig out for many many years. Although.... she is not happy with my weight and would most likely support my change 1000%. I am not opposed to telling her, it just hasn't come up.

Faybie, Have you told anyone else yet? At first I didn't want to tell anyone but did end up telling my daughter and son, then a few other people. I'm sure your mother in law will be happy for you. If you feel that you are not ready, you can tell her that your tummy has not been feeling well so that is why you are having Soup. Either way, it should be ok. She should be enjoying the time with you and not thinking about what you are eating.

Diane

Robin: Before I got the band, I thought that the bigest problem would be the Water. I never liked water so the only way I could get it down, would be with eating. I also would use a lot of ice and lemon to cover the flavor of the water. Now, It's hard to drink through a straw, so I was given a water bottle that I suck the water. Found it at Walgreens. I love it!! I freeze it and by the time I am at work I can drink it. 2 bottles and I have had my amount of water needed. I have not had my fill yet, but I do make sure I do not drink during meal times because I am afraid of messing anything up. So far I have had no problem.

I work at 6am, getting up at 4am. I have my Protein Drink at 4:30 and oatmeal at 8am. (on the days that I am home, I can fix an egg) I do need to eat the oatmeal (instant) because I get very hungry by noon. I make sure I have at least one of the bottles finished by lunch. Because I drink all of the water before I eat, I really think that helps.

Diane

hopeworks "dh" means dear husband

Faybie,

I felt weird about telling people at first too but I found that the people that I really didn't want to know ended up being some of my biggest supporters once I just gave up and told everyone. My fiance's mom never seemed to want to bond with me (she lives far away) but when she found out about the surgery she sent me a beautiful card with a note inside about her battle with weight and how she's there for me to vent if I need her. I thought it was very thoughtful and supportive of her to reach out to me like that. I dont know its just my opinion but I suggest just telling her......

As far as the drinking while eating, I do....I take small sips to help not feel dry. I work a job where I can't sip Water all day and I dont want to gulp it when I get the chance to drink so I've been drinking whenever I can just to get it in. Is is worse to not drink enough water or to not drink with meals???? Dunno, but my weightloss has been fine so for now it works for me lol