Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Massachusetts Bandsters Chat

Hi Breadlady,

I am also fairly new and on my way to bandland. It IS scary, but the unknown often is. It will be an exciting journey for us to actually take actually do something good for ourselves, we deserve it, don't you think?

Good luck with the research, I know you'll do what's best for you.

Cindy

Cindyluhu

I also had Dr. Glasgow. he is WONDERFUL, you will love him (i am sure you already know that). He will follow up with you, even if you don't want him to;)

the liquid diet phase was really no biggie for me. At that point, you are really getting excited. It was the diet AFTER the surgery that was tough for me.

You will do great. Go to the support group meetings, they really help. I have not been in a while, can't go this month either due to kids schedules but when I do go, I get rejuvinated.

Good luck

hi cindy, and welcome. the dr. did ask me to try and lose weight befor the surgery.

bread lady, welcome. i grew up on the south shore but live in western ma

for the last 14 yrs. there are a mess of people from the south shore the even had a get together in braintree a bit back

deb

Congrats on your date! It all seems tough at the time, but when you look back on it, it really don't seem all that bad..... good luck with everything!

Hi everyone, sorry it's been so long from my last post. things are crazy but it's all coming together. Got my date!!! April 26. I got makeup apts. with the manditory classes due to the snow storm last mo. the way they are scheduled and me being on the Island, can't do them till April 11, so.....I'm REALLY nervious! one minute I'm sure this is IT and the next I want to bale! mostly I want it, sure hope the Dr. doesn't read this! tell me more about the preop liquid diet , is this for all??? sounds like hell in a bottle!

hi everybody, went for my final consult today with dr schneider, band date set for april 25th. it has been a long wait, but it,s worth it. any body else scheduled for april

Would you guys be interested in getting together again? Perhaps some of the new people could join us as well? Last time we did it in Braintree at Joe's American Grille. Let me know what you think, perhaps sometime in April?

John

John-

I'd love to go, it was great to meet everyone. I've been out of the loop for awhile, alot going on at home.

I'm glad to see you and Nana are doing well. April 28th would be o.k. with me.

Hello everyone and welcome newbies :)

I'm from Taunton, MA and had my surgery with Dr. Jones at BIDMC Feb 13th 2006. So I'm a year out plus now and still happy with my band. Been kinda at a standstill with the weight loss but I swear it's body memory :) We'll see...once the warmer weather is here and the pool is open I'll be out there exercising :) Hopefully it will move quicker then.

I didn't have to do a 10 day presurgery diet back then anyway. They asked that I try to lose 10 pounds before surgery but I wasn't given a time frame for it. I just started to try to lose that since I was accepted into the program. I ended up losing about 7 pounds. I can honestly say I haven't regretted this surgery once...so far :)

I wish you all the best with your process and upcoming surgeries. Please feel free to ask away and we'll help where we can :)

hi all! welcome newbies and congrats on the new bands and new appts! it's so exciting! i was banded 7/24/2006 and am down about 58lbs. not as much as i would like but i am forcing myself back on liquids next week because i have 1 month to get at least 5 more lbs off per my fertility dr.

i am up for the 28th or anyother day as long as i have enough notice! i miss you guys and want to see how everyone is doing. can we get a round table this time? or at least switch seats halfway thru so we can get a chance to talk to everyone?!?! yelling across the room may get us kicked out...hee hee. that happened to me and some friends last night at the 99 AND a chinese restaruant so we ended up at the Burren in Davis Square. does anyone else miss beer as much as i do?

well, that's my 2 cents for now. hpefully, i will get better about chekcing in after the hell of mcas is over!!! is anyone else a sped teacher? well, for mcas i have to proctor the test for some of the kiddos and i have taken the stupid test for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade every day for the last 2 weeks and i have 1 more to go. pray for me (does that explain the missing beer thing?) ha, ha

have a sunny spring day, all!

dez

hi all

i am planning on going to the BI get together that is this coming thurs.

on being able to go to another get together i would love to meet the rest of you. i get 2 weekends off a month unless i put in a vacation day and no other has requested that day.

has anyone heard from nana and how's she doing?

deb

Dez- :: putting my hand up and waving it:::: I miss beer too! I didn't think I would since i didn't drink much anyway, but a cold Corona with a lime on a spring day sounds like heaven..aaaaaahhhh. Oh well.

I do like my pinot though and I just need to learn my new moderation. I have gone out a couple times and gone past my limit and been a bit silly but I am learning.

You gotta be kidding me. I feel like I've lost my lover. Furthermore, I'm all healed up now, and I could chew the rump off a goat. I'm serious...this is way harder than the preop liquid diet because at least with that, there was an end in sight.

Anyhow, my first fill is scheduled for the 12th of April. Hopefully that will bring me some peace, and I won't wake up chewing on my sheets or pillow like I have been.

John:hungry:

You gotta be kidding me. I feel like I've lost my lover. Furthermore, I'm all healed up now, and I could chew the rump off a goat. I'm serious...this is way harder than the preop liquid diet because at least with that, there was an end in sight.

Anyhow, my first fill is scheduled for the 12th of April. Hopefully that will bring me some peace, and I won't wake up chewing on my sheets or pillow like I have been.

John:hungry: