Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im So Scared To Do This!

I can relate girl, my brother is a pig, eats whatever whenever and we both were athlete but guess what, he stays slim while I was exploding like a balloon but hey no more I am killing it

I start my pre op diet tomorrow. Any tips? My tummy is in butterflies at what the future holds.

I wish you all the best in this venture. You have to get in your head that you have the power, not the food. Your pre op is a chance to work on your mental prep for thr first few weeks after your surgery. The first three to four days you may feel sluggish or even have flu like symptoms. Not at all uncommon, but you can mentally push through. You want to lose weight and this is your opportunity. Don't let your mind convince you that you can' t do it. Eat what you really want today, no matter what it is, and tomorrow just set your mind to follow the rules all the way.

I am typing this not only for you but for myself. I start my pre op in three weeks. I have been on Medifast diet for many months so I understand how our bodies try to convince us of hunger when we are nutritionally fed.

After surgery you may try just sitting with your baby and not actually lifting as much as is possible. I understand how hard that is , as I had two babies in a year, both C-section. Not easy being a mom when you are healing from surgery!!

Yes. I will let you know. Thank you.

I start my pre op diet tomorrow. Any tips? My tummy is in butterflies at what the future holds.

Good luck, I am two days in and it rough!!!

Two days into diet? Or two days post op.? No horror stories please!!

Hey we are having our sleeves on the same day! I feel the same. I am scared but I'm more scared to die this way. I'm ready for a new life. I've struggled so long too. Don't be afraid. You have made the right decision and will be so much more healthy in the end. We both will. Good luck to you.

Don't worry that being sleeved is anything like the band. The band is a nightmare! Living with the sleeve is living a normal life, eating small portions of anything.

I am two days into pre op. Today starts day 3

Hun, take a deep breath and focus :)

I am 10 months post op, now under my goal and have been maintaining for over 2 months now. In the past I have lost over 100 lbs twice. And both times I started to regain almost immediately.

The sleeve is a great tool BUT you need to keep your head in the game. Listen to what your surgeon tells you. Be educated. Know what you can do. Listen to your body.

You can and will do this!!!

Best of luck

You know what? I take that back. Horror stories are fine! I want to be prepared. I can't be blind and think its all unicorns and rainbows. Lol.

I am 9 mos out, 110lbs down and love my sleeve every day!! I took out a loan to do this and do not regret a dime of it. It is a lot of work, the first few weeks do suck as you figure it out. A month out I thought to myself "what did you?",I got so tired of smoothies and shakes but I knew that this is all part of breaking an addiction! It isn't all sunshine and roses, it is a "tool" to use to get healthy. If you use your tool correctly, it will work! But it doesn't do all the work... you have to do the work, the changes have to come from you. I went low carb, high Protein. (goals originally were: cal-600, protein-75+, carbs-40). I used myfitnesspal.com to keep track of my calories and exercise. I read the forums, I used http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ as inspiration. I adjusted my mindset. I made the tool work for me and have been successful!! You can too.

I never threw up, only overfilled my pouch once... that hurts, and stayed smart! You can do this and make it work for you!

I'm pre-op too and would love to hear how it goes for you. I want to hear the good, the bad and ugly too. Also, any tips and successes are welcome too!

Good Luck to you!

My date is july 17! Im getting to the freak out stage for sure!! I was supposed to pay my deposit yesterday and for some reason I made every excuse in the book for not doing so. I've bought my plane ticket, my friend has bought her's- my support person.. I feel your pain!!! But im ready to step out of this body and into my new one!