Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday marked a week out. I had my staples removed yesterday . What a relief because they were really starting to irritate me. My incisions are not sore. I have been able to sleep on my side since the day of surgery. I am down 12lbs since the day of surgery. I will be ao glad when I start on mush solids. I am really bored with Soup, yogurt and Protein Shakes. I still really enjoy my sf Popsicles. You know Publix carry the Real fruit no sugar added. The Best!

Yesterday marked a week out. I had my staples removed yesterday . What a relief because they were really starting to irritate me. My incisions are not sore. I have been able to sleep on my side since the day of surgery. I am down 12lbs since the day of surgery. I will be ao glad when I start on mush solids. I am really bored with soup' date=' yogurt and Protein shakes. I still really enjoy my sf Popsicles. You know Publix carry the Real fruit no sugar added. The Best![/quote']

Where were your stitches? I'm feeling ok, still not up to par, but with time i will be. I do get tired out fast. I hope that you do well!

I had 3 half inch, 1 inch, and a 10 cm incision on my stomach and abdomen. I get really tired quick as well. My doctor said that should get better when I am eating more and taking my vitimans. I asked if I could start my vitimans before 2 weeks out and he recommended that I wait. He said he doesnt want the supplements to upset my stomach being that I am not eating much. Are you taking any vitimans?

I had 3 half inch' date=' 1 inch, and a 10 cm incision on my stomach and abdomen. I get really tired quick as well. My doctor said that should get better when I am eating more and taking my vitimans. I asked if I could start my vitimans before 2 weeks out and he recommended that I wait. He said he doesnt want the supplements to upset my stomach being that I am not eating much. Are you taking any vitimans?[/quote']

Yes, they had me taking Vitamins as soon as I got home from the hospital. Actually, I started them the next day after I got home. I do the flintstones Vitamins chewable, and the caltrate chewable Calcium. I take them and hour apart, and sip Water afterwards. I have found myself gulping too much, and it's painful. I have to train myself not to do that. It's just a habit I have to break. Actually, they started me on pureed food 5 days post op because I was doing so well. I still feel that it is a bit too much, and I tend to do more Protein just so that I don't feel worst. Protein is very, very important. I made some vanilla sugar free pudding and added 1/2 scoop of strawberry protein in the pudding for extra protein. It actually taste pretty good. I'm not in a hurry, but I do miss eating more, but then I remind myself, just think in a month or so when clothes are getting smaller, how much better I'll feel now. I'm excited, but the worst part for me was how scared I was prior to the surgery, and now I'm safe, and on my way to being healthy.

Great! Best Wishes to You!

Can you tell me how to start my own chat, and how to email someone? New to this, ty so much for the help.

I'm not feeling so good today, I was sleeved on Monday so this is my 4th day out and my first full day at home. I tried to do a little walking on my treadmill which went ok but was super boring going 1mph I tried eating some apple sauce so I could take one of my meds but I threw up a little. Besides that I have a lot of pain in my shoulders from the gas. Tomorrow will be a better day.

I'm not feeling so good today' date=' I was sleeved on Monday so this is my 4th day out and my first full day at home. I tried to do a little walking on my treadmill which went ok but was super boring going 1mph I tried eating some apple sauce so I could take one of my meds but I threw up a little. Besides that I have a lot of pain in my shoulders from the gas. Tomorrow will be a better day.[/quote']

If I was you, I would just rest for now and not over do it.. I'm not even walking yet, until I feel better. And it's been 9 days since mine was done. I felt horrible today and very dizzy, but my blood pressure was low, and they had to lower my dose. Remember, to give your self time to heal before working out. Rome wasn't built in a day, and this is something you don't want to rush. My Dr. told me if I started to feel tired to listen to my body, and get rest!! I don't want to jeopardize getting a leak. I know that in a couple of weeks, even days, I will feel better. So each day that I do I can pick up my pace.

As for taking my meds, some don't taste so good, but I'm excited to see that in just a little over a week they already lowered my blood pressure med, and hopefully I will be off all the other's. I read where one lady was off her BP meds after only 3 weeks post -op. How awesome is that!!! Good luck to you, and remember a min, hr, day at a time...before we know it, we will be feeling wonderful!!

I'm 4 days post op & still have the bruised feeling. It's worse on the left side. I'm a side sleeper with a body pillow. The day of my surgery after they got me to my room, I only had one pillow & had to use a blanket like my body pillow. I mainly can lay on my right side and I think was cos the pain ball with drain on the left side was in the way. I try hard not to laugh right now cos it hurts when I do like after being really sick & vomiting/dry heaving for a long period of time. Of course I was dry heaving all day after my surgery on 6/27. Zofran helped & dilaudid made me go to sleep but as soon as it started to wear off several hours later I would wake up dry heaving. Had to wait until 8:30a on 6/28 for barium upper GI toake sure no leaks. Nothing to "eat" for 33 hours prolly contributed to that.

I have noticed that even though I am still sore if I get up & walk around my house (can't go outside cos it's like 110 here o_O) the tenderness seems to be working itself out. Kinda like when you fatigue your muscles lifting weight. Every day just gets better though.

I'm 4 days out and feeling really good. I sleep on my side or my back. On my side I start with holding a small pillow, but let it go once I'm settled. I walk for a minimum of an hour a day. I started out doing 10 minutes at a time and worked my way up to 30 minutes at a time. It's really hot here, too, so I go out early in the morning while it's still a little cool and as the sun is setting (again cooler). I'm getting in a minimum of 64 oz of liquids a day and 60-70g of Protein using shakes and powders in my Soups. I was pretty active before surgery, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with how quickly I seemed to have bounced back.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I'm 4 days out and feeling really good. I sleep on my side or my back. On my side I start with holding a small pillow' date=' but let it go once I'm settled. I walk for a minimum of an hour a day. I started out doing 10 minutes at a time and worked my way up to 30 minutes at a time. It's really hot here, too, so I go out early in the morning while it's still a little cool and as the sun is setting (again cooler). I'm getting in a minimum of 64 oz of liquids a day and 60-70g of Protein using shakes and powders in my Soups. I was pretty active before surgery, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with how quickly I seemed to have bounced back.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

This past week I ended up in the hospital, but it wasn't because of my sleeve leaking, but my blood pressure was very low, and when I went to my regular dr. they did an EKG and it was different from the one done on the 12th of June prior to my surgery. Every time I would try to walk, I got so winded and my legs would hurt so bad. I still feel a bit sick to my stomach, but hopefully soon I can get moving and lose more weight. I have been at a stand still for the past 5 days. UGH....I'm ready to move on. I wish the best for all of you. I don't regret it one bit, I know that I will be doing better here in the near future. I also still get very tired really easy. But tomorrow is a new day!!!

I'm 4 days out and feeling really good. I sleep on my side or my back. On my side I start with holding a small pillow' date=' but let it go once I'm settled. I walk for a minimum of an hour a day. I started out doing 10 minutes at a time and worked my way up to 30 minutes at a time. It's really hot here, too, so I go out early in the morning while it's still a little cool and as the sun is setting (again cooler). I'm getting in a minimum of 64 oz of liquids a day and 60-70g of Protein using shakes and powders in my Soups. I was pretty active before surgery, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with how quickly I seemed to have bounced back.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

I understand how you feel I am now 12 days out and I feel great but I have been feeling great since pretty much day 4 or 5...I never had issue with pain or introducing stuff to my diet...this has gone so well I am scared something is going to go wrong :) I am going to my first post op appt on Tuesday as of today I am down over 13lbs since surgery...I am so happy I did this I feel like it's the best decision I have ever made for myself :)

And to all others who may or may not be having a hard time...everyone is right it DOES get better every single day...just keep pushing on...everyday you will get stronger, lose more weight, soon be able to eat different things...trust me it gets better :)

I am about 2 weeks out and feel really good! I'm ready to workout!

I'll be two weeks post-op tomorrow, and I'm doing remarkably well. I do have a little discomfort around my incisions, but not bad enough to take something for it. (I've not used any of the Roxicet prescribed for me, and have only taken Tylenol once, the first day I was home from the hospital.)

I've been walking on a treadmill every day since last Thursday, and am back up to walking an hour straight. I'm increasing my speed a little every day...today I was at 2.4 mph. I've discovered that if I drink 8 oz of Muscle Milk prior to walking, and 8 oz more immediately following my walk, I don't get wobbly. Having enough Protein on-board really does make a difference for me! (Oh yeah...and I drink between 12 and 16 oz of Water while I'm walking....hydrate hydrate hydrate!!)

I've not had any issues with my diet, really....except that I have very little desire to eat (well, drink...I'm still on modified liquids). I've been able to get between 70 and 80 grams of Protein every day, and am pushing Water (or other non-protein liquids) heavily...80-100 ounces/day. I'm experiencing a pretty strong negative feeling, regarding food...I'm not sure if its a form of mourning, or what, but I'm working through it, hoping it'll get better, when I'm actually able to put real food in my mouth again.

As for my weight loss, I have been truly amazed! I've lost 16.4 pounds since the morning of my surgery!! I know it won't always be this easy, or this dramatic, but I'm going to work it for all its worth!! I have absolutely no regrets, and am looking forward to my first follow-up appointment, on July 11th!

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery, and a wonderfully healthy new life! :)

I'll be two weeks post-op tomorrow' date=' and I'm doing remarkably well. I do have a little discomfort around my incisions, but not bad enough to take something for it. (I've not used any of the Roxicet prescribed for me, and have only taken Tylenol once, the first day I was home from the hospital.)

I've been walking on a treadmill every day since last Thursday, and am back up to walking an hour straight. I'm increasing my speed a little every day...today I was at 2.4 mph. I've discovered that if I drink 8 oz of Muscle Milk prior to walking, and 8 oz more immediately following my walk, I don't get wobbly. Having enough Protein on-board really does make a difference for me! (Oh yeah...and I drink between 12 and 16 oz of Water while I'm walking....hydrate hydrate hydrate!!)

I've not had any issues with my diet, really....except that I have very little desire to eat (well, drink...I'm still on modified liquids). I've been able to get between 70 and 80 grams of Protein every day, and am pushing Water (or other non-protein liquids) heavily...80-100 ounces/day. I'm experiencing a pretty strong negative feeling, regarding food...I'm not sure if its a form of mourning, or what, but I'm working through it, hoping it'll get better, when I'm actually able to put real food in my mouth again.

As for my weight loss, I have been truly amazed! I've lost 16.4 pounds since the morning of my surgery!! I know it won't always be this easy, or this dramatic, but I'm going to work it for all its worth!! I have absolutely no regrets, and am looking forward to my first follow-up appointment, on July 11th!

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery, and a wonderfully healthy new life! :)[/quote']

I"m so happy for you!! I wish I could start to walk, but I get so winded. Maybe because they did the hernia surgery also. If anyone else is going through this please let me know. Good luck to all.