Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheese killing...

ROFLMAO @ StrawartS. You are funny.

I have something to say but in the intrest of peace on this board, I am not going to defend or deny any action, I think for myself to take a deep breath and although I want to do only good here, that means I must not pour salt into a wound for no other reason then to defend my own self intrests.

I came here to LBT to get support , to give support and to maybe have a little fun along the way, unfortunaly at THIS time many of us are over sensative due to the days drama,, and for thats I am sad..

I will be tainted and dissapointed now that the place where I have come to for support has turned to a high school yard .. suddenly I dont feel its worth the effort..

some one send me a email vegaswildflower@hotmail.com if anything chages.

Disallusioned and dissapointed ,

Paula

The thread killers do not go into any threads that pertain to the lapband. They kill threads in an attempt to get the board back to the subject at hand. Losing weight. They try to drive people away from the drama of the board wars, and the popularity fights. they try to make people lose intrest in the threads that are driving people apart, and focus on the new people, and the issues and problems that face us all. Isn't that what you really want? For the threads to die and go away, and the fighting to stop? To say the cheesy posts and thread killing is upsetting is to say that you prefer that the drama continue and the wars blaze on. I guess some are here for that. Others prefer to talk about food, and eating, and losing weight.

I recently started a thread about religion. One member went into the thread about "Thread Killers" and asked for reinforcements to go onto the religion thread and Kill it. That person then PM'd me and apologized for stirring up trouble" The cheesers entered the thread, posted a few silly comments about cheese and such, and then read the thread and decided their services weren't required (I assume) and left the thread alone and it contuinues at this time.. What started out as an angry post by me (I apologized for the angry outburst) turned into a productive thread with conversations about athiest, agnostic and christian beliefs. How was that right to go into a thread and ask for reinforcements to come kill a thread and for those people to "attack"? And by the way.. my post was in the Rant and Raves area that says it is for fighting and arguing and to enter at your own risk.. so how is it anyones job to kill that thread when the owner made a place for us to fight and argue???

Just questions here.. not personally attacking any one person..

Kathy

Other than the "Thread Killers" thread I am really not sure what everyone's talking about, but I can be sure it has a few popular folks involved. Whatever it was, I hope it's done with.

As much as I like the majority of the people who play in the "Thread Killer" thread . . . you all know me, you know I like you, but . . .

I have to agree. Trying to killing a thread or even defuse a thread isn't your job, or mine. If the tension of the thread in question is too much, the best way to defuse it or kill it is to walk away from it without posting.

There will always be threads that are uncomfortable or unpleasant. If you really want to make them go away, you have to be able to walk away.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I AM saying it's confusing and annoying to new people and to people who DO want to read or participate in those particular threads.

Still friends?

Thank you. I appreciate you being able to see another (not better) point of view.

I recently started a thread about religion. One member went into the thread about "Thread Killers" and asked for reinforcements to go onto the religion thread and Kill it. That person then PM'd me and apologized for stirring up trouble" The cheesers entered the thread, posted a few silly comments about cheese and such, and then read the thread and decided their services weren't required (I assume) and left the thread alone and it contuinues at this time.. What started out as an angry post by me (I apologized for the angry outburst) turned into a productive thread with conversations about athiest, agnostic and christian beliefs. How was that right to go into a thread and ask for reinforcements to come kill a thread and for those people to "attack"? And by the way.. my post was in the Rant and Raves area that says it is for fighting and arguing and to enter at your own risk.. so how is it anyones job to kill that thread when the owner made a place for us to fight and argue???

Just questions here.. not personally attacking any one person..

Kathy

I am aware of the thread you are talking about, and I was not here for it during that time. Here is my take on things...

Your thread was in the appropriate place, unlike this thread and Lisa's (aka Fitter aka Delarla) thread. It also was a rant in general about all of the fighting and stuff going on. I think that people handled themselves a lot better in your thread, IMHO, than they did in Lisa's thread, esp Lisa's very pointed, and some unsubstantiated rants. The people, myself included, thought it would be more humane to try an redirect an off topic thread with off topic posts. But the board wants blood. People want to fight. And I, along with the other cheese posters, gave those people yet one more thing to get mad at.

Oh yeah, and if anyone for one second felt that those who were posting about cheese were doing so to push cheese on newbies...pm me. and we'll chat. *snicker* the melodrama in this place is sickening sometimes.

I'm very sorry that I posted this thread "in the wrong place" and that many of the thread killing people took offense to a polite request to curb (not eliminate) the cheese thread killing.

People were afraid they would be "attacked" if they expressed their views in a thread with this topic and I can now see that their fears were justified. All I wanted to do was express a DIFFERENT point of view. You see thread killing as getting the board back on topic and as a peace keeping mission. Others don't see it that way. Can't we just agree to disagree?

Again, I regret starting this thread and if you want to give anyone flack for not posting in the correct place (wherever that is) please direct it to me and not to others who share my opinion.

Sorry, but I still feel the whole "threadkiller", "cheese" and "what is a PB" comments are all inappropriate. I guess my question is, was there an official vote appointing a few select people as threadkillers or cheeseheads or whatever it is they are called? Is this a new position that Alex created in addition to the moderators? Or, did they appoint themselves without first questioning whether their services were truly needed or appreciated by everyone else?

this thread is not about thelap band. it should have been posted in the rant and rave forum. that is why it was created. there are other threads that should have been started there too. no biggie. just stating the rules. i am not just pointing to your one thread.

I am NOT giving you flack dear. I am just responding to your "attack" on the thread killers. simple. if responding to that iswrong, i guess I am not allowed to share my reasons for doing the things i do. i will just sit quietly while others give me "flack"

Ok, come on you all. Geesh. This stuff over the past week has everyone on edge and extra sensative. This thread isnt doing anyone any good.

Can we stop now. Please can we just stop? It's getting down right sickening. And if you'll all stop and take a step back and look around, the ones who stirred all of us up arent even in this thread. They are sitting back laughing.

Stop. Please. Stop.

As for my PB joke - I apologize from the bottom of my heart. I was not meaning to make fun of anyone. It was a joke in bad taste and I feel like crap for not seeing that before I posted. Tension has been so high, emotions running amock. Please, accept my apology and lets stop now.

Please.

Sorry, but I still feel the whole "threadkiller", "cheese" and "what is a PB" comments are all inappropriate. I guess my question is, was there an official vote appointing a few select people as threadkillers or cheeseheads or whatever it is they are called? Is this a new position that Alex created in addition to the moderators? Or, did they appoint themselves without first questioning whether their services were truly needed or appreciated by everyone else?

you know, i have talked to a mod about this already, and you might even see that mods participated. its all in jest. can we be less touchy?? no alex did not appoint the thread killers. if you go to the rants and raves section and read about the thread killers you can see where it all started. its just a bunch of people that are sick and tired of the fighting on here!! and some chose to try and get some fighting to stop using these techniques. its actually used on a lot of other boards as a tried and true technique, and keeps the warring to a minimum. I have already apologized, and so has dawg, plus we have explained it OVER and OVER again. if you read through the whole post you will see that.

this thread is not about thelap band. it should have been posted in the rant and rave forum. that is why it was created. there are other threads that should have been started there too. no biggie. just stating the rules. i am not just pointing to your one thread.

I am NOT giving you flack dear. I am just responding to your "attack" on the thread killers. simple. if responding to that iswrong, i guess I am not allowed to share my reasons for doing the things i do. i will just sit quietly while others give me "flack"

WOW. This was an "attack?" If you read my original and subsequent posts, it was most certainly NOT an attack. However, if you see it that way, I'm sorry. I thought differing points of views could be openly expressed but once again, it black or white. So, it's definitely time for this thread to die and you most certainly (and expected) to have the final word.

Again, to those who agreed with my point of view and got negative responses, I truly am sorry. I'm out of here...

One member went into the thread about "Thread Killers" and asked for reinforcements to go onto the religion thread and Kill it. That person then PM'd me and apologized for stirring up trouble" The cheesers entered the thread, posted a few silly comments about cheese and such, and then read the thread and decided their services weren't required (I assume) and left the thread alone and it contuinues at this time.. What started out as an angry post by me (I apologized for the angry outburst) turned into a productive thread with conversations about athiest, agnostic and christian beliefs. How was that right to go into a thread and ask for reinforcements to come kill a thread and for those people to "attack"?

It was ME! I did that...I went to the Thread Killers thread and asked for reinforcements to kill the thread. My thinking, at the time, was that few were understanding the intent of the Rant (which I got), and all kinds of heated posts were popping up due to the misunderstanding. Then NurseKathy made it right and the thread has been great since.

My point is, I shouldn't have egged that on, I wish I hadn't, and I apologized and offered to delete my posts because Thread Killing wasn't in order. It doesn't always work, and Thread Killing can get out of hand as much as Rants and Raves can. I learned something that day, that a post or two of cheese talk diffuses much more nicely than 2 pages of cheese talk. And that I shouldn't stir pots. I generally don't. Sure wish I could go back.

So, I think I have fallen onto the other side of the Cheesy Thread Killing. It WAS funny, but then it got NOT funny. Especially today. Oh well. I'm sorry again.

What a day on LBT. I'll be happy to sleep on it tonight. Maybe tomorrow won't be so dramatic. But you know I'll be logging on first thing to find out...LOL

Lighten up everyone. Please? Pretty please??

Thread killers started as one thing then got diverted into "lets see how long we can keep this going". The same thing happened to it that happened to the others. A potentially hurtful thread got turned into a fun time and the subject changed to a non hurtful, non sensical thread. Which was everyone's hope when they posted on other threads in the same spirit.

Everyone was just trying to get the mood to lighten up. No one was out to fight or make people angry, or insult, or belittle, or be in appropriate. Please? Can we all let it go now? My god. Hasnt this day been filled with enough poison? Let's start spreading some antivenom?