Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheese killing...

While I'm sure no malice is intended, I would like to respectfully request that the self-appointed thread killers call a hault to all the cheese banter. I know the intention is to "break the tension" in threads where tempers are flaring but the intention is not accomplishing its purpose. In fact, it's causing more problems than it's solving.

Since I have been on this forum, I have received a total of 6 private messages. Today, I received 15! The tone of all the PMs were related to the "thread killing group and the reason they were sent in a PM is because people are afraid to go up against this group in "public" for fear of starting another war.

If I am totally off base and the majority of posters enjoy the cheese thread killing, please disregard this message. I hope I have not offended anyone as that was not my intention. I just think it's best to bring things out into the open so problems can be shared, discussed, and solved before they become wars or before people decide to leave.

Thank you for listening and (hopefully) understanding.

Since I have been on this forum, I have received a total of 6 private messages. Today, I received 15! The tone of all the PMs were related to the "thread killing group and the reason they were sent in a PM is because people are afraid to go up against this group in "public" for fear of starting another war.

If I am totally off base and the majority of posters enjoy the cheese thread killing, please disregard this message. I

You are not off base, I too have had more then normal ammount of Pm's today expressing the same concerns. The "thread killers " think they are killing the threads, but there wil lalways be someone who will keep it going, so they can try all they want but doubtful it will kill the thread unless it gets locked.

You have my support Elizabeth, as a new person on these forums, the older members seem to be bored by the mundane questions the new people have. The thread killer conversations create more confusion and get truly aggravating to someone trying to figure out what's going on.

I'm too new here to take any sides on any subject, i'm just asking that you give us new folks the same starting shot you had when you got here.

The thread killers do not go into any threads that pertain to the lapband. They kill threads in an attempt to get the board back to the subject at hand. Losing weight. They try to drive people away from the drama of the board wars, and the popularity fights. they try to make people lose intrest in the threads that are driving people apart, and focus on the new people, and the issues and problems that face us all. Isn't that what you really want? For the threads to die and go away, and the fighting to stop? To say the cheesy posts and thread killing is upsetting is to say that you prefer that the drama continue and the wars blaze on. I guess some are here for that. Others prefer to talk about food, and eating, and losing weight.

I think that those types of posts are considered "off topic" and in some other forums would be moved or deleted. In my opinion the best thing to do to reduce tension, is simply not to post any more on that thread and move on.

With all due respect Funny I fail to see how those types of post on a thread with such tension helps. To get back to the matter at hand....we should go post on other threads that are actually about weight loss and banding. By continued posting on a thread like these recent ones, it only keeps it at the top of the list for more people to read and then post on. The best way to end tension is to let it drop.

My only problem with the cheese-killing is that it's making me hungry. And I'm supposed to be doing a pre-op diet!:faint:

I think it started out as a joke but now that it's moving from one thread to another it's getting old real fast. And to all the new people, be careful... cheese is fattening... a little goes a long way. Sorry, I'm tired and getting a little silly.

Just going to state one or two things here, just so everyone can hear it loud and clear.

1. The "thread killing" thing is pure light hearted fun. If people were truly upset and offended by the humourists trying to lighten the mood - I apologize for my part. I don't like seeing people totally upset at each other so I am happy to take part in an effort to 'lighten' the mood.

2. With regards to the rehashing of everything over and over in the various threads. I'm done with it. I have come to the conclusion that nobody is a) prepared to listen to anyone elses point of view and :) it's self defeating to try and rationalize or defend actions or comments.

3. If anyone (and I mean ANYONE) is upset at my actions, comments, or humor, I request they simply send me a PM. I am a dawg but I do not bite. If people are trully upset the only way past it is with communication. Sending a PM to a third part isn't going to help. Send it direct to the source.

I think thats all I have to say at this time. I enjoy giving people advice from my well read (but unbanded) experiences. I enjoy offering friends support. I also enjoy having a laugh with friends.

I don't enjoy drama. I find it disheartening. It's almost like we need a UN to try and hear everyones point of view and settle folks down.

I'm here to support people with the band, without the band, and who are considering getting the band.

The end.

Wow, what a bunch of sensitive..cheesy bull crap.

The thread killers do not go into any threads that pertain to the lapband. They kill threads in an attempt to get the board back to the subject at hand. Losing weight. They try to drive people away from the drama of the board wars, and the popularity fights. they try to make people lose intrest in the threads that are driving people apart, and focus on the new people, and the issues and problems that face us all. Isn't that what you really want? For the threads to die and go away, and the fighting to stop? To say the cheesy posts and thread killing is upsetting is to say that you prefer that the drama continue and the wars blaze on. I guess some are here for that. Others prefer to talk about food, and eating, and losing weight.

I guess the point is, who decides that it's time for a post to die? Isn't that the job of the moderators? I know the purpose of the tread killing group was well intentioned but, as you can see, not everyone feels the same way. Eventually posts die out naturally. Those that don't and need intervention should be brought to the attention of the moderators.

It's nice that you can find such an eloquent way to state your opinion....

Ok folks...listen up.

If you don't like the content of a thread, just move the hell on. That's all you gotta do. If you are getting 15 pms about cheese.. well golly gee. Who cares? Move on. No need to pull up a pillow, hug it and cry. Get a backbone already. Roll your eyes and make sound effects like "hmph".

Actually mine was sincere sensitive cheesy bull crap.

:)