Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

But I Do Wanna Be A Size 6

You go girl. Picture your self in those jeans. And you will get there. Im size 6 pant. N large top. 34 DD DDD ladies. Ya. Boobies got Bella smaller but the cup in a 34 is also Bella smaller than a 40 DD. I tell you the 6 look small on the shelf. But I look big in them. Lol. My granny asked if I was going to loose my roll. I was sitting. I told her it's mostly loose skin. So. The size 4. 2. Rant much smaller than a 6. Soo. Here I come

Obviously, men's clothes don't come sized that way, but I can honestl say that vanity is a huge motivator for me. Clearly, I want to be healthy. Yet, I am not at all ambivalent about saying that I want to feel like I look good. I want to not be the fat guy. And yeah, I love clothes (always have) and want to again wear tailored suits and have them look good. In addition, as I told a friend, I am gonna wear fitted, slim and skinny everything, so look out!

I agree with karen, I am so looking forward to a pair of hot jeans and knee high hooker boots. I coudnt even wear ankle boots until last month(fat cankles). But I am starting to get definition in my legs.I would love to be in a single digit clothes but I can not even remember them as I have been overweight since grade school. I am looking forward to that whole new world. being healthy will just be icing on the cake.

I am starting my pre-op diet on Monday. To prepare,I went out and bought a size 6 pair of jeans and some jet black knee high boots. :D (summer clearance so I got a good deal, too) It felt good buying them.

damn straight I want to be a 6!

LOL Nursing38 "hooker boots"!! Hell yeah! I so badly want to wear dresses, short skirts and heels again!! I miss that! I want to dress up and look good! Feel pretty again! I'm ready ya'll, two days! Woot woot!!!

LOL...I've hardly ever gotten excited at all over *anything* to do with this surgery. I had hypertension and was about 80-100 lb overweight, I just figured it needed to be done. I have lost 90lb and am a size 6-8, but have never had any emotional changing-room moments, nor did I freak out when I got to quit my BP meds. I am fine to be smaller and fine to be healthier, but neither one is the making of my life -- that's up to my head and heart, and I'm always working on those, always have been. :)

It's mostly vanity for me. I want to be tiny! I want to feel good about how I look, like what I'm wearing, and not worry that I'm taking up too much space. Yes, my health is important, but wearing clothes sized in the single digits would be so exciting!

I agree with karen, I am so looking forward to a pair of hot jeans and knee high hooker boots. I coudnt even wear ankle boots until last month(fat cankles). But I am starting to get definition in my legs.I would love to be in a single digit clothes but I can not even remember them as I have been overweight since grade school. I am looking forward to that whole new world. being healthy will just be icing on the cake.

OK BETSY! You get those skinny jeans and hooker boots! I wanna see a picture of that when you make it!!!!

I like you have been overweight since grade school! I can't wait to be able to wear normal size clothes, shop ANYWHERE I DAMN WELL PLEASE!! Not have to ask to ORDER something in my size, or go into American Eagle and not find anything and have to go home and order it online since they don't carry for 40 or 42 in the store! Life is going to change so much for us and I absolutely can't wait! What a world it will be! Watch out for me is all I can say!

Johnathan

Every year our choir takes a retreat to a quaint nearby town with boutiques. Boutiques don't carry large sizes so I just look at the clothes and sigh. I want to be able to go in and try on EVERYTHING that catches my eye. I've already bought a size 6 dress for my 40th High School Reunion next year. This old lady is gonna be CUTE!

G.

Hey BETSY, nothing wrong with your dreams/goals and with this surgery "short term goals". I am just about at a size 6 and seeing bones. Posted a pic on fb and a friend called me "skinny". At first the goal was for me to get to a healthy size maybe a 9/10 again. I looked great at 9 but want to get down to 24% BMI so I have around 20 more lbs to go. I don't know about a 4 yet but it depends on how I look and feel at really skinny. I could now wear those revealing clothes/super hot clothes here in Vegas (currently on vacation) but I am too modest and can' only show all my goods to my hubby. I do wear cute shoulder revealing dresses/tops and shorts however. Good luck to you.

Lmao!!! So, I can honestly say that I really had the surgery for my health. I am a diabetic (and my blood sugar was spiraling out of control), have hbp & sleep apnea (mild case). My doctor made it clear that my meds were no longer working & that insulin was the next step...not an option!!! Since the weight wasn't coming off (thanks to the sleep apnea), bariatric surgery started looking really good.

I began my journey in December & had my surgery on June 19th. So, 19 days later I am off of all of my meds...yay! I have accomplished my main goal & now I can enjoy the mini goals...

I want to wear a size 9 Juniors!!! I can't wait!!! That's my ideal size...for now! ;)

Thanks for this post. It made me laugh out loud...literally!!!

;)

Littlebits

I agree with karen' date=' I am so looking forward to a pair of hot jeans and knee high hooker boots. I coudnt even wear ankle boots until last month(fat cankles). But I am starting to get definition in my legs.I would love to be in a single digit clothes but I can not even remember them as I have been overweight since grade school. I am looking forward to that whole new world. being healthy will just be icing on the cake.[/quote']

Lol @ hooked boots! You go girl!

Littlebits

It's mostly vanity for me. I want to be tiny! I want to feel good about how I look, like what I'm wearing, and not worry that I'm taking up too much space. Yes, my health is important, but wearing clothes sized in the single digits would be so exciting!

That taking up space thing has become a really big issue for me. I am so aware everywhere I go that I am bigger than everyone else. I can't stand sitting in a chair and feeling like I'm so squished. More than anything, I want to be able to snuggle with my DH on the couch, not take up the whole couch. And while this may all seem like we are being shallow or vain, really, all these things; not fitting, not feeling like we belong, not being able to buy clothes, all affect our emotional health. That is just as important as our physical health, which is driving this whole process. Absolutely no apologies owed or needed from everyone. We've spent our lives on that, and it gets us nowhere.

That taking up space thing has become a really big issue for me. I am so aware everywhere I go that I am bigger than everyone else. I can't stand sitting in a chair and feeling like I'm so squished. More than anything, I want to be able to snuggle with my DH on the couch, not take up the whole couch. And while this may all seem like we are being shallow or vain, really, all these things; not fitting, not feeling like we belong, not being able to buy clothes, all affect our emotional health. That is just as important as our physical health, which is driving this whole process. Absolutely no apologies owed or needed from everyone. We've spent our lives on that, and it gets us nowhere.

Couldn't agree more. It's that basic human need to feel normal, wanted and that we "fit in". Even though I'm just 10# from goal I do struggle a little bit with this believe it or not. I look great with clothes on- don't get me wrong, I'm THRILLED beyond belief on that note. It's when the clothes come off that reality hits each and everytime. Going to have to work on accepting what I have done to my body until and/or if there is a time that plastics will be an option.