Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision From Band To Sleeve With Cigna Insurance

I was wondering if anyone knew does Cigna require a revision to do a Psych. Eval. before approving? When I read the policy requirements for revision it did not say anything about it . The patient advocate told me I needed that before she could file but after reviewing the requirements for revision that is not mentioned? I made an appointment but can't get in until July 30th so long what a drag.

Anyway is it really required?

To my knowledge most people need to get the psych eval. Its a simple procedure from what i've heard. Don't cancel that one, just try and see if you can find a private psychologist or psychiatrist that takes your insurance and has an opening sooner than July 30. That's what i did with one of my pre op exams. It was scheduled in May for Julyy 11 and i saw a different doctor May 23. Since you've had the surgery already i'm sure you don't need it again. Call Cigna and ask. Good Luck!!!

I have Cigna and have been approved. I think all you have to have is medical necessity. I did not have to do the psyche eval or much else. My band had slipped and I have gastritis and esophagitis. Pain etc. Wt gain due to Fluid removed from band. It took longer to get the Dr. office to send the info to the ins. co than it did for Cigna approval. So far Cigna rocks. I called to see if they had my paper work and I was told they review the request within a day or 2. Revision is totally different from a new surgery because you had to have all that stuff for a lapband and there is really no need to do it all again. Waste of everyone's time and money. Good luck to you. Hopefully you can get approved right away.

I have had trouble with severe heartburn so I have not been able to have a fill which has caused me to gain weight without any restriction. I sure hope I get approved as fast as you did. My patient advocate was to send in my paperwork this past week I will need to email her to make sure she did infact get it done. When will you get your surgery?

Good luck to you, as well.

Cigna did approve me fast, but it has been a long process. The Fluid was removed from my band in Dec of last yr. and the surgeon I used before decided to move out of state so I had to get another one. It has been one thing after another, but none due to Cigna. I have gained 20 lbs, :wub: Love to eat. My surgery is July 10th. I have a wonderful surgeon so hopefully it will be a great success. You should follow up with the advocate and I would call the ins. co. just to make sure they did get the paperwork. If I have learn one thing it is that followup is key. Again Good luck getting your surgery approved.

I have a date August 14th how long before your revision? I am ready excited and nervous at the same time.

Happy, safe 4th Holiday

I have been on my pre op diet and have lost 10.2 lbs so far and my surgery is on August 14th. It has gone pretty good I have not been hungry really but my doctor allows you to drink 2 Protein Drinks a day , and one meal can be a palm size piece of lean meat, and non starchy vegetable and 4 sugar free Snacks a day like sugar free popsicles and or, sugar free Jello for 2 weeks prior to surgery.

Hope you are still doing good and having great success. I will let you know how it goes after my surgery.

Peggy