Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Months Out And Looking For Easy High Protein Snacks

Pickles in cottage cheese? Wow, I'll have to try that at lunch tomorrow. Love cottage cheese!

I love tuna and cottage cheese. I make it a lot and have for years. I throw in a chopped hard boiled egg too. A little Mrs. Dash, sometimes I add frozen green peas, or celery, or pickles, or chopped apple, or pine nuts. Yummy!!!

Other ideas would be hard boiled eggs or egg salad.

chicken strips. Hormel makes their Natural Choice line that is w/out nitrates and nitrites. Can be found in the packaged lunch meat section of the grocery store.

Flavored cream cheese spread. I use the garden vegetable w/cucumber and carrot slices. Don't know if you can do veggies yet, tho.

I keep a jar of Peanut Butter and a container of cashews in my desk drawer at work too.

@ LouiseC I thought I was the only one who loved tuna mixed with cottage cheese

I have been obsessed with that for years!!

Plus my 100 calorie dry roasted almonds, yumm.

Another good go to snack: turkey jerkey!

Love it, since my doc said no beef for a year!!

Turkey Patties are awesome too!

Tilapia is an great source of high Protein.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

tuna and cottage cheese? I must be missing out because I had never heard of such a Protein combination until I read this thread. I can't wait to share with at my 3 months post-op group appointment next month. Thanks for the suggestion all =)

tuna and cottage cheese? I must be missing out because I had never heard of such a Protein combination until I read this thread. I can't wait to share with at my 3 months post-op group appointment next month. Thanks for the suggestion all =)

I started doing that probably about 20 yrs ago when I did the Richard Simmons Diet. Can or pouch of tuna, plus cottage cheese- I add about 1/2 a cup or so, sometimes more, doesn't matter, it's a preference thing. Plus a chopped hard boiled egg, Mrs. Dash or Lemon Pepper to taste. If it's a little dry then a smidge of mayo can be added. I like to add a little mustard to mine. Not too much tho. Then for crunch, anything goes really, frozen peas, pine nuts, Water chestnuts, pickles, celery, radishes, apples, whatever you have on hand or sounds good.

I have been taking my Prevacid so I dont think thatis the issue. I have tried the jerkey and i feel like that is so salty. I have done peanutbutter but they also warned me about the fat in that. I feel like no matter what there is too much salt or fat and that all we are left with is fish. Dont get me wrong fish is good but lord how much can one person eat. I do like this jiffy pop idea. I never thought about putting Peanut Butter on popcorn.< /p>

The Protein Bars they sell are so caloric as well. I did see a receipe for one and was going to try that. It seems like it might be better than the store bought ones. :)

I really appreciate your ideas and i will use some of them that I am not already using. Im on a stall yet again and it has only been 2 months... just getting frustrated yet again...

Hi Juli,

I have found lots of good Snacks on dietdirect.com They have Protein pretzels, chips, bars, etc.

One of my favorites is the Ostrim meat Stick Snack... a combo of lean beef and ostrich. 80 calories per stick, 1.5 grams of fat, 3 grams of carbs and 14 grams of protein. A great pick me up. They come in four flavors... I have tried natural and pepper... with pepper being my favorite.

I have to lose 32 pounds before my revision surgery in September. I have been doing Protein Shakes for Breakfast and lunch... and one or two meat sticks when I need a pick me up. I have lost 23 pounds so far with 9 more to go before my surgery.

Cheers, Dottie

love the ideas, thanks MamaM...

They sell some of that ostrich jerkey at smoothie factory too. I just haven't been able to bring myself to trying it yet though....

I keep the 100 calorie packs of almonds in my desk, a variety of ready to eat tuna packs (some in my desk, some in the fridge), string cheese, and Perky Jerky--beef & turkey varieties. The Perky Jerky does contain Guarana which is an "energy" item, so they make a great midmorning, pre work out snack, or late afternoon pick me up snack.

@ LouiseC I thought I was the only one who loved tuna mixed with cottage cheese

I have been obsessed with that for years!!

Plus my 100 calorie dry roasted almonds, yumm.

Another good go to snack: turkey jerkey!

Love it, since my doc said no beef for a year!!

Turkey Patties are awesome too!

Tilapia is an great source of high Protein.

Why no beef for a year? Just asking. Wanted to know if I should try that.

@ Jazzmin

My Doctor said it is much to hard to digest.

Plus, other sources offer more protein!

Like tilapia and salmon.

I don't really miss it that much!

Well, I do miss carne asada

But its ok, there is plenty of other options out there!

I am in love with a small can of flavoured tuna mixed well with equal amount of cottage cheese. Sounds awful' date=' I know, and looks pretty awful too, but it tastes great and has become my workplace meal.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

OMG! I thought i was the only person on the planet that eat tuna and cottage cheese, been eating that for like 20 years! WOOHOO, im not the only gross one !! LOL

@ Jazzmin

My Doctor said it is much to hard to digest.

Plus, other sources offer more protein!

Like tilapia and salmon.

I don't really miss it that much!

Well, I do miss carne asada

But its ok, there is plenty of other options out there!

carne asada is my fav!

A daily snack staple for me is almonds and sunflower seeds. Tasty, crunchy, salty, and they have fiber!