Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two Months Out And Looking For Easy High Protein Snacks

Hey all. I'm reaching out to all my sleeves for help! I sit at a desk all day and don't have easy access to a microwave. I'm looking for Snacks that I can keep in a cooler at my desk. Right now I keep lunch meat, chicken salads etc and cheese. I'm getting very bored and if I don't eat every few hours I'm starving. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I need hep from u veterans

First thing I would ask is are you taking an acid reducer (or PPI - Protein pump inhibitor) such as Omeprazole? I find that when I don't eat for several hours and haven't taken my PPI, I feel "hungry" as well. REALLY hungry. But if I take some Tums or my PPI, the hunger goes away. So it's not really hunger for me....it's acid reflux!

That being said, maybe you really are hungry! So in that case, I would recommend you visit a fantastic blog written by a women who had the RNY bypass surgery. It is: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.ca/. She has many many many amazing recipes, ideas, insights, etc.

I'm sure you'll find some creative ideas to keep yourself from being bored, and keep the Protein level high!

Good luck!

I just tried beef Jerky nuggets today & they were good.

I also do magic pop with PB on it.

What is Magic Pop?? I am also having a very hard time getting in protein..

I eat nuts. They sell 100 calorie packs of almonds at target or I'll put some pistachios in a baggie so I don't over eat. I've. I've been thinking about getting some good Jerky also.

pepperoni chips!

greek yogurt dip (sweetened with Torani syrup) for fruits

pre-made meat & cheese roll-ups

SF Protein Jello

SF hard candies (for the love of all that is holy, dont accidently swallow!)

Jerky

babybell cheeses

I have been eating Baken-Ets, which are fried pork skins and eat 1/2 a serving (about 4-5 pieces). Also, I found hard boiled eggs in a package for $2.99 at Trader Joe's which are a good snack also. I can only handle one egg in a sitting at the moment, but it's good Protein and very filling. Other things I've had are Laughing Cow Light Swiss cheese wedges and Babybel Light cheese (the circle kind that covered in red wax).

Weight watchers smoked string cheese 50 calories 6 gms portien individually wrapped can be carried all day in your purse..for times when you are out longer than expected.

Fiber one fudge brownie 90 calories 1 gm protien 5 gm Fiber individually wrapped are also good becasue they feel like a treat and I find it hard to get enough fiber somedays

I am in love with a small can of flavoured tuna mixed well with equal amount of cottage cheese. Sounds awful, I know, and looks pretty awful too, but it tastes great and has become my workplace meal.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I always have a couple of Quest Protein bars that I keep in my purse. They don't need refrigeration and taste really good to me. I eat one half at a time. The Premier Nutrition Protein Bars are also really good. They are a little higher in carbs but really high in protein, so it makes for a good snack. You'll probably only be able to eat half if that.

Hey all. I'm reaching out to all my sleeves for help! I sit at a desk all day and don't have easy access to a microwave. I'm looking for Snacks that I can keep in a cooler at my desk. Right now I keep lunch meat' date=' chicken salads etc and cheese. I'm getting very bored and if I don't eat every few hours I'm starving. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I need hep from u veterans[/quote']

I have been eating Multi grain pop cakes. No sugar 15 calories each. I find them to be very satisfying. One other food is a great snack is laughing cow lite cheese Snacks 35 calories

Starkist sandwich ready albacore tuna in the pouch. 3.5 oz. Doens't need refrigerated until opened. My faborite lunch i eat it everyday.Costco sells the small 1.5 oz. individual bags of really good beef Jerky, and also Trader Joes sells the nuts and fruit trail mix in little individual bags. Also cheese sticks, babybel cheese, if you drink one or two rtd Protein Drinks a day that also takes away hunger. Luna makes small Protein bars that are really good and taste just like a candy bar!

Dill pickles will cut you appetite, if you like them. I dice the spears into small pieces (with the peel removed as I do not tolerate them well) and mix with cottage cheese. Sounds gross, but it is awesome. I sometimes also add black olives...only 5 calories each and good nutritionally. Yummy...I think I'll have some now. :) Kathe