Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! I haven't had surgery yet. But, I definitely understand how your feeling. I would say just breathe, say a prayer and focus on the positive aspects of the surgery. You'll be fine! Let us know how everything works out for you. Congratulations & Good Luck tomorrow :) !!!

I'm new and my surgery is tomorrow. I have so many emotions running through me right now. Any advice.

I'm tomorrow too. I'm just trying to get through the Dulcolax-induced drama. Lol. No advice really, just hang in there and go get packed. :)

I am to tomorrow too, I need to pack, I need to know if I need an abdominal wrap? So many questions...

I am to tomorrow too' date=' I need to pack, I need to know if I need an abdominal wrap? So many questions...[/quote']

No one said anything to me about it and my husband didn't have one. I know what you mean, I feel prepared but I know something will pop up at the last minute! Lol Good luck! :)

make sure you have your Protein ready for when you come home and sf popsicles. GOOD LUCK to all tomorrow

Thank you! I know when I had my c-section it helped healing to have the wrap on, maybe I will just bring my spanks?

During your first days home do u concentrate more on getting down 60-80 g Protein or 48oz of Fluid? I've read some people hardly sipped much of anything.

You concentrate on fluids first. Protein will come in time. always try to get protein in but don't expect to make goals the first couple weeks. It's extremely important to stay hydrated. Work on the fluids... Sip sip sip.

Thank u so much

I'm in the group tomorrow too - I'm so excited !!! I started packing and organizing and well, probably over doing anything that's needed (like writing down all sorts of "in the hospital" and "when I'm home" lists for my mom who is taking care of me). I'm a dork - but I have to do something with all the excited energy - I know I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Good luck my fellow 13th sleevers - can't wait til we're all on the losers bench this time tomorrow !!

Hi all I am 9 weeks out. Good luck to all of you! Make sure you have your Protein Shakes ready. Be prepared if you have lactose intolerance afterward..I was after surgery..so have a back up plan for Soy or fat free Lactaid. I have really enjoyed EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control shakes. 17g of Protein for 11oz for 2 net carbs. I also use Unjury protein shakes and enjoyed then. Remember Water may not go down well at first..it's ok to have other fluids as long as you get in what your RD recommends. Cold fluids hurt me..maybe not you all so take that with a grain of salt. I enjoyed room temp and warm fluids for the first 2-3 weeks. You may (will) experience diarrhea ..I had it horrible but that's because I became lactose intolerant after my surgery. Now this next part you may not experience..everyone is very different but I personally experienced the worst nausea of my entire life for the first 48 hours. I literally wanted to die and asked what the hell have I done. Once the 48 hours was over it was better and got better with each passing day. Now..I don't have problems..but I stick to my diet. And ..my hospital gave me a me abdominal belt so if you ask I am sure you will get one..but I would pack it in case. Wear the most comfortable clothes you got..who cares if it has holes. I has a 2 1/2 hour drive home..I needed comfort. Also walk..just walk. When you go home and you have more than 30 minutes travel from the hospital..stop every 30 minutes and walk around the car a few times..this can help prevent clots ( was recommended by my doc..I didn't have clots..and if I think of anything else I will come back and post! Good luck to you..it is not an easy journey...but it is one I would do again in a heartbeat and am still kicking myself for not doing it years ago!!!

Oh and look for recipes mushy foods for the sleeve..they are everywhere and check out the website called the world according to eggface..she has some great recipes there as well!