Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

PB'ing and concerns!

Hi Everyone,

I've had little issue with this up til the past two weeks or so. I have pb'ed 3 times... first time ever in 2 months, have been eating very slowly etc but [i know its a bad choice - bread sticks awfully!] In any case, is this a lot to PB, as I am a bit worried about it and moving back to mushy food for a while.

I got my first fill as a 5cc in a 9cc band, which at the time seemed like a heck of a lot to me but I can still eat almost regularly albeit much much slower.

Any thoughts, or words of advice, other than to not rush? Have I done damage to myself etc????

Worriedly yours,

sonriose :hungry:

You say you've PB'd 3 times in 2 weeks. In comparison to some who seem to PB daily, this doesn't sound like an awful lot, or enough to really be overly concerned (ie. to do any serious damage), but it may be a warning to you now that you've had a quite a big fill to really take things more slowly and be careful with certain kinds of foods. Could you call your doctor and ask his opinion on whether you may be a tad too tight?

Dear Worried,

You are taking the right approach now, by going back to liquids and mushy foods after your PB episode. But no one can tell if you have done damage but your doc with an Upper GI.

That said, my advice would be in the future whenever you get more saline added to your band and you are pretty tight, don't eat foods that will trigger PBing, such as thick bread, burger, fries and fried foods. Plus we should NOT be eating these anyway "IF" we are serious about losing weight.:)

Good luck

Hi Nana,

thansk yes you are absolutely right, but I am very serious about losing weight. Im not losing fast enough.... but we never are... still 20lb in 2 months is okay?? In any case I am honestly not loading up on it... I had a slice of wheat bread with some mashed banana literally as all today so far, as i lost most of it... and the previous time... ok i was being bad... i ate some chicken... it was too tough and even well chewed was a stupid idea so I know better for next time! You are very right though, it is definitely a warning and I need to be very very careful in future.

My doctor wanted me to be tight enough that all i could eat were liquids and yoghurt for a while longer and I did that for 2 weeks and gradually introduced some softer foods, the bread was a very recent thing I clearly should not be doing. I probably wont be able to get hold of my doc though for a couple more weeks til i see him again but will talk to him as he requires monthly checkups.

Thanks so much for the replies... I was getting quite stressed here Anaed and Nana!

Hope you are both having a good day - Nana your weight loss is amazing! we are more or less the same... im 217 and going to start exercising with a vengance now also!

Sx

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches