Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanks so much! i'm up and leaving soon! My stomach is in knots, but I know this is going to be great! Will keep you posted when I am out of surgery!

Hope all went well!!! How funny I saw ur username and I'm also a jen from south fla!!! I'm pretty sure there is a bunch lol. I am getting sleeved tomorrow!!!! So excited!!!

Surgery went well, however after a cesarean and a heart surgery, this is, without a doubt the worst pain I have ever experienced!! I am keeping my head up though because pain is only temporary but the results of this surgery will effect the rest of my life!!

Where in south Florida are you from?

Thanks great that the surgery went well hope the pain subsides soon!! I am in Miramar!!!

Oh awesome! Have you already been sleeved? Maybe we can be work out buddies =)

And you? I am getting sleeved tomorrow!!! So excited !!!!

Omg wow. What a coincidence! We really are sleeve sisters!! I live in Davie (university and Griffin rd) but I got sleeved by Dr.Eckstein @ Hollywood bariatrics at memorial regional.

Im getting sleeved by Dr Matei at memorial regional also lol.

How funny!.... What time do you have to be here if you are still awake? I had to be here at 8am and got onto the operating table at 10:10am. Good luck and keep me posted!

I am actually on the way there have to be there at 530. Were u able to rest at all

Before surgery I didn't get to rest because like 10 different people come and talk to you. However after surgery I slept ALL day and woke up at 8:30 pm, which is why I am up now and haven't been able to sleep all night. My upper go test is supposed to be about 8 this morning then FINALLY I will get to sip Water. Funny that I couldn't eat or drink anything today and my stomach isn't growling and I am not even a little hungry. i'm impressed by this surgery already!! You should be here now... Good luck again, and congrats on your new life!

Congrats & good luck Jennifer!

Little Bits

Yay!! I got the clearance from the doctor saying I can go home. I had to stay an extra day since I had a pretty significant size hiatal hernia that had to be repaired during surgery. Which is causing a lot of extra pain and pressure. The doctor came in a pulled out the drainage tube and that was that strangest feeling, I guess I was expecting to barely feel it and it was not very pleasant. I am still walking and getting around good, I can't wait to shower and lay in my own bed!! Although I have been pretty miserable the past two days I am so glad I went through with this surgery, and can't wait to start seeing results!!

What DID u put in your hospital bag. Besides what the doctor's notes said to pack I heard gas-x strips. My surgery is 6-18

I packed a toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant and chapstick... Well those are the things I actually used.

Other things in my bag that did not get used were socks (the hospital gives you ones with traction)

, a robe (its much easier to just keep your hospital gown on, and if you feel exposed they will give you a second one to put on backwards), a heating pad which is apparently a big no no after surgery, mints which I thought would cure my dry mouth after surgery but you aren't allowed anything in your mouth besides toothpaste which is why it is important to bring one that you like because the hospitals sucks, I brought ear plugs and an eye mask that I never used since I had my own room, I also brought gas x strips that I never used because they dont do anything for the anesthesia gas, and the tummy gas went away with the anti nausea medicine they were giving me. they supplied me with plenty of blankets and pillows. So I packed a very small bag and I was definitely over prepared lol the only thing I would have brought other than the things I actually used would be crystal light packets since they only gave me lemonade flavored packets and it was too acidic for my tummy so I just drank plain Water. Hope this helps =)