Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Is Just So Frustrating! Doctor Selection....

I am scheduled for next week, and I'm scared and excited and having all of the expected emotions. But I'm still very happy with my choice of doctor. :)

Me too! See you there!

After months of research I'm going with Dr Francisco Gonzalez. He's with BajaMed Group. I don't want the experience of being herded through like cattle being tagged. I'm sure this is going to piss people off with me saying that. Google him. His records and achievements speak for themselves. No, your not going to see his name plastered up on here BC he doesn't pay all of the tons of money on advertising and supporting these forums to promote his name. He doesn't need to. Period. I'm paying 6300 and have been on touch with my surgeons from the get-go. I'm also vlogging my entire experience at YouTube.com/shesstrangelynormal. Ultimately, if u wanna stand in line all day like cattle being tagged, go with someone else and pay 4500-5000. That's not for me. Ugh

I totally agree I would not want to be herded like cattle either. Dr. Garcia only does 4 surgeries a day and I never once felt like a paycheck or a cow lol when I was there. As far as the advertising goes I never once chose him because of any advertising he paid for. I chose him because of the testimonials on this forum about him which are all positive. Everyone has to make the choice they are most comfortable with and I am so happy you have found a surgeon that you are happy with. As far the as the price tag goes the cost of the surgery does not make the surgeon better or worse. I feel like I got the same great service for $5000 that some people pay $8000 or more for. I agree with comfortably numb we cannot put every doctor in the same category. The more you pay for a surgery does not guarantee you a safe and happy experience. I do hope you have a wonderful experience and am honestly happy for your choice. Good luck with your journey and I will tune into your youtube channel.

Comfortably Numb' date=' you are so right. When I started this journey I checked out every one of these doctors and narrowed it down to a few. I chose Dr. Kelly because of my interactions with him, with his staff, etc. For about 3 months now, I've been in constant contact with him or Omar and I could not be happier. I feel like I am included with a big family! I've talked to dozens of people privately, previous patients, etc etc. Not one of them had anything negative to say about their experience with Dr. Kelly. The clincher for me was meeting a lovely lady who went to him with a friend, then went back to him for her own surgery, then referred her own family members to him! Honestly, that was the best referral info I could have gotten.

Many of these doctors are very good, and you can find positives and negatives about ALL of them. Yes there are some who do this surgery for a LOT cheaper (using recovery houses, etc) but honestly, that's what works for some people. If that's all they can afford and are willing to take the risk, then that is their decision. Sometimes that's the best someone can do.

I am scheduled for next week, and I'm scared and excited and having all of the expected emotions. But I'm still very happy with my choice of doctor. :)[/quote']

Finding Myself, I'm glad to hear your story. I probably wasn't clear on this but pur surgery this weekend was both my wife and myself. We had such a great experience we are planning to returns soon to visit!

Dr. Alvarez is the sweetest guy you'll meet. Very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. He's done more sleeves than any doctor in the world, as I understand it, and I am so glad I chose him! I recommend him highly! :)