Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where the heck has Delarla gone?

In no way does answering the OP question give anyone free rein to get nasty. There is just no reason for it. If you feel the need to get into dirty details of what you perceive happened take it to PM.... no reason for this to go on like it has. Threads like this are what turn a lot of people off and make them afraid to post what they really think because they will be attacked. There are always going to be people who don't get along... that's just life. It's what we do with that that makes us better people or just fall into the pit of filth that we profess to hate.

I ask that folks stop with the "you" bits. I didn't start this thread to gather a bunch of petty comments. I simply inquired on the whereabouts of a support person whom I consider a dear, and a friend. I didn't ask if everyone agreed with my opinion, only where she might be. Argue somewhere else, I don't care for all the piss dripping out of my mail box, I don't piss in anyone elses. Thanks for your support.

For whatever reasons, Delarla is not here and I doubt she will come back anytime soon. HER CHOICE HER REASONS. We cannot and should not speculate why she isn't here.

Dredging up old 'dead' issues is not healthy to LBT at this point. If this thread continues down this road it will be moved to the Rants and Raves section or Locked altogether.

And ya know that would be a HUGE shame since someone was missing a board member and wanted to express that sentiment. If you did not agree or do not miss that member they WHY respond?

Now back to regularly scheduled programming. I too miss Delarla posts but not the heated ones.

When someone asks "why is she missing?" people will give their viewpoint. The question itself opened up doors..

So yes, though the original poster expressed a "missing" feeling of someone, there was a question and as an open forum, it was addressed.

If you did not agree or do not miss that member they WHY respond?

Ditto what Telly just said.

Others were saying why they thought she wasn't coming around. As somone who was closely involved in that "realy nasty period of time" I felt the same right as others to express my opinion. I basically said no more than you did Penni. I don't miss the "heated" posts.

If we are limited to only posting on threads where we all have the same opinion, there wont be much activity on LBT. :cool:

Everyone who posted their opinion did so in a straight forward, non aggressive manner. It was the responses to those straight forward and non aggressive posts that were indeed the aggressive, fingerpointing, and mudslinging ones.

Perspective is everything. I hope that everyone can see that.

:cool: I like everyone on LBT I also like cheese :)

Nana~

Me, too. AND Guacamole. Do you all realize just how much fat is in guacamole?! I keep tellling myself, "it's GOOD fat!" still...:heh:

I like everyone on LBT too. I also like wine, which probably accounts for why I like everyone on LBT. *snort, giggle, grin*

It's not the guac that gets me it's the chips...all those carbs ;( ~Mandy

1 avocado, fruit without skin and seed:

26.7g Fat

14.9 Carbs

11.8 Fiber

3.4 Protien

amazing percentages on the various Vitamins and minerals. It really is a good food. Too bad the chips are so yummy with it. Hey, Mandy, we can lose the chips and slice it up onto a small salad? It's yummy. But, oh, chips and guac. Pure taste of Heaven, I say!

Avocado might have high fat content but it is the GOOD fat it contains if I am not mistaken. I love Guac and chips. Avocado on salads or on a burger or with chicken is yummy. OK now I am hungry.

:faint: I'm so not surprised that a thread that began as innocent and supportive of one person has yet again turned ugly.:cool: And just think.. she wasn't even here to be a part of it or take the blame. Imagine...

The one thing I can say about Delarla. She definitely has 'broke bad' a few times, but I have never yet failed to see her come back and admit where she wrong and that she had indeed taken part in crazy-making. I think that takes a much more honest person than someone who feigns innocence even when the evidence is there to prove otherwise.

One has to wonder why anyone who'd had such a bad experience with this person would even want to contribute to the originally supportive thread for her, other than to interfere with the support??:)

:focus: