Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where the heck has Delarla gone?

She was one of the first bandsters to take my hand and help walk me through the madness of being banded.

She helped me more than she knows and I appreciate her for that.

She has a good heart :cool: and I miss her too.

DeLarla....only she can cause trouble by not even being here. . .

I think I miss that most about her! :cool:

I agree... I miss DeLarla too! I enjoyed her always telling it how it is and having the guts to say what a lot of us were thinking. It's one of the things I loved about LBT when I first joined to see that we don't always have to agree with each other or even like each other for things to work out... much like life I think. I think her honesty was very refreshing in a world of BS, she is not perfect and never claimed to be. I wish she would come back but I honestly don't see it happening.

I'm in agreement with P'Nut about the peace and quiet, as well with DonnaB, about how it's ok to abuse others but still demand respect.

Even in your own family (LBT family too) there are people you will not get along with. You don't HAVE to like or even love them. It's your choice. So while some of you love the drama, others don't.

One thing I've noticed is even though she's been gone for a bit, she's still the highest thread poster. No one has caught up to her. Think maybe she spent too much time on here. Now she's out living life. Good for her.

I agree I hope Delarla comes back even if it is just every now and again. She was always very kind to me and her posts helped me alot in many ways.

:cool:

I'm in agreement with P'Nut about the peace and quiet, as well with DonnaB, about how it's ok to abuse others but still demand respect.

Even in your own family (LBT family too) there are people you will not get along with. You don't HAVE to like or even love them. It's your choice. So while some of you love the drama, others don't.

One thing I've noticed is even though she's been gone for a bit, she's still the highest thread poster. No one has caught up to her. Think maybe she spent too much time on here. Now she's out living life. Good for her.[/quote]

Since Decarla is not here to speak for herself, I think it's best to not let this thread turn into something ugly. If she wants to come back she will and if not, it's her choice.

I've been on LBT 1 1/2 years now. Delarla was always the thread starter I looked forward to reading. She was dramatic & wasn't afraid to say anything. However, I was always amazed at how she could attack someone so easily & not think twice about it. As much as I liked to read her threads, I was also a little afraid of her because I never knew if she would attack ME!! :paranoid

It has been calmer around here since she's been gone, but I've also enjoyed it because I've not been so afraid of posting. I have to admit that as much as I liked reading her funny stories & her clever insight, I'm thrilled that I no longer have to read all the crap that she throws out to anyone that doesn't agree with her. I didn't know her personally, but the Delarla that she portrayed on LBT seemed to be a very hurt, almost disturbed person. I feel sorry for her. I hope she's finding some peace in her life. Maybe this break is exactly what she needs!

Since Decarla is not here to speak for herself, I think it's best to not let this thread turn into something ugly. If she wants to come back she will and if not, it's her choice.

Except for the typo :cool: , I agree with this 100%. It's best not to dissect other posters at all, whether they're here or not.

Thanks.

I haven't seen anyone say anything ugly. There have been a few hints at ugliness, but none of those were directed at DeLarla.

If someone starts a thread on LBT, it should be understood that this is an open forum and everyone has the right to respond on the thread, even if they have a different opinion. Which is what I see everyone doing on this thread. People are being honest about what they experienced. I see nothing wrong with that. There are a lot of people here who have known DeLarla for many years and love her a lot. And that is truly awesome. There are also people here who have been hurt by her, and they have the right to say that they have not missed her and have enjoyed the peace and quiet during her absence. There is nothing ugly in that.

I too hope that she finds some peace in her life. And I too hope that she feels she is welcome to come back to LBT and be that supportive and fun spirited person she has been for many. I just hope that if she does come back, it won't be as it has been in the past - returning on a charging horse, holding up a banner of the people who have emailed her to come back and "save LBT" from those who are trying to take over. LBT is here for everyone, not just the few that were here years ago. There are many new people here, with many different personality types. Just because some of those people are more outspoken, it doesn't mean they have some subversive plan to take over the place!

I do hope that we can all stop hinting at a "common demoninator" for the conflicts that arise on LBT. Frankly, I'm tired of that kind of talk. Either put up or shut up. Show us the threads with the posts to back it up if it's that important to you. The fact is, we are a family and there will be some spats now and then. But since DeLarla has been gone, I haven't seen anyone called a F*cking C*nt, told they were as nasty as an infected HIV needle, or threated by their spouse. Nuff said.

It's never a good thing to talk about someone who isn't even here. If you want to encourage her, or her return, I would suggest email or some other means that she keeps up with.

Wow. This really seems to be a passionate subject. I think the original poster was just asking where DeLarla has gone not asking everyone to rehash everything that happened in the past. It's not really fair to talk about someone when they can't defend themselves.

We are all here for the same reason.... support. I hope we can all remember that and not let this spin out of control as I have seen threads do in the past.

Peace.

Wow. This really seems to be a passionate subject. I think the original poster was just asking where DeLarla has gone not asking everyone to rehash everything that happened in the past. It's not really fair to talk about someone when they can't defend themselves.

We are all here for the same reason.... support. I hope we can all remember that and not let this spin out of control as I have seen threads do in the past.

Peace.

I think it was inevitable that the question "where is she" was a catalyst for explanation of "why she isn't here".

I have an answer to both questions:

"Where is DeLarla?": Vegas, last I heard.

"Why isn't she here?": Because she made a personal decision to not be here.

There is room on the board for everyone, IMO. I hope she does come back when she is ready. She did give some excellent advice to people and was a source of enjoyment and encouragement for many.

Whether I get on with her or not is irrelevant. The major factor is whether she can take part in the community while observing the rules of the board.