Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

MOM,

I'm sure it is quite a job keeping up with us. THANK YOU for the time you take to do it. I know I speak for all of us when I say how much we appreciate what you do. It is so nice to check in (at least) weekly and see how everyone is doing.

Good luck to all with the weekend's food, family, and festivities. It will be a challenge but it will all soon be over too. The good news is the band will still be there when it is over!

Happy Early Merry Christmas! :)

r2ht4u: Wow that's a dramatic weight loss. How are you managing it? Mostly determination or a restrictive band? Or both? I'd dearly love to be in the 160s now. Did you set interim goals from time to time? Do you exercise a lot? Please share when you have time. Thanks!

Well..I started out the day of surgery at 182 and im 5-4. I thought my weight loss has been really slow up until my last fill. I had the last fill under fluro-I think thats how you spell it~anyway I was so tight I had to get some taken out. Still I am to tight and have cut out most of my eating I only eat like 1/4 cup of food a day now. I'm sorry to say I do not exercise much at all~I just moved and my stress is through the roof! I am very determined to get down to my goal weight. I hope to be at goal in the next 6 months. I think starting out below 200 might be a little harder to get the weight off-I could be wrong but its really been a big struggle for me in the last 3 months. So I would say for me its starving myself to death :cry Going to get myself back on track soon...I hope! Best of luck to you

Hi Sept. bandsters! I haven't seen a post in a couple of days here, so I guess everyone is up to their eyeballs getting ready for Christmas.

I know our Christmas challenge is almost over. Thanks to "Mom of Many" for all your work keeping up with our stats. I think the weekly updates are a good way for us to keep this group going. Would ya'll be interested in another challenge after this one is over? If so, what kind?

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and a very Merry Christmas!

Tami

r2ht4u: Gosh I'm sorry to hear that you have been having to deal with the stress of a move. It is hard too, to avoid fast food places when you're on the go like that. I'm impressed though, keep up the good work!

I definitely want to join in the accolades for Momofmany! You've been a real gem taking it all on and keeping up with all our numbers. Thanks so much. I nominate someone else to take over that job if we decide to go for a VALENTINE'S DAY CHALLENGE!

What do you say, folks? Want to make it a Valentine's Day thing or something a little further off?

I'd volunteer for record keeping except I'm this {} close to being computer illiterate! I've still never mastered the art of the freakin' ticker! I was hoping you all would think I just didn't want you to know my stats. Nope. I've gone through all the steps, over and over, and I finally threw up my hands. I kept thinking I'd enlist the aid of my DH. And I'll tell you what... if we do go ahead with another challenge I promise I will get my guy to get my ticker up.

Whatdaya say? BJ

Thanks to "Mom of Many" for all your work keeping up with our stats. I think the weekly updates are a good way for us to keep this group going!

Kuddos!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Im in on the next challenge- valentines or st pattys day?

St. Patricks might be a good compromise. I'm afraid that Easter is just too far off for me.

I still am up for Valentine's Day if that is the consensus. People will start checking in after Christmas Day. Maybe we can nail it down for sure after the Monday weigh in?

What would you guys think about doing an exercise challenge instead of pounds lost (or maybe both). That's one area that I'm slacking in, and could use a boost to get me moving!

We just finished Christmas Eve dinner, and I don't EVEN want to get on the scales tomorrow morning! But, it was good, and it was *worth* it! While I was eating, I was thinking about an episode of Seinfeld, when Elaine wouldn't have sex with anyone unless they were "sponge-worthy" ('cause they stopped making the birth control sponge). Anyway, I kept thinking, "yep, this food is *definitely* pouch-worthy!"

Merry Christmas!

Tami

Ugggghhh. :help: I have been awful these last two weeks. I do OK at home...just don't buy the bad stuff but there is junk at work all the time.

I am a nurse and family members and co-workers are constantly bringing in sweets, pastries and all sorts of evil treats. I can live without a steak but chocolate or sweets? That is my weakness.

I think I have good restriction, it's the snacking inbetween (whick I KNOW I shouldn't do) that is killing me.

A very loving and caring family member said, "Just don't eat it! Say no. Don't do it." :girl_hug: I said if it was that easy I wouldn't be a bandster. I liken it to having a bowl of crack on the table and telling a drug abuser "just say no."

I really can't wait for the holidays to end so all of the bad stuff will go away.

To top it off I have been working on becoming a non-smoker (I slip up from time to time.) I am taking Chantix which is to help decrease the cravings for nicotine and the reward of smoking the cigarette. (the rush.)

Someone told me to quit smoking only after I reach my goal weight but I have been told by my GYN doctor to quit now or he'll take me off the birth control pills. And anyone that knows me will tell you I become a bear if I don't take those pills.

What to do? Anyway, I haven't gained any weight this holiday but wish I could keep from continually putting crap in my mouth. Thanks for letting me vent!

:hurt

Tami: Your suggestion of the exercise challenge is probably a good one. I won't be able to participate though because my knees are shot. I can only do Water exercise with the exception of a few floor exercises with my weight completely off my knees. I can't even take a little walk with my dogs. My dietictian says I'm doing well even though I can't exercise much, but I am sure that if I could do some aerobics and biking, etc., I would see much faster results!

"Pouch worthy" now that is funny! I have had a very stressful last few days. Good, but stressful. Four of my adult children came home for the holidays and I have been cooking and doing and my doer is getting tired. I tried to make things simpler and my kids say that it just wouldn't seem like Christmas without this or that. I have been eating some sweets and today we had the big meal. I decided to eat whatever I wanted too. I enjoyed it, but I over ate and my pouch hurts. I hope I didn't stretch it!