Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Whew, you snow-shoein', pipe-freezin' northerners ought to come on down to the south to thaw out! It was 74 and sunny yesterday! I walked the dogs wearing a tank top, and worked up a sweat. But, we're in for several days of rain now. I'd rather have pretty, white snow than dreary old rain. :rain:

Finallyonmyway, my advice is to step away from the TV! Unless you have TiVo, and can fast forward through all the food commercials! I was at the gym one day, and glanced at a TV screen. I was listening to my iPod, so couldn't hear what the commercial was about. One guy was eating a typical fast food meal, and then it cut to the other guy who was eating a teeny tiny burger, fries & drink. I thought, "Wow, a bandster-size fast food meal!" :confused: (But no, it was a Wendy's commercial demonstrating how their "value" meals have larger portions.)

TruBlueSue, I know it's gotta be frustrating to do the work, but not see the results. But, you're a relative light-weight, and it's going to be slower for you than for others with further to go to goal. I fully expect my loss to start trickling off when I'm at your weight. Be patient, keep your mind focused on the goal, and it *will* happen!

I'm down two for the challenge this week. Even better, I got in five sessions of exercise of at least 30"! I'm on a roll!

Tami

Monday weigh in - lost nothing! Still the same! I am getting really frustrated....

Ditto!!! I worked out 4 days, carefully watched what I ate and NOTHING!! This is pissing me off!!

Things are still sssslllooooww here! I'm down to 201 from 205 last week but I've been struggling with the same 5-6 pounds for the last month. Onederville is just around the corner and I just can't seem to squeeze past it. My clothes are loosening up a little.

I've added weight training to my exercise regimen. Just a couple of times a week when the weather's bad. Down here in Texas when we drop down below 30 we all stay indoors....or should. Lord knows Texans don't know how to drive in winter weather. That's when I stick around and workout on the BowFlex in the garage.

So I worked out 45 minutes on the Bowflex, twice last week and walk/ran for 30+.

Got to get back to work. More later.

Hi Ladies....Just weighing in today. I am down 6 pounds this week. Who would have thought that exercising every day for an hour these last 2 weeks would finally pay off. If it wasn't for this challenge I don't think I would have kicked it up. I love a challenge and moving the exercise ticker everyday is really an insentive for me. Who would figure something so simple would be my motivation. Thank you girls for your help! :clap2:

I am down 2lbs for the week... I am in Atlanta on business this week and kind of worried with the eating out every meal for 5 days. This is the first business trip I have taken since banding and every other trip I've ever been on I have utilized the corporate card sparing no expense or calories! We'll see how I do this time...

Here's my Monday check in. Down 2 pounds. I exercised 5 days, snowshoeing twice, Water aerobics twice, treadmill and bowflex. I want to get a personal trainer, but I'm afraid it will be too hard. Don't know why I'm such a big chicken. I want the results and I just need to do it. I guess choosing one seems hard, too. Congrats to everyone that are working so hard. I admire you guys!

Hey!

Just checking in. Down 5 Lbs this week. Yea! But I had a major PB attack last night and today. Called my Doc, she thinks somethings stuck in there. I have to go to the Hospital tomorrow morning so she can get a good look-see. I'm scared as hell that I messed up something, I hope, no, I PRAY that I didn't slip my band. Any of you all ever had a really bad PB to where it hurts all over in side? How did it turn out for you? Well wish me luck tomorrow. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Exercise, also forgot to do it. Maybe this week.

that spiral thing is the pits. I did so good for so long until the spiralllllllllll. that was written in an omonus voice (one that can't spell) had chips and salsa today, all day. salsa is ok but regular chips. wish I had the will power of some of you.. anyway. not near the scales today so tomorrow I will report what I have gained this week. week and a half until my 2nd fill.. then I will learn what the rest of you are talking about. maybe... It is so cold here in utah. I hear the mid county is suffering from cold too. anyone else an icycle???

I stayed exactly the same this week. No loss but at least no gain. I must admit I haven't been careful about my Protein intake and have consumed far too many carbs.

To kick-start my resolve, I just got off the treadmill for my 20 minute session. At least it's something that's headed in the right direction.

I am down 3 pounds this week. Went and had a fill last tuesday and am very tight right now.

Only 1 day of exercise. Caught this awful cold.

April: I hope that you will be okay. PBing is awful. I had an episode last week. I threw up 3 times during this episode. My throat hurt for a few days. My doctor said that when this happens you need to go back a step and eat only soft food or liquids for a day and then proceed cautiously on step at a time to your regualr diet. That is what I did and I haven't had a nother episode. Thank goodness! Good luck! Keep us informed. You are probably just swollen from the trauma.

Hi, ya'll. I have no loss this week. I did exercise twice - for one hour each time. I am sure sorry I didn't go ahead and have a fill a couple of weeks ago. I am scheduled for one next week. I am going to try like crazy to not gain until then.

Is there pretty much a set amount that the doctor normally puts in a fill? I think if I had a little less than a normal .3 cc fill, it would have put me at a perfect adjustment.

My doc gave me stuff to take if I feel like I'm going to actually vomit to keep that from happening. If some of you don't have it, why don't you ask your doctor for it just in case you get in a spot where you feel like you need to throw up? April's experience is a case in point.

April we will all be keeping our fingers crossed that it's nothing more than soreness you are feeling. Hang in there darlin'. We're pulling for you.

BJean

Surgery date: September 11, 2006

220/181c/135

3 fills so far

I have seriously got to put my scales away from Tues. through Sun.! I made the mistake of getting on there again today, and I went up a pound. I hope it's because I'm gaining muscle, but I still don't like to see that on the scale! If it's not muscle, then it's Peanut Butter. I don't think I've had that much, but the jar keeps calling me. I finally shoved the jar to the very back of the top shelf of the pantry. Be gone, evil temptress! :whip:

BJean, the nurse practitioner who does my fills said they do 1 cc for the first fill (in a 4cc band), then .5cc for the next two, and then after that, they go up in .25cc increments.

Is the prescription anti-emetic better than the stuff you can by over-the-counter? I have Emetrol, but wondering if I should get something else. I keep hearing about that stomach bug going around, and it worries me.

April, I hope everything is OK, and that you're getting over your episode. Let us know how it goes.

Tami

1/14/07

20" walk w/dogs

B: coffee w/ LF Creamora & S&L; 1 c. Kashi Go Lean Crunch; 1/2 c. 1% milk

L: 1 c. Turkey/beef chili

S: 4 whole raw walnuts

D: Sushi, shrimp roll

S: NF, SF yogurt; T. peanut butter; rice cake

1/15/07

30" elliptical

30" Cybex, lower body & core

B: coffee w/ LF Creamora & S&L; 1 c. Kashi; 1/2 c. 1% milk

L: 1 c. Turkey/beef chili

S: NF, SF pudding

D: chicken Caesar salad

S: Rice cake & Peanut Butter

April let us know what the doctor says.

Yesterday, I jumped on the rebounder (mini-trampoline) and it kicked my butt. I couldn't finish the entire exercise video. That was a little discouraging since I have been exercising sense July. I am amazed what a work out it gives you. My stomach is really sore. Anyway, after that experience, I think I will once again put off getting a personal trainer, because I don't want to embarass myself.

Today, I went to Water aerobics for an hour. It was great.

Food:

B- 1 c. Kashi Go lean, 4 oz. milk, 1/2 banana, Pero

S- 4 oz. Protien drink

L- 3 oz. chicken breast, 1/2 c. sweet potato, 1/2 salad w/ drizzle of dressing

S- Dannon Light & Crave 4 oz. yogurt, South Beach High Protein Cereal Bar

D- Healthy Choice frozen dinner, apple