Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Larry glad you are in bandland with us. Remember to walk even if it is just out to mailbox and back. My first week I was sore with gas and heating pad helped alot so go and use it if you need. I am on the start of my third week. Went back to work on 9/25 (was banded 9/11). I feel great and have lost 22 pounds!! Take it easy and don't over do.

Congrats larry! I was sore for about 2 days. I understand about how hard it is to move around. It took lots of mental planning to change from laying down to sitting, or sitting to standing. This too will pass. Everyday will get better. Hang in there.

Larry, I found that leaning against a pillow while lying on my side in bed, helped me be more comfortable. I'm a side-sleeper and the back-only position was making me crazy. Also, I took my pain med at bedtime to ensure a good night's sleep, although it did give me some weird dreams.

Chin up, you're getting healthier every day.

MC

Congrats Larry! It's normal to be sore a few days. As much as it may hurt, try to walk to prevent blood clots. liquid tylenol helps. The pain won't last too long, hang in there!

Larry: Great that you've kept your sense of humor! Your experiences were fun to read and reminded me very much of my own.

I was banded 9/11 and it is still a little uncomfortble to bend over and pick stuff up. I get better about that each day though.

When your appetite comes back, it's kinda surprising and comes back with a vengence. Some people have gotten so hungry that they have eaten things that have caused problems. Try not to let yourself get that hungry. The day I was so darned hungry, I ate a little something almost all day long. When I figured out the calories, it was around 1300, but certainly not earth shattering. (Who knew you could eat enough broth, juice and s/f Jello to reach 1300 calories??)

It took about a week before I could maneuver to my right side and catch a few winks. Then not too much longer I was able to prop myself with pillows and kinda sleep on my left side - which (not to be rude) helps with the passage of gaseous emissions. And you're gonna love those! It was like climbing Mt. Everest for me. I was thrilled. Of course I'm over that now and although I do get accumulation from time to time, I'm able to be a little more discreet. (My DH and I have never, in 32 years, passed gas or burped around each other - so you can see why those events kinda blindsided me.)

Good luck this week. You will be moving slowly, but in a week you will begin to see dramatic and welcome changes. Hang in there Larry, and I'm sure glad Mike didn't get to use his power of attorney! BJ

Cindyn: We were banded the same day. You've done a little better than I in the weight loss department. Is your 22 lb. loss just since surgery or did you lose some pre-op? Hope you don't mind me asking!

Larry I was banded 9/13 and I was unable to sleep in my bed for the first 4 or 5 nights. I slept in my chair or on the loveseat with a lot of pillows and the ottoman. Easier to get up also. Katt

Hello All,

thanks for all your wonderful comments and support I need it. I am still very sore but making myself walk I make the dog go out every hour on the hour as its my reason to make myself get up. He is being so good and just doing it even though he thinks I am crazy.; I am sure he is thinking how much does he think I need to go to the bathroom crazy fool:o :P He knows I don't feel good so he just humors me and does it. lol

I know it will get better I am thinking once it gets light enough here I may try to walk to the end of the street and back may take a little while and since Moose is a pomoeranian I will make him come with as he is not strong enough to yank me.

If nothing else my arms should be getting really strong since I use them alot to get up and sit down with lol

How long before you all starting walking regularly? Also I am going to need more pain meds I have not been over using them but almost out can I get those on a Sunday or will I have to make what I have last till tomorrow?

Well have a great day getting kind of sleepy

:notagree

Thanks for all your wonderful support and making me feel so welcomed and listen to me cry.

HI Larry, I went for my first outing to the mall to walk around on my 6th day. It was tiring and I was sore. I was amazed how much better I felt the second week. Hang in there. I took Tylonel liquid extra strength during day as needed and the pm liquid really helped at night. I am a side sleeper too and about a wek and 1/2 into the process I woke up in morning and I was on my side!! Using a pillow to splint the port when you get out of bed,cough, ride in car is so helpful.

Hi Larry! Congrats on your new 'banded' status. You know, it took me about ten days before I really felt halfway decent - and now, exactly 4 weeks out, I have no pain, no issues...except now I think I need to get a fill! lol...its hard to hear that this too will past fast, but it really does...

I took vicodan the first couple of days after surgery, and laid around a lot - but once I got moving and realised the gas pain subsided with walking, I tried to do a little bit every hour or so...

:-)

:wow2: :wow2: :wow2: :wow2:

WE DID IT!!!!!

September is officially over, and as a group, we are 101 new bandsters. Thanks to everyone for their support and encouragement. Now the hard work begins.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

i had my surg 9/25 in nj. went to college and drove 2 days later. took a 700 question exam 4 days post op. returning to work this tues (8 days post op) i still find it hard to sleep, cant find a comfortable position. my stomach was and still is sooooo bloated none of my close fit comfortably around the waist even though i lost tons of weight. i heard all laproscopic surgeries fill u up with gas. once i had my first bowel movement 6 days post i felt better.

surgery 9/25

day 6= 11 lbs lost

[link=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[image noborder]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10716;68;0;0/c/-12/t/-85/k/a859/weight.png[/image]

[/link]

Wow! I am so happy to be here with all of you. I can't wait for my weigh in on Wednesday. I was walking with my family yesterday and I looked down and I couldn't see my stomach protruding from underneath my breasts anymore!! I couldn't believe it. I haven't seen that since before my 2nd child! That is quite an accomplishment for me.

Well, good luck to each and every one of you and I wish you well.

Hi Larry, Buzz, Lifelong!

Congratulations to all of you!

Larry, I hope you're feeling better today and we able to get your pain meds for the weekend. If it's any consolation, I needed as much Vicodin as they gave me, but then miraculously I didn't need any more and Tylenol has been enough. It's a terrible thing to worry that you will be in pain with nothing to help.

Like Want2Lose said, we did it! I'm glad we have each other to lean on for support.

Well Kiddos,

Been a few since I checked in, just got back from the deer lease with my husband. My clothes are starting to feel a bit loose and it makes me very happy. My underwear even fit better, OH what a feeling!!!!!! Sister called and said she has size 12's for me when I'm ready she just cleaned out her closet. That may be a way down the road but its a road that I'm am steady on. I have noticed that I'm feeling more hungry now and eating soft foods, like I have been told. I do find that I seem to eat normally more and more :hungry: (which scares me a bit) but I know I can handle it. As with some here I feel no restriction at times however know that a fill is only 3-4 weeks away if needed.

All of you have done so well so hats off to all of you for your brave decissions and your courage to follow the path less traveled. Keep up the good work, I know you will be sucessful.

16lbs down since banding!!!!:clap2:

Official weigh in next week