Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Isopure Isnt A Clear Liquid, I Guess

I I went online looking for clear Protein and Isopure came up as having one. I ordered it. It has 50grams of whey protein so I was like this is a good thing to start with when you're trying to get adequate protein in. Got it yesterday, tried it today. It's ok, but NOT clear!!! But I still think its an awesome way to get your protein in!!

Isopure has a grape (it's purple) & tropical fruit punch (reddish/pink) or something like that that is clear It doesn't have 50 grams of Protein, but it was what we were told to buy. A good thing to try also is Unjury chicken broth.< /p>

There is an Isopure product that is a clear liquid that has 40 g of Protein in the 20 oz bottle or 15 g (I think) in the smaller plastic bottles. I bought some of the larger glass bottles at GNC last week to have for my clear liquid stage. I found the smaller ones on Amazon, but never ordered any. I've heard it has an odd aftertaste & some people don't like it. Some people say they mix that Mio drink mix or crystal light with it & that takes away the aftertaste. I only bought 2 bottles to see if I can tolerate it after surgery before buying more.

Oh - and in case I wasn't clear about it, the Isopure that is clear liquid is already liquid & not a powder like the other Isopure.

Yeah. I got the packets. It's cleanish but colored. And I have a few injury products that are to be delivered 5/15. I'm a prep weirdo! My day isn't until August!!!

MomScholar, I tried the purple (Grape) and it did have a weird taste. I will go out to GNC and pick some up. I was told since 4 of the first week of Clear liquids is in the hospital I should probably only need one large bottle, and since I really truly didn't like the taste, I appreciate the info on the MIO!!!

What flavor did you get? Ask your surgeon if he has any small trial bottles to try in advance. They also gave me a small packet of unjury chicken broth that I am going to try in advance too. I was given the shakes for me pre-op (14 days worth) by them, but I will have to get the Vitamins (something from Walgreens 4x's a day) and the Isopure in advance.

If you like green jolly rancher try the apple one(green color). I was told in the store always go with the red, purple, or green Isopure bottles the rest taste horrible. It was ok with them pre op but I couldn't stand them post op so don't buy alot of anything

I actually really like the Isopure alpine punch, I think it is called, but not stocking up on too many since I might not like it post op. But try that one!

I bought a bottle of "Mango Peach" and "Grape Frost" I put both in my fridge and tried a teeny sip of the Mango Peach just because I didn't want to waste it before surgery since they're kinda expensive for what they are. I liked it okay, but it did have an aftertaste. I figured I'd save them for after surgery and try to mix something with them at that point. I think I might just stick to mixing beneprotein with broth or crystal light instead of buying more Isopure. I'm not sure yet though. I didn't want to buy too much since I didn't know if I'd like it, especially since people say that your taste buds change after surgery too!

This substance is lovingly referred to in our home as "IsoPuke".

I have, however, heard of some people having success with Mio, Crystal Light and even just making it very, very, very cold prior to consumption.

Best of luck to you!

I couldn't stand the Isopure, but I added a little Truvia to it and it was much better (kinda like Koolaid).

I "test drove" the Isopure for a few months prior to surgery so I could find flavors I liked. The pharmacy at my surgeon's office sells all the flavors so I was able to sample. I decided on a couple I liked (Blueberry and Alpine Punch) and knew it would be the best way to get both my Protein and liquids in during the first two weeks after surgery. I didn't hate the taste and tolerated the aftertaste and was open for the adventure. However, after surgery, I could not stand the sweet flavor of the Isopure. I choked them down the first two days but was so disappointed that my tastebuds had changed so dramatically. My husband suggested I add a little salt to the drink, and since I don't have high blood pressure or sodium issues, that is what I did. I drank my Isopure in shot glasses while licking a miniscule bit of salt off my wrist -- it felt decadent and made the process of drinking them tolerable. Here is a picture of my two weeks worth of Isopures. About 4 days into it I realized I needed another flavor so added the Orange which was okay. Also, I discovered that drinking them at room temperature worked better for me in the beginning rather than cold. It was truly a trial and error process but I was able to get all my Proteins in and have had a very health recovery -- I am now at week 7 post op.

I wish I knew about these. I got the packets. Stupid me thought it would be like crystal light packets, but duh, it's not.