Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers?! Where Ya's At?

Hospital called today to set labs it's starting to feelmreal

Hey guys! I'm Tasha 23 5'8 260 pounds. I am in nursing school and am getting this done on my two week break! EEEEEEEK! I have two furbabies no real children :) My new life is scheduled to start August 13 2012!!!!

Thanks Audrey' date=' I'm getting banded through tri state bariatrics with Dr. Weiss. I live in Putnam County, 5 minutes from the Westchester County border. My surgeon is in fishkill and Middletown but the actual surgery is in Port Jervis which is far from me but I've heard good things about my surgeon so I figure it's worth the trip! Where are you getting banded? I saw you were a special ed teacher. I used to be too and taught in the Bronx for the board of ed.[/quote']

I would do my best never to have surgery in a place called "fishkill" :P

I'm so excited (surgery Aug but wait listed for sooner) that I cleaned out all my closets and drawers and couple nights ago. I crashed my friends yard sale today and sold a ton of stuff and took the rest to a thrift store. It was so freeing to get rid of stuff. I kept the summer clothes that fit now and 20's, 18's and 16's I've had packed away.

A year ago my life was so dark with a breast cancer diagnosis, a double mastectomy, 6 mons of chemo and then being told I was too obese for reconstruction. Tomorrow I Celebrate 7 years sober then I have surgery coming up and reconstruction on the horizon.

Life is freakin' awesome again! :D

I'm an August Sleever! August 13th for me. I'm so excited and ready! Nice to meet y'all :)

post-60069-13813669858442_thumb.png

This is my goal shirt it was my moms ( passed) I bought it for her she never wore it it's a medium I can't wait to wear it oh yeah and my size 10 Calvin klein I saved those too

post-29195-13813659197626_thumb.jpg

Hello and Welcome to all the new August Sleevers think there is some banding to if I am not mistaken, getting so many I cant barely keep up :)

Question of the day...I am looking forward to joining a womans soccer team.

Question of the day...I am looking forward to joining a womans soccer team.

Umm why...they make you chase a ball and kick girls :P.

This is my goal shirt it was my moms ( passed) I bought it for her she never wore it it's a medium I can't wait to wear it oh yeah and my size 10 Calvin klein I saved those too

Skye....that shirt is out of fashion...and I can't wait to see you bring it back in lol! :). I'd kill to look hot in that heh heh.

I need to photo my suit :). It's my half way goal and probably as out of vogue...but honey I'm gonna rock it just like you

I'm getting Sleeved August 1st

I'm actually just a little worried because I have a six year old who has a rare disorder and he needs me (ironic....he has zero hunger drive and is in the zero percentile for size if I don't watch him constantly). But I'm also doing this for him and know it will be worth it...especially when all I have to put on are petite girl panties lol.

I think that I feel less worry because I'm doing this close to home. For some reason leaving the country would add to my stress as I couldn't take him there and wouldn't want to leave him too long. That's probably stupid :) but that's how my mind works.

You're gonna be fine girlfriend and perhaps on your next trip to mx you'll be packing thongs instead of big girl panties : p

I can totally understand your worry as a mom it is absolutely surreal the idea of going to have a surgery in Mexico so far from home. In the end though we all know it is going to improve our lives...but it's still scary as hell. I haven't told my family yet...I am guessing at Christmas they will figure something out lol....my in laws know about it though...does that count?

I think we just need to breathe, we know we have done our research, we know that we didn't get here lightly. I think your son will admire you when he is older for taking control of your obesity and enjoying his childhood with him. I just wish it wasn't so damned scary lol. I want to be around for a VERY long time, the path that I was on....that probably wasn't a option. VIVA LA SLEEVA! lol note to self, I should probably try to learn some basic spanish...especially where are the cabana boys? :D hehehe J/K my darn hubby will be there :P Seriously though, I don't know if I could go to Mexico without him there. It does stress me out, but I know it's for the best. My doctor at home is the one who brought up Mexico, as our provincial system would take too long for me and my medical needs. I wonder what life is going to be like post sleeve? I haven't even thought about what size I will end up, or clothes or anything. I am a chicken and don't want to get my hopes up too much lol. I just want my health. I want to be the best momma and wife possible. If that makes sense lol

I'm getting Sleeved August 1st

Congrats on your decision to reclaim you life! My date is August 27, I am officially jealous that you don't have as long to sit with the jitters lol. Where are you getting it done? And with whom?

I haven't got a set date yet but I asked the scheduler at my Dr office and she said realistically August 6 or 8 is the dates I am looking at! I should know by this coming Wednesday. I had my pre op appt July 12, no pre op diet is required. Had to have a sleep study (7/10/12) and EKG and chest X-ray (7/12/12). I started this process back in Oct 2011. I am just ready to be sleeved and be skinny again!!! In HIgh School I was athletic. I am 6'0 tall, back then I was 180 lbs. My highest weight that I've weight in at was 317. My pre op appt I was 290.

I think it's absolutely hilarious that we are jealous of other peoples surgery date (I am included in the jealous group because all I have is a "looks like August" date). What kind of freak is jealous about surgery lmao. Ok me heh heh.

So how about a fun q of the day? Do you have any major award planned for yourself along the way down the scale or at the end? I had planned a major shopping spree with a personal shopper at nordstroms but for the same outrageous amount (heh heh) I am thinking of buying a piece of art crystal that dh and I are both coveting. The reason being that while it's a Victorian abstract piece, the shape looks like a very sexy lady to us both....and I want to look like her :). Looking at her in the parlor everyday would be a great reminder of my success.

And then I'll go shopping later lol.