Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention ! Australian Sleevers

So I have only posted on here once to introduce myself. My surgery is tomorrow and whilst I'm not having second thought or doubts at all it is a bit scary! I did my 2 week pre op diet, couldn't use the opti slim, I found it too salty, so kept using the biggest loser shakes. After a few 'last suppers' my weight at the start of shakes was 146.6kg, today it's 140.3..I'm really hoping tomorrow is 139.something!! I did break a couple of times and am a little worried that this will impact on tomorrow, but can't do anything about it now...I can't wait until I'm over the other side with everyone else and after seeing how well everyone has done I'm hoping for the same positive results!!

Hi Spudsy, good luck tomorrow it's an interesting journey your starting on but just remember it gets easier all the time, I am 9 weeks out 129kg day of surgery 113.8 today and feeling better all the time. Look forward to seeing you on the loosing side, take care.

Hi everyone, I'm two weeks post op and feeling fine. Rolled me for a couple of days and I had shoulder tip pain but it went away night two, I think I have been one of the lucky ones. I have been sneaking around here for awhile now finding out all I could before my op. I've lost 12kg since pre op diet and am currently 103kg.

Puréed food is definitely not my favourite food texture but I'm back to real food Christmas Day, seafood on the menu this year. I have a freezer full of beautiful ocean fish from our last fishing trip that I haven't been able to touch.

I don't personally know anyone who has had the surgery and the knowledge I gained here made it so much easier. I just wanted to say hi and thank everyone for sharing your experience.

Hi everyone, I'm two weeks post op and feeling fine. Rolled me for a couple of days and I had shoulder tip pain but it went away night two, I think I have been one of the lucky ones. I have been sneaking around here for awhile now finding out all I could before my op. I've lost 12kg since pre op diet and am currently 103kg.

Puréed food is definitely not my favourite food texture but I'm back to real food Christmas Day, seafood on the menu this year. I have a freezer full of beautiful ocean fish from our last fishing trip that I haven't been able to touch.

I don't personally know anyone who has had the surgery and the knowledge I gained here made it so much easier. I just wanted to say hi and thank everyone for sharing your experience.

Welcome and congrats on your loss so far, the people on here would have to be some of the most helpful I have met on this site. Very open and willing to share they have certainly made things easier for me. Look forward to hearing how your journey progresses

So I have only posted on here once to introduce myself. My surgery is tomorrow and whilst I'm not having second thought or doubts at all it is a bit scary! I did my 2 week pre op diet, couldn't use the opti slim, I found it too salty, so kept using the biggest loser shakes. After a few 'last suppers' my weight at the start of shakes was 146.6kg, today it's 140.3..I'm really hoping tomorrow is 139.something!! I did break a couple of times and am a little worried that this will impact on tomorrow, but can't do anything about it now...I can't wait until I'm over the other side with everyone else and after seeing how well everyone has done I'm hoping for the same positive results!!

mGood luck spudsy. I hope it all went smoothly and you enjoy the ride down.

Hi everyone, I'm two weeks post op and feeling fine. Rolled me for a couple of days and I had shoulder tip pain but it went away night two, I think I have been one of the lucky ones. I have been sneaking around here for awhile now finding out all I could before my op. I've lost 12kg since pre op diet and am currently 103kg. Puréed food is definitely not my favourite food texture but I'm back to real food Christmas Day, seafood on the menu this year. I have a freezer full of beautiful ocean fish from our last fishing trip that I haven't been able to touch. I don't personally know anyone who has had the surgery and the knowledge I gained here made it so much easier. I just wanted to say hi and thank everyone for sharing your experience.

Welcome frogfeet, welcome and congratulations on your success to date. I agree that the puree stage was the pits, but it got better afterwards. Enjoy your little bit of seafood on Christmas Day and if you wait a while you may even fit in a tablespoon of plum pudding and custard!

Welcome to all the newbies and hi to the veterans. I've been a bit quieter on the site lately. I am now 16 months post op and only a few kgs off my personal goal BUT I am struggling somewhat as I just started working back in hospitality in a 5 star hotel on the Gold Coast and I am entertaining and travelling constantly. It's even worse at the moment pre Christmas. I have actually put on 2 kilos in 3 weeks, so I will have to be a lot more vigilant in future. It's not that I can eat larger quantities, but I am eating and drinking naughty things more often. Thank goodness I had already lost 37kgs before starting the job.

Kelli, I know you don't really look around on the other forums, but checkout the Sleeve Veterans forum. I have learned a lot about how to get back on track from those guys. I'm still traveling and did just fine last week in Pune, but I'm struggling here in Bangalore, where I adore the food and I'm also just starting to feel tired and out of my routine, and it's easier not to eat as cleanly as I should.

Went for my checkup yesterday, 2 weeks was a bit soon but my surgeon wanted to see me before Christmas and it was the only appointment left. He told me as I am doing so well I can start trying solids at 3 weeks, nothing to harsh. He said it won't do any damage it's all about if I can handle it or not. I was thrilled and can't wait to chew food again but will still stick to fairly soft foods for awhile. Was anyone else nervous about going back on solids?

Went for my checkup yesterday, 2 weeks was a bit soon but my surgeon wanted to see me before Christmas and it was the only appointment left. He told me as I am doing so well I can start trying solids at 3 weeks, nothing to harsh. He said it won't do any damage it's all about if I can handle it or not. I was thrilled and can't wait to chew food again but will still stick to fairly soft foods for awhile. Was anyone else nervous about going back on solids?

Hi and welcome Frogfeet - I had my op on 18 July 2012 so I am 17 months out like Kelli. I remember so looking forward to solid food and the first thing I ate was scrambled egg. I ate about 2 teaspoons and that was it! I cried as I kind of went into this totally irrational panic attack thinking I was never going to be able to eat again and I was going to starve to death! Thankfully my sensible husband reassured me and I never looked back after that moment. You sound like you are doing really well and everyone's experiences are different, but if you do feel despondent about how much you can get down (especially around all the yummy food at Christmas), I can assure you it gets better as time goes on.

Welcome to all the newbies and hi to the veterans. I've been a bit quieter on the site lately. I am now 16 months post op and only a few kgs off my personal goal BUT I am struggling somewhat as I just started working back in hospitality in a 5 star hotel on the Gold Coast and I am entertaining and travelling constantly. It's even worse at the moment pre Christmas. I have actually put on 2 kilos in 3 weeks, so I will have to be a lot more vigilant in future. It's not that I can eat larger quantities, but I am eating and drinking naughty things more often. Thank goodness I had already lost 37kgs before starting the job.

Hi Kelli - Good to see you online. You look fantastic and must be within the healthy BMI now - I have no doubt that you will lose those last few kilos once this Christmas madness is over. Your job sounds rather glamorous - entertaining and travelling! I can relate to getting off track with the food choices - you know me and this bloody new found sweet tooth I have now developed! I am now making sure I reach for fruit instead of chocolate when I want something sweet. I am trying to see if I can break this habit. It hasn't impacted my weight (yet!) but it is not the best nutritional choice to keep reaching for the caramel pop corn and chocolate bars! Still learning!

Hi Frog feet I absolutely was nervous, couldn't wait till I could eat them then kept going for soft options as I was worried how it would feel to eat solids, I think if you just take it slowly and as you feel able it will be fond, nice timing for Xmas though.

So I can join the bench of sleeves now! My experience so far has been amazing.. I have had all my lines down today and had the swallow xray done- all good no leaks, everything where it should be. I feel really lucky that I haven't had any pain, just some minor discomfort with gas & now nausea. Had my first meal in 2 days, some beef broth...soo good! I feel so lucky to have read all the posts before doing this as I felt you guys helped prepare me for what to expect and what to look for when eating and drinking!! I already feel this is the best decision i could have made...home tomorrow and I'm ready to embark on my new life at home!!

So I can join the bench of sleeves now! My experience so far has been amazing.. I have had all my lines down today and had the swallow xray done- all good no leaks, everything where it should be. I feel really lucky that I haven't had any pain, just some minor discomfort with gas & now nausea. Had my first meal in 2 days, some beef broth...soo good! I feel so lucky to have read all the posts before doing this as I felt you guys helped prepare me for what to expect and what to look for when eating and drinking!! I already feel this is the best decision i could have made...home tomorrow and I'm ready to embark on my new life at home!!

Welcome to the bench, glad things are going well for you, take it easy and one day at a time it gets better and better

You newbies are doing great! If you have any questions just ask. :)

I'm still in Bangalore. Things are going well. Ran this morning and then went shopping after Breakfast. Invited to a birthday party at a coworker's house this evening. That will be fun and interesting. :)

Kelli, I know you don't really look around on the other forums, but checkout the Sleeve Veterans forum. I have learned a lot about how to get back on track from those guys. I'm still traveling and did just fine last week in Pune, but I'm struggling here in Bangalore, where I adore the food and I'm also just starting to feel tired and out of my routine, and it's easier not to eat as cleanly as I should.

Thanks Misty I will do that. I am also finding that quite often I get less restriction and am able to eat more than I should be able to. Especially if it's at a buffet or a plated 3 course meal spread over a period of time. I still need to be careful.